The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Jeapordy (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The_Outlaw
View Profile
New user
Texas
45 Posts

Profile of The_Outlaw
I recently learned how to perform 'Jeapordy'.

I prefer to call it 'Photographic Memory' when performing it because I like to 'riffle' through the deck and feign to the audience that I have the ability to 'see' and 'count' each color and suit in the deck through one quick riffle of each side.
It seems to blow thier minds whenever I perform it. Smile
My biggest problem however is that almost every time, someone asks me to do it again.
I would very much like to be able to repeat it (with a different count, and I am fairly certain that there must be a way to perform it again with a diffeent count to seemingly 'prove' my 'abilities', but I have not yet figured out a quick re-set for this illusion yet.
So my usual response is "Sorry folks, Once is an illusion, twice is a free lesson." Then I will move on into another card trick.

Any advice??
Oh yeah?! Well...That's like...just your 'opinion' man.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Sounds like you've got it figured out. I'd just move on and blow their mind with something else. It's all for fun anyway.

Mark.
The_Outlaw
View Profile
New user
Texas
45 Posts

Profile of The_Outlaw
Quote:
On 2010-01-28 14:11, mrunge wrote:
Sounds like you've got it figured out. I'd just move on and blow their mind with something else. It's all for fun anyway.

Mark.

Yeah you are right, it is fun!
But I think that I figured out how to repeat the same trick again with a different count. It should work if I can improve upon the patter and the misdirection.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Great...let us know how it works out for you.

Mark.
The_Outlaw
View Profile
New user
Texas
45 Posts

Profile of The_Outlaw
Okay, I think this is the solution;

1) Perform the trick -w- an original count of 9 clubs/1 spade/7 diamonds/8 hearts and a face down card count of 25.

2) Quickly reset the cards by re-shuffling each half followed -w- a false cut (remembering the new divider card whatever it may be), re-seperating the two halves and then re-shuffling to the 'other' side, and have a new set count of; 5 hearts/6 diamonds/12 spades/4 clubs and 27 face down cards.

The only problem now for me is memorizing the new count in my head while performing it live on the fly. (Unless maybe I have the second count as the written prediction on paper.) Hmmmmm, That just may work out good.

I don't think that the average person would ever even notice the card count / set-up if the trick is done twice. What say you?

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
It seems to me you could do the same effect with the "other half" with no extra setup, if you get my meaning. However, there is no way it will be as impressive as the first time in my opinion. I would recommend against it. YMMV
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The_Outlaw
View Profile
New user
Texas
45 Posts

Profile of The_Outlaw
Quote:
On 2010-01-29 14:53, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
It seems to me you could do the same effect with the "other half" with no extra setup, if you get my meaning. However, there is no way it will be as impressive as the first time in my opinion. I would recommend against it. YMMV

You are probably right about that.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Is 'jeopardy' the same, or similar, to shuffleboard? Excuse my ignorance.
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hey Cap,

Jeopardy is Paul Green's take on Shuffle-bored by Simon Aronson. It is very similar to Aldo Colombini's Pre-Deack-Ability, but with a totally different presentation. Both Paul's and Aldo's routine expand upon the original Shuffle-bored.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Look at Aronson's Point Spread in Simply Simon. It's a multi-phase routine that ends with shuffleboard. You will have proved to them three times that you can make the correct prediction, each one different.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Jeapordy (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL