The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultracinese (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
If someone else reviewed this, I apologize for the duplication. I have been playing with this thing since I got it last Friday and it is an oustanding effect, fun to do and fascinating to watch. Now, I admnit I haven't tried any of the effects except the nut and bolt as you've seen on the demo. It does exactly what you see there.

Okay, regarding the apparatus. It is easy to understand and easy to set up. I am the kind of guy that found FISM Flash too bothersomne to set up on myself, so it is really unusual for me to actually set up and intend to use an item like this. But, the effect is worth it. The set up is easy and, once done, you're good for the day if you wish.

There is a knack to the positioning and how you hold the bolt, but it comes very quickly. To be honest, the first time I tried it the nut just sat there. That was from a quick read of the printed instructions, but when I watched the DVD, the positioning was a little more clearly explained and, bingo, it worked perfectly.

The unit is absolutely quiet. I can't even hear it myself. This is one of those delights were real spectators will be way off base immediately on seeing it. I've done it half a dozen people now and every one of them immediately wanted to examine the nut and bolt and, of course, they are not gimmicked. The effect is so clean that, in laymen's minds, the nut and bolt are the only places where anything tricky could occur.

This is expensive at $250.00, but it's one of the few tricks where you will not be disappointed in what you get. I'm sure the other effects are cool (the deck coming out of the case, the coin, etc,) but frankly, I haven't tried them and doubt that I will. I am really happy with the basic effect.

On the practical side, the prop is well made. Uses a very common energy source and is small enough to be easily and conveniently hidden. Both hands are empty and have completely free movement during the trick.

This is one I think a lot of magicians will be doing. On a 1 to 10, I absolutely give this a 10.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 11:57, runawayjag wrote:

This is one I think a lot of magicians will be doing. On a 1 to 10, I absolutely give this a 10.

Thank you for a nice & to the point review. I have always found your reviews to be honest and helpful.

Ultracinese has got a thumping review, and that too from none other than a very respected & honored member Runawayjag. This should make the young creator very happy & proud of himself.

To Leonardo: Congratulations for creating a wonderful effect (your very first marketed effect) - It has proved to be an outright winner. Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
John, thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's wonderful to hear this is as good as the ad and demo.

If John Mendoza gives an effect a 10, you know you have a miracle for audiences!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Leonardo Milanesi
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Leonardo Milanesi
Hello!!

I am really really happy with this first review!!

Mr. John Mendoza (Runawayjag), thank You for your words about the effect, I honestly did not expect that someone already had the device, so I am surprised.

I am glad you was able to perform the nut and bolt effect so fast, if you need any tips please contact me: leonrdofm@hotmail.com or by PM.

Narendra, one more time thank You for your support and patience, if everybody in the forum was like you, the magic comunity would be more united.

Best Regards,

Leonardo.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Very promising. I wonder when this will be in stock for non pre-order? I had better start saving now. The nut and bolt and the spinning ring effect is priceless.
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Leonardo, your item is exceptional. I actually did it at a nearby local Ace Hardware Store here, taking a brass nut and bolt from their bin and doing it for the clerk (he knows I do magic as I buy parts there often.) All I could hear on the way out was, "Did you see what that guy just did???"

I noted on another thread that some said spectators would know it was electronic. On the occasions I've done it now that has never even entered anyone's mind. It really is a powerful mystery and they don't have a clue. Frankly, neither did I when I saw the demo.

Congratulations.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
How robust is the gimmick?

Is it built to last?
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
Cant wait to get my hands on this... SAVE SAVE SAVE. The ring application is killer and the nut and bolt is stunning.. thinking about a presentation for it though as it is a strange prop to carry in your pocket for professional strolling. Any ideas!?

The ring is a natural application though and I already have a ring I can use, but love the nut and bolt effect, so visual. Selling it as a natural item when you introduce the effect even though it is one is the hard part, as well as the reasoning behind the magic. Why.

Great invention! Well done Leonardo!
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
Quote : "I honestly did not expect that someone already had the device"

Wow, Leonardo, does that mean that we're going to be waiting forever for our pre-orders ???

Really, what is the hold-up ?
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
Leonardo Milanesi
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Leonardo Milanesi
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 14:30, PSYSHADOW wrote:
Quote : "I honestly did not expect that someone already had the device"

Wow, Leonardo, does that mean that we're going to be waiting forever for our pre-orders ???

Really, what is the hold-up ?

Hello PSYSHADOW, how are you?

Sorry, I think I didn't use the right words to express myself, when I said "I did not expected someone had the device", I was simply showing my surprise, because I had no idea that Murphy's was already shipping the units that I sent to them.

I am still working to send all the units of the first batch of Murphy's request, they still don't have all the units, and in some post that I left here in the forum, I mentioned that in my opinion they would wait until the entire first batch was delivered, so then they would be able to supply all the dealers, but It was my opinion.

I did not want to create a confuse message here, since I started the production of the units, it's been only work work work, but I am very glad (tired but glad).

I don't know how Murphy's is working to supply the dealers, I have no participation on this part of the process.

There is no mistery or lies here, just me, trying to do the best and faster work to avoid making people upset.

I have the material and tools I need to work, I am working with passion and caring about details.

I am not alone, I have people helping me in some steps of the manufacturing process and I am always improving something here and there, to speed the production, but I have my limits, some of them can and need to be crossed if I want to grow in this situation, but some obstacles will take some more time from me to overcome.

One more time, I was only trying to express my happiness because a great professional gave his valuable opinion.

About your concern PSYSHADOW, please don't worry, you will not have to wait forever for your purchase, I am working hard to guarantee that you will get it as soon as possible.

Thank You,

Leonardo.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Perhaps you can put up a webcam in your factory and we can all watch you "in progress" maybe this will make some happy that something is in fact happening. Like watching the kettle boil. Some people need to do that. Smile Smile

j
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
I saw the demo, and this effect looks good!
Thanks for the review! Smile
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
In response to the inquiry about whether or not the unit is "robust." There doesn't seem to be any fragility to the device, so I imagine it will last forever, as long as it is not abused. I mean, if you drop it hard on a solid surface, it might have problems or if you yank hard on any wires, it would probably stop working, but with normal use and care, I would think it would last longer than the performer.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On 2010-02-14 13:48, runawayjag wrote:
I noted on another thread that some said spectators would know it was electronic. On the occasions I've done it now that has never even entered anyone's mind. It really is a powerful mystery and they don't have a clue. Frankly, neither did I when I saw the demo.

Congratulations.

absolutely right!
they might get the clue if some magicians mention "electronics" more and more in open forums.
even most magcians do still not know how this works.

this one really created a big buzz.
cause of this fact (& I say this again and again) we should guard that (great) sensitive secret.
we should guard every secret but that one is very sensitive
in my opinion.

thanks for the review & have fun with it! Smile

I can't wait to receive mine.
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your posting.

I fully understand, as I'm sure you understand my perception of the words you expressed.

You must be very proud, and rightly so, of your achievement !

Let's hope MJM Magic get their supply soon (that's where I pre-ordered).

I've got a funny feeling though, that you've been caught with your pants down by the way your project has taken off !

Good luck mate !

BOBBY.
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Runaway for great review.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I'm very happy here to see positive reactions about leonardo work and I agree with him
about Ustaad consideration ,he is a very intelligent person and we all have to learn something by him.
congratulations with respect
mark
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
Looks really good
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
186 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Runawayjag ... does it use a t... s.....ch to be activated ? (if it need to be activated, of course Smile )
Paul Gross
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Paul Gross
Hello Jack,

The answer to your question is yes.

Best regards,
Paul Gross
Owner
Hocus Pocus
Best Regards,

Paul Gross

Owner

http://www.hocus-pocus.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultracinese (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL