The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Magicians Dream + Bonus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
Where to begin?, the plot of ACAAN has recieved some very good attention over the last few years. This (latest) offering from Tommy has 5/6 approaches to the plot. The methods employed vary from handling to handling but most are well within the reach of a competent performer. And a performer indeed is needed to pull off any version of this now classic effect. I have the impression that some feel that some effects are supposed to stand on their own, hence the never-ending search for the Holy Grail type approach.

As a side note, it has been said many time before that the Grail method that Mr Berglass has used to fool so many was in his book....anyone who has read this chapter in the book will no doubt be disappointed to find that the methods touted require you to "do something" and that David is as human in his approach to magic as the rest of us.

Tommy has approached this plot from several different angles, this wide varity gives the reader much to think about both in the approach that has been taken and how different presentations can be applied.

Don't expect to find anything really new within this book, the methods and approaches have been touched upon by the likes of Marlo, James, Nu and many others, in short, these are classic thoughts applied in a personal manner.(as any work is)

Like many here, I have been following the posts regarding Tommy's work with interest, and I feel that some of the reviews may have been a touch unfair, like my mentors in magic I was encouraged many years ago to try everything with cards in hand....which I continue to do to this day.

One more thing, I do feel that some confuse the method with the presentation forgetting that we are supposed to produce a reality that the audience can remember, we are not in the business of fooling ourself...are we?

OK, part review, part rant

David. Smile
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
monello74
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of monello74
David,

thank you very much for your comment.

Bye,
Tommy.
It's a Miracle...

For ACAAN/OP effects:
(Mental Magic)
https://www.lybrary.com/tommaso-guglielmi-m-52570.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Magicians Dream + Bonus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL