The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » House of Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
4777 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Another place the cruise ship acts would hit while in town. Have you got any crazy House of Magic tales to relate, Pete? Mark is a character but I don't hear many stories about the shop when his dad ran it.

Cheers,

Tom
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18227 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Well, two names come to mind that "hung out" at Buma's shop.

Emile Clifton, who was my main mentor and coach. He was a true hero of WWII as a distinguished flying cross winner as one of the Tuskeegee Airmen. He directed and coached me when I won the P.C.A.M. Grand Prix.

I have just finished writing a book about Emile and it will be out soon.

The other was Jim Cooper. He was one of the best card handler's I had seen in those days. He'd stand at the counter and do shuffle stacks and false deals hours on end.

Oh, funny. There was a guy that called himself The Great Toussant. He loved props painted red. So Buma would get in some old prop, have it painted red and when Toussant saw it had to buy it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » House of Magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.023623 seconds, requiring 14 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [6] [6] [9] [4] [1] [5] [7]