The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » Remember David Nixon? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
Pete,when I was a little kid the first magician I ever saw on tv was the unbelievably charasmatic David Nixon.
He was immaculate,can you remember him?
No magic on national UK tv nowadays Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18265 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
No, never did see David Nixon. Wish I had, but my experience watching magicians in the UK on TV is Paul Daniels and a few, like Fred Kaps, on the Parkinson Show. And of course lots of clips of Tommy Cooper on you tube.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
You might be interested in the big book on David Nixon written by Eddie Dawes and Steve Short. The photos are incredible. It's titled "David Niuxon -- Entertainer with the Magic Touch".

Matt Field
Pete Biro
View Profile
V.I.P.
18265 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Dawes does great work, he's another "magic treasure." Funny my wife's father, Donald Teague was painting illustratins for the Saturday Evening Post and Collier's another great magazine of the time, wanted him to illustrate stories for them The art editors for both magazines were good friends and they told Donald "Go ahead and work for both, but use a pseudonym. He used the name Edward Dawes.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2010 entrée: Pete Biro » » Remember David Nixon? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.031052 seconds, requiring 20 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [6] [4] [9] [7] [0] [6] [6]