The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mastermind by Chris Kenworthy (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Im sure one of the great thinkers on here will come up with a routine using these cards and totally floor me. I had one well known Mentalist fry me with a stripper deck a while back.

Im working on coming up with a good routine using these cards that is "out of the box".
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
These decks have more versatility than a Swiss Army knife.

Perform a poker demonstration with a game of Low Ball - The hand with the 2D will always win! ;-)
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Mark Jarvis
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Mark Jarvis
LOVE this deck. It speaks for itself!
Mark Jarvis
The Magic Of Magic
Solon, Ohio
The Magic Is In Your Hands
http://www.themagicofmagic.com
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Has anyone used Mastermind for the third phase of Osterlind's "Artificial Intelligence"? It would seem to be a natural fit.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Anything new on this?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I had not heard of this before.

All this true?

1. No forcing procedure of any kind is ever employed! This includes psychological, mathematical, spelling, timing or classic. Just fair, free, and clean.
2. No roughed cards.
3. No duplicate cards relied on.
4. No stacked arrangements.
5. No Himber Wallets or switching of envelopes or cards ever!
6. The prediction card is actually in the envelope for the entire week. It is the same card removed from the envelope by the mayor!
7. Even if the prediction is tampered with, the outcome of the trick will remain unaltered. (This is a first in prediction effects!)
8. Can be done as a test in telepathy between two cities over the telephone.
9. Absolutely no sleight of hand required!
10. No long or short cards employed.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-08-28 11:51, Zombie Magic wrote:
I had not heard of this before.

All this true?

1. No forcing procedure of any kind is ever employed! This includes psychological, mathematical, spelling, timing or classic. Just fair, free, and clean.
2. No roughed cards.
3. No duplicate cards relied on.
4. No stacked arrangements.
5. No Himber Wallets or switching of envelopes or cards ever!
6. The prediction card is actually in the envelope for the entire week. It is the same card removed from the envelope by the mayor!
7. Even if the prediction is tampered with, the outcome of the trick will remain unaltered. (This is a first in prediction effects!)
8. Can be done as a test in telepathy between two cities over the telephone.
9. Absolutely no sleight of hand required!
10. No long or short cards employed.

All true but I weould somewhat disagree with # 3
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Saysold1, of course, #3 couldn't be correct. I guess that's from the audience perspective.

Thanks for your valuable input!
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
If you let the creative juices flow, this deck opens a lot of doors.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This is on my radar again.

"Chris Kenworthey's Mastermind (Any Card at Any Number) has been featured by Kreskin on both "The David Letterman Show" and "Live with Regis and Kathy Lee." Many top performers such as Wayne Houchin, Kreskin, etc. have stunned audiences using this powerful weapon in their daily work".

Seeing Mark Balay demo it, it looks fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gUIHBIb8YE
Mark Jarvis
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of Mark Jarvis
Zombie,

Thanks for posting the Demo. I am a big fan of The Mastermind Deck. It is more than just a one trick pony. Great routine by Mark Balay.

Good magic for sure.

Mark
Mark Jarvis
The Magic Of Magic
Solon, Ohio
The Magic Is In Your Hands
http://www.themagicofmagic.com
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 01:00, Zombie Magic wrote:
This is on my radar again.

"Chris Kenworthey's Mastermind (Any Card at Any Number) has been featured by Kreskin on both "The David Letterman Show" and "Live with Regis and Kathy Lee." Many top performers such as Wayne Houchin, Kreskin, etc. have stunned audiences using this powerful weapon in their daily work".

Seeing Mark Balay demo it, it looks fantastic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gUIHBIb8YE

Then you shouldn't miss this one too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F__Z_zud9CA

Or if this does not work (or for more information):
http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/cardmaker-deck-1.html
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
CardMaker, the youtube clip worked and looked great, ( love Take Five playing ) but it calls the deck something else, not Mastermind.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
@Zombie Magic
It is called Monte Cristo Deck because that's what is originated from (see me website).
It is the same gaff as the Mastermind Deck + CardMaker's extras ;-)
And that was me performing ... the trick, not the fine music.

@all
2,000 were made - less than 15 are still for sale. Then these are gone forever.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 05:56, CardMaker wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 05:50, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Combine two Mastermind Decks to make one deck. This way you can use two spectators and have two different results.

You can even combine a Mastermind or Monte Cristo Deck(!) with a regular deck. Then you can show the cards before and after the selection!

What a nice idea! Lots of interesting possibilities.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Just as follow-up for anyone not aware of this, there's a lot of discussion about Wayne Houchin's effect "Houdini's Influence" on previous pages of this thread. This routine is based on the MM/MC deck. It is available on his website now, whereas you used to only be able to get it at his lectures.
ahofer
View Profile
New user
Ossining, New York
92 Posts

Profile of ahofer
After purchasing I don't know how many gaffed decks and cards over decades, as well as numerous implementations of ACAAN, I was floored with how simple, deceptive and powerful Mastermind is. It looks SO clean, and being slight-free, there's really just nowhere for the spectator's mind to go with this one, presented correctly. I have just realized that several versions of the deck are available, with different outcomes, and I will probably purchase one of each to allow deck switches for multiple presentations without the same card prediction. I just wish I could get a discount for having already purchased the secret once Smile.

Thanks to videoman for the info above about Houchin's "Influence", which I just purchased from his web site as well. A different presentation, and no deck of cards required? Interesting. While I can figure out what he's doing, based on knowledge of Mastermind, I figured I'd show support and actually purchase the product rather than producing my own photos. Foe anyone interested, there's a Youtube video of Wayne performing Influence on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZHiZDj66Xc
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
As far as "Houdini's Influence", I am a little bit conflicted on this one. It is natural to fan the cards out on the table overlapping. It does not seem so natural to be covering up a majority of the pictures of cards.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
How does the Mastermind deck compare with Brent Braun's Position Impossible?
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
What's the best source for getting the Mastermind decks right now?

I see that they are available from Penguin Magic for around $30, but I've seen some negative press on the card quality of their decks, and that they don't spread evenly and clump quickly (which makes them rather useless). Does anyone have experience with a Mastermind deck from Penguin, and whether this was an issue?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Mastermind by Chris Kenworthy (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL