The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best pouch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
I'm working on a strolling act with a Medieval feel for festivals. I want a good versatile pouch, any suggestions? Also is there anywhere I can buy one in the UK?
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
--Albert Einstein
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The School for Scoundrels has a nice pouch for $295. http://www.schoolforscoundrels.com

Gazzo and Gary Animal are offering hand-sewn pouches on their website http://www.magicpitch.com
JesseMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Oxnard, CA
124 Posts

Profile of JesseMagic
I like the Goshman Pouch...6.00 at MagicSmith.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I don’t know about the Goshman Pouch at Magic Smith. I could not find one listed by that name (searched for Goshman, Pouch, and Goshman Pouch and came up with nothing). They did have a close-up pouch ($13.00) that is nothing that I would use at a Renaissance Fair (or that I would use at all really).

For the classical Gibeciere look, you could check out the links that Whit gives above. They are built to hold a big final load for a cups and balls routine (Gazzo’s Mellon final load routine specifically). They are basically a large single pouch/bag hanging from a belt. I find them to limiting for my uses (carry my Renaissance act).

In my opinion the least inexpensive, leather, best general purpose Giberciere available is from Hank Lee’s at only $150.00. Read the description. The leather is glove soft and it has several nice features (nice for me as I use them) that are not found on other leather Giberciere’s. It will NOT carry a Mellon for a final load. You can organize most, if not all of your act in the bag. In may case, my act, ropes, Hanks, dagger, final loads, etc. are carred in the Giberciere. I carry my cups in a fanny pack.

Check out: http://hanklee.org/xcart/customer/produc......p;page=1

Now for a simple, inexpensive, elegant, but very functional, heavy cloth, version of the Giberciere check out:

http://www.tmyers.com/magic/magicindex.html

This Giberciere has fewer features than the Hank Lee version but is very serviceable for most street, Renaissance Fair work. And the best part is that it only costs $65.00.

So there are a couple other resources for you to check out.

Hope this helps a little.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
jasper
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of jasper
Thanks for all your responses. Very useful!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
--Albert Einstein
ClodAppleleft
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, NH
195 Posts

Profile of ClodAppleleft
What I did was I went to my local hardware store and got one of the cloth 10 pocket pouches, and died it black. Total cost $7. ($4 for the pouch and $3 for the die) I can hold my wand, lighter, TT, sponge balls, watch, cards, mentalism pad, and more in it. Haven't had any problems yet...
There are many different ways to cut an apple.
RiserMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of RiserMagic
FYI - I'll be introducing a new leather Giberciere on my web site most likely in September (along with several other leather items). A pouch is a rather personal decision and we all have different ideas of what a Giberciere should be. Please feel free to check out my concept in September.
Jim
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
The School for Scoundrels will be selling the last of our leather Gazzo Street Pouches at $150. That is half of the normal price, and a real bargain.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
How about the Kangaroo pouch? I've seen it but can't find it anywhere.

John
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
I have the kangaroo pouch, it's OK, you can find them at Danny Archer's website.
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When I did the Merlin act, I had one of the leather workers construct a set of pouches for me. I did not use a single pouch like the one Gazzo uses. Nor did I use a double pouch, such as the one that Johnny Fox and Bob Sheets use. Mine was a pair of pouches that hung fairly low, so that the hands could drop very naturally into them and reach all the way to the bottom, an approach somewhat like an old west gunslinger, in a way.

Each pouch had a pair of loops on it, so that the could be removed from the Merlin belt (they hung from slots in the belt) and placed on a belt I would use for some other character. In addition to that, since children often like to put their hands where they don't belong, I had snap on pouch covers, which were held down by leather thongs. This way, when I was walking about the Faire site, I did not have to worry about the kiddos picking my pockets.

There was an auxiliary pocket inside the pouch on the right.

When I performed as Hocus Pocus, I made another set like these that were more in keeping with the character.

If you don't have a leather worker friend, you can get the leather for it and take it to a shoe repairman to have it sewn together. The correct dimensions for a single pouch are found in Hocus Pocus Jr., Juegos de Mano, and Natuerliches Zauberbuch.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Harry, great call, I bought the Giberciere from Hank Lee, and have been practicing with it and used it twice for street work and I LOVE IT!!!

Great pouch! Smile
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Hi,

Stevens Magic has the Buma Kangaroo Pouch (reference the link below). I have used this, and found it quite helpful.

Bob Phillips

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2931
Yfirum
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Yfirum
Cellinis pouch is said to be great:
http://www.zauberladen.com/shop/product_......s_id=762
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Best pouch? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL