The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Perfect Power 3 - by Johnny Wong (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
New effect by Johnny Wong called Perfect Power 3..

Got it last week...how to describe??...much like super triple...only one of the the other 2 coins fits inside a top [ rather than sliding off like the super triple...perfect power 3 is a much thinner gaff when compared to super triple...pretty nice work...

Got it from Joe Mogar...doesnt seem like anyone else has it yet...
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I started another thread on Johhny Wong coin sets. Trinity, Dream Coin Set, and Triple Coin Set. Now there is another? Is each supposed to be an evolution of the previous or are these stand alone sets, i.e. created for different purposes?
Kelvin
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
It would appear this is more evolutionary...I quite honestly havent looked at the DVD that comes with it yet to see what routines he suggests but being that it is 3 coins, nested to make a thinner coin its a tad different and maybe a slight improvement on the Super Triple.

Once I get a chance to look at the DVD I will report back...probably later on tonight...

Posted: Mar 7, 2010 8:58am
Hmmm..in playing with it further it really is quite ingenious the way he uses differences in polarity to make the gaff work easier...I like it more and more...the DVD is typical Johnny Wong instruction...overall real nice..
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
Sacramento / San Francisco
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Finally a demo with it

http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com/vide......DEO1.wmv

I'm curious if the 3 fly would be easier with this or super triple??
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 20:33, mrdane wrote:
Finally a demo with it

http://www.murphysmagicsupplies.com/vide......DEO1.wmv

I'm curious if the 3 fly would be easier with this or super triple??

Perfect Power in my opinion...
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
NYVettGuy,

I have the Super Triple Coin. Do you think Perfect Power Three is better? Could
you tell me the difference? You could pm me if you want.

Thanks.

Paul
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Bought this from Johnny at the Blackpool convention ....SUPERB!!!
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
Just put in my order and can't wait to receive it!
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:
On 2010-03-07 08:58, NYVetteGuy wrote:
Hmmm..in playing with it further it really is quite ingenious the way he uses differences in polarity to make the gaff work easier...I like it more and more....the DVD is typical Johnny Wong instruction...overall real nice..

Are the coins half Kennedy or Walking Liberty?
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
The Set is Kennedy halves.

Posted: Mar 25, 2010 9:46pm
Just got it! and now I'm officially addicted to gaff coins. I haven't watched the DVD yet but am having so much fun playing with it.

Thanks to everyone who helped me make this wise decision!

-Dane
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 21:21, paul007007 wrote:
NYVettGuy,

I have the Super Triple Coin. Do you think Perfect Power Three is better? Could
you tell me the difference? You could pm me if you want.

Thanks.

Paul

I think PP3 is better, don't know if others have both and can chime in...will PM you as well...
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
I am also one of those who owns the Super Triple Coin and I am very sitisfied with it. But now I am also wondering what the difference is. I also own the Dream Coin Set. Is this something inbetween? Is it worth to change from Super Triple to PP3?

Would appreciate a pm.

Thanks
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
Okami and Paul...PM's sent...
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I still don't know how this is different than super triple coins. Did Johhny see a flaw in STC that he fixed with Perfect Power 3? A tweak in the design? For those that have STC is it worth it to buy PP3?
Kelvin
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
Quote:
On 2010-03-29 21:12, kcquinn50 wrote:
I still don't know how this is different than super triple coins. Did Johhny see a flaw in STC that he fixed with Perfect Power 3? A tweak in the design? For those that have STC is it worth it to buy PP3?

I have STC and bought PP3...I like the way PP3 works better than I like STC...it incorporates a [ to house one of the coins...
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
VetteGuy,
Thanks. Then could it be used as STC also, when used without the ]?
If so this makes it very interersting.
Kelvin
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
No, without the ] its just 2 coins if that makes sense.
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
It looks great! I'll be sure to pick one up myself
mrdane
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of mrdane
I seriously like this a lot. I can't seem to put it down. Johnny does go over some cheap alternatives to replace part of the gimmick but I have ordered some mouse tape, http://www.mousetape.com, to replace this overused part. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Also, I have come up with a handling of three fly for this gimmick, so PM me for details

-Dane

Posted: Apr 6, 2010 5:25pm
Hey everyone

Just applied a strip of mouse tape to my Perfect Power 3 coin set and it works great! Just a few minutes, a bit of patience, and my trusty exacto knife. Personally I like the way it operates with the mouse tape better than with the original teflon that came with it.

Posted: Apr 7, 2010 4:27am
Needs a bit more work but here's my primary routine with the PP3 set. I've performed it once and the audience was quite amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBCNn_h6sc

I definitely need to slow down a bit on some parts, thinking about switching out certain movements and displays. Please lend me any constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
-Dane
NYVetteGuy
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of NYVetteGuy
Quote:
On 2010-04-06 17:25, mrdane wrote:
Hey everyone

Just applied a strip of mouse tape to my Perfect Power 3 coin set and it works great! Just a few minutes, a bit of patience, and my trusty exacto knife. Personally I like the way it operates with the mouse tape better than with the original teflon that came with it.

Did you remove the teflon or did you put the mouse tape on top?

Quote:
On 2010-04-07 04:27, mrdane wrote:
Needs a bit more work but here's my primary routine with the PP3 set. I've performed it once and the audience was quite amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBCNn_h6sc

I definitely need to slow down a bit on some parts, thinking about switching out certain movements and displays. Please lend me any constructive feedback.

Thanks guys!
-Dane

Looks Great Dane!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Perfect Power 3 - by Johnny Wong (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL