The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfectly Clear Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
I have now finished work on what I expect to be the final prototype of the "Perfectly Clear Prediction" and have given it to my master craftsman to reproduce one final box before I take it into full production.

Inspired by the Zimmerman Master Prediction System and the Wellington Clear-Vue Master Prediction, I believe the Perfectly Clear Prediction is a a move forward in the quest for the ultimate on view prediction box.

Like the Clear-Vue the PCP allows the spectator to see what is inside the box throughout the performance but has some unique features that make it a valid addition to the market.

The main differences are:

The box is clear on five sides.

The box is a stand alone item- no need for a table to be brought on mid performance.

The box has an open load- no need for assistants or any off-stage work.

The lid opens backwards meaning the prediction REMAINS IN FULL VIEW as it is removed from the box.

The SPECTATOR can reach in and remove the prediction themselves.

The prediction can be inside an envelope or on a business card etc- no strange plastic capsule.

The design and build of the box has taken the best part of three years and has been the final examination piece of my BA degree in Special Effects (along with a Tommy Wonder alarm clock nest of boxes).

The first box will be back from the manufacturers (a very well respected special effects engineer) by early May and I will then be able to take the product to market.

I expect this to be a VERY limited edition and don't envisage having anymore than ten made per year at most.

This will be my first trip into the magic market and I am determined that I build a fantastic reputation for products of the very highest quality. This is not a cheap plastic item. They are hand crafted and take many many hours to make.

I hope you like it.

Regards,
Matthew Wright
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Sounds very good, and a rough estimate on price? Very tempted by one of these
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I would love to see a demo of this. I'm not a mentalist, but this does sound pretty cool.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Matthew,

This sounds really interesting. The other boxes you mentioned are rather big - they are illusion sized by the time you take the table into consideration. This sounds like it would be much more practical for a one man stand-up act to carry about. I'd be interest to know roughly how big the box is and how large an object you can load into it.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

It won't be cheap I'm afraid- but it will be competitive!!!

The Master Prediction is $2995 or around £2000

The Clear-Vue is $3795 or around £2500

The Perfectly Clear Prediction will be around the £1600 mark.

While I know this is a lot of money I think it is good value- the bolts alone cost around £70 per box!!

Twistedace- you don't need to be a mentalist. This could be the most expensive signed card to impossible location you have ever seen!

I will be preparing our new show at the House Of Illusion in Spain for the next month so will not get a chance to film any kind of performance until then but rest assured- the box will be playing an important role in the show so I will film it asap.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Caliban- the points you bring up are some of the very reasons I designed the box. I do not have the box with me right now but I know the internal dimensions of the box are 200mm. I would say the outer dimensions are less then 300mm square.

As for size of prediction- it will only hold up to the size of a small manilla envelope (the ones that a playing card will fit in). It will hold a playing card, a business card or anything else you can fit in the envlope.

The envelope doesn't have to be used.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Looks lovely.. but it'd be great if it can be.. a little larger. My age won't allow me to see things like I used to.
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

I know. Unfortunately that is the biggest size the Café will allow. :-(
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Please, maybe put the bigger picture on tinypic.com?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 13:06, matthew wright wrote:

Like the Clear-Vue the PCP allows the spectator to see what is inside the box throughout the performance but has some unique features that make it a valid addition to the market.

I hope you like it.

Regards,
Matthew Wright

I must admit... the PCP does intrigue me...
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Just to let you know that I have moved on a little with the PCP project. I have found a top magic manufacturer who has taken my year long honed working prototype (that was used in my FISM competition act this weekednd) and has added some genius little touches- along with perhaps bringing the price down a little too!
I anticipate that it will be ready to go by the end of March or April at the latest and the price will be more like £1200 rather than the £1600 I first thought- please don't hold me to that though!
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

The pic above was an earlier photograph of prototype no2. Number three has been in use for the past 8 months twice nightly in my show. Prototype 4 (the final design) will be coming soon- pics to follow.

These will be custom made to order and will come probably come with three price options depending upon your choice of materials. (choices such as aluminium or steel- perspex or bullet proof glass etc)
matt-g
View Profile
New user
Essex. England
79 Posts

Profile of matt-g
This has certainly got my attention. Look forward to it's release
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

I am expecting my first final box to be ready in the next couple of weeks. Just to give everyone an idea of the kind of quality I am looking for- the box is being made by Xavier Belmont. For those who don't recognise the name please do a search on the Café. Xavier is one of the most respected gaff makers in the world and I am absolutely thrilled that he has agreed to team up with me on this project.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Hello All,

I've seen Matt hone and perform this live many many times - and I can safely vouch for its brilliance, its design and ability to bamboozle. And I'm sure the manufactured version will be even better than the original.

I am confident this is the prediction box you are looking for.

Regards,
Matt Colman
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

This is getting very close to market now.

http://vimeo.com/31525041
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Anyone who is going to Blackpool will be able to get a look at the PCP and I will have just three for sale on special 40% discount rate to get some other peoples feedback before full release at FISM.
Mark Southworth
View Profile
Veteran user
u.k
353 Posts

Profile of Mark Southworth
Wow that's great, love the concept & I'm sure they won't be around for long Smile

How long before the next batch Matt or will this still be a limited run due to the work involved ?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfectly Clear Prediction (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL