The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Senator Clarke Crandall (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
956 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Quote:
On 2010-07-31 02:19, Julie wrote:
Wasn't there a series of little pink(?) booklets by Crandall, too?

Julie

Late response, yes I ran across my set of them recently. I also ran across a set of the "Comments" booklets he published after he was banned from the NEW TOPS.

Gil Scot
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1121 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
O.k., we are waiting. Why was he banned from the NEW TOPS?
Et tu, Spartacus?
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
555 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
According to Greg Bordner from Abbotts he was not banned from the New Tops but censored.
77 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit the Magic Capital - Abbott Magic / Magic Capitol
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
555 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
We just uploaded "The Best of Senator Crandall" as a $4 download. In the introduction by the Senator he compliments Neil Foster on his wisdom in editing his column.

http://abbottmagic.com/Instant-Download-......alll.htm
77 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit the Magic Capital - Abbott Magic / Magic Capitol
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
956 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
Greg may be right about Crandall being censored not banned but the upshot was he no longer wrote for New Tops.

Gil Scott
jhard
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
134 Posts

Profile of jhard
Clark also invented and sold his version of the Brainwave Deck. I bought one from him and loved it, but I lost it in a move from CA to TX. Anybody have one they want to get rid of ?
Success to all.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1285 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Senator Crandall's one-hand version of six-card repeat as published in Tarbell 6 is phenomenal, and is clearly a seminal piece of work revered and used as a "starter set" in much of the thinking behind other great magicians' versions of this great classic trick.

I may be wrong, but it looks to me like Pop Haydn has incorporated much of Crandall's one-handed six-card repeat "bits" in his most recent version of this trick.

I highly reccomend looking this up in Tarbell 6!
Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
589 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
For anyone interested there is a complete re-working of the Crandall One-handed Six Card Repeat in 'Magictales Two'; It concludes with a strong finish (for the lack of which the original has often been criticized).

Leslie.
Stories....?....That's telling!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1879 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Bill Tadlock, my mentor when I was fourteen, was a friend of Crandall's and Monk Watson's, and he played an audio tape for me that Crandall had made teaching how to play the banjo--"You have to tune this string until just before it breaks..." I met Crandall a little after that at Abbott's Magic Convention. He was quite a character, and a big influence on me. My Six Card Trick is based on a combination of Crandall's and Roy Benson's. I think that much of Crandall's routine came from Benson, but the comedy was his own.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Senator Clarke Crandall (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.077064 seconds, requiring 38 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [1] [5] [3] [2] [2] [1] [2]