The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ellen's Show Becomes a Magic Battle Ground (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I thought that Galea was very entertaining. It's not about the quality of the card handling; I think too many here get hung up on that. It's about his patter and manner of delivery. I've seen others do that routine but with no life at all in the delivery. Galea was animated, spoke very fast but clearly, inflections up and down quite a bit. Basically he delivered the patter as it is supposed to be delivered.

Not to say he's a great magician - without seeing anything else he does I can't say anything about his abilities otherwise - but for that particular bit he did very well IMO.

Jim
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I believe Farguahar and Galea both did an excellent job and I found their material entertaining. Shawn chose a perfect effect to open with that would help a close up artist relax on national t.v and on stage. Shawn has the chops to full the H E Double Hockey Stix out of anyone..He also has the brains to pick the best material in the right situation. Galea did a fantastic job as well. Thank God! He had the guts to give his own twist on a great card trick. I really enjoyed it.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I didn't see Shawn's performance. Was that on the same site? If so I missed it.

Thanks!

Jim
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
Hi J-Mac,
Shawns performance was not on that site but, it was on Ellens show a few months ago. I am sure if you can catch it on Youtube.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Thanks Danny! I'll find it and take a look.

Jim
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Now THIS explains what Galea was doing on Ellen:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118017......=14&cs=1
Something to push through the system.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ellen's Show Becomes a Magic Battle Ground (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL