The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » TV Shows/Movies with a Magic Theme (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15456 Posts

Profile of tommy
Any one seen the new Alice in Wonderland yet?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Hey, lets not forget the "Rocky & Bullwinkle Show": "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!" "Oops..wrong hat"!
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I seem to recall a Knight Rider episode in which Lance Burton played a villian magician.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
AsL
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of AsL
I believe quite a while ago there was an extensive list made in this section of the exact thing you're looking for that would help you out a little more. I can't seem to find it right now......possibly somebody else could take a peak?

All the Best,
Andrew
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2196 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I did a search before I posted a new subject and couldn't find it either.

Thank you for all of those who responded!
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
The Wizard of Oz
Jumanju (spelling, -1)
I'm as real as you think I am
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium
Twitches
Teen Witch
Nanny McPhee
"A friend is a present you give yourself"
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3501 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Mary Poppins.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2010-03-09 13:07, MagiClyde wrote:
I seem to recall a Knight Rider episode in which Lance Burton played a villian magician.

"McMillian and Wife" had one about a magician who was trying to prove his rival had killed his own wife, who happened to be a woman the magician was in love with.

"Rocky and Bullwinkle" also had a "Mr. Know It All" sequence about doing magic. I don't remember a lot of it, but Bullwinkle did try to pull a rabbit from a hat to which Rocky responded; "This sounds familiar." The last stunt was going to be the Sword Basket using a huge box and a cow. They put the cow in the box, stab the box with swords from all directions and Bullwinkle opens the box so that only he can look into it, his response; "Holy Cow!"
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
346 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Regarding the film "Two on a Guillotine" with Cesar Romero, Dean Jones, Connie Stevens - someone posted the pressbook for the movie onto the Net:

http://www.zomboscloset.com/zombos_close......t-1.html

There are some pages referring to potential tie-ins with local IBM chapters and suggestions for magical promotions (pg 8/9/10). There's quite a list of IBM chapters 1 to 175 there.

There's also a part 2 of the pressbook:

http://www.zomboscloset.com/zombos_close......t-2.html

but nothing magic-related there.

Nothing earthshaking here, but if you like old movies, as I do, it's fun to look at.

Larry S.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No one has mentioned the grandaddy of all the TV magic shows- Mark Wilson's The Magic Land of Alakazam.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6046 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
The Geisha Boy with Jerry Lewis
Tony Curtis as "Houdini"
The Sorcerer's Apprentice with Nicolas Cage
The Best 10 Movies About Magic of All Time

I saw most of these listed on this thread.
Dennis Michael
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2649 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
'Get To Know Your Rabbit' with Tommy Smothers.

There was one with Red Skeleton as half of a musical team who didn't even like working with the other half, he just wanted to be a magician. But he wasn't very good.
"He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad." - Rafael Sabatini, Scaramouche
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1933 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
How about ABC's Once Upon a Time. "Magic comes with a price."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11132 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Sid Caesar was Lou Bundles (Mr. Magic) on an episode of "Amazing Stories". Aging magician finds a magic pack of cards.

Kirstie Alley was Angelica, a magician on an episode of "The Hitchhiker" called "Out of the Night". She does one of the best productions of a lit cigarette that I've ever seen.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Practical Magic
The Brass Bottle
Bell, Book and Candle
The Magic Sword
The Skull
The Devil's Hand
Demonoid
Manos: Hands of Fate
The Haunted Palace
7th Voyage of Sinbad
Golden Voyage of Sinbad
The Sword & the Stone
Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Escape (TV movie/unsold series pilot with Christopher George as an escapologist)
Fantasy Island (later seasons)
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3031 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Ray Walston does magic in Dam* Yankees

"The Magic Shop" Alfred Hitchcock Presents
"Mail Order Prophet" Alfred Hitchcock Presents

"The Magician" Ingmar Bergman

"Atlantis the Lost Continent" George Pal movie has a lot of magic made up to look like science and technology.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 20:37, Pop Haydn wrote:

"Atlantis the Lost Continent" George Pal movie has a lot of magic made up to look like science and technology.

On that note we could also include "My Favorite Martian."

In "The Munsters," Grampa was always tinkering with magick.

In "The Time Travellers," both the Sphinx illusion and "Squaring the Circle" are used as representations of futuristic technology.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11132 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
On an episode of "Leave it to Beaver", one of the boys is home sick and playing with a magic set.

One episode of "Gilligan's island" called "It's Magic". The castaways find a chest of magic tricks and put on a show.

"The Beverly Hillbillies" had an episode called, "That Old Black Magic", but this was more related to hexes and spells.

There was an episode of Matlock called, "The Magician"... magician is the criminal and gets caught by Matlock. I think it was filmed at The Magic Castle. Change Bag gets exposed.

Steve Valentine plays another criminal magician, getting caught by "Monk".

Criss Angel played yet another criminal magician on an episode of CSI-NY.

A couple of recent reality shows have featured magic props being pawned or found in auctioned storage lockers. Lance Burton was the focus of one when he had a broken outdoor light restored by that antique restoration guy.

There have also been a few documentary films or filmed segments on magicians... Jasper Maskelyne, the war magician, and "The Magical Life of Long Tack Sam" come to mind.

Except for Bob's notation, we also seem to have overlooked the numerous magic shows produced for TV, from Don Alan's Magic Ranch to Henning's specials, to the "World's Greatest Magic" annual shows. These types of shows probably number in the dozens.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7307 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Three movies with a magician character, coming out in 2013: "Oz the Great and Powerful", "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone", and "Now You See Me". Have you seen the trailers?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » TV Shows/Movies with a Magic Theme (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL