We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » Disapointment » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Frank Starsini
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
12528 Posts

Profile of Frank Starsini
Hi Pete,
Long time no see.

What is the most disappointing thing in magic right now, in your opinion?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic

Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18234 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Not much really, other than my own personal lack of chops compared to the hot new guys. I guess once I was a hot new guy.

I can't believe how many people are now making a good living performing magic. I have no idea how so many illusion shows there are all over the world... seems like hundreds of them.

Only trouble (I guess this is a disappointment) is that most of them all look the same. Lots of dancing and special light and pyro... and almost all doing the same dozen illusions.

Close-up wise there are a great number of really amazing performers.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1778 Posts

Profile of ted french
Great answer. I hear so many old school guys with a negative take on the current state of magic. It's nice to see someone who is encouraging towards the young performers.
P3
practice practice perform.
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18234 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The folks really helping the Youngsters are; Lance Burton, Nick St. Erne, Becki and Bill Wells, with Eugene Burger and Jeff McBride -- sponsoring and working with the teens at the coming World Magic Seminar. What they do with these kids is amazing, several alumni have gone on to very successful pro careers.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5950 Posts

Profile of tabman
The title of this thread should be:

Disapointment - NOT!!!
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18234 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Right on TC.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » Disapointment » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.046251 seconds, requiring 32 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [1] [6] [8] [2] [8] [8] [6]