The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pro-Flight Nicholas Einhorn / Bob Swaddling- review (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I think walmart carries some key savers, not with any designs or pictures, in fact about half the amount of rubber you see in the thinkgeek site.

but walking around and them making noise, another member recommended getting a magnet on a playing card. that is a great idea, just make sure your keys are steel and you're gtg!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Would like to know how that turns out myself, I would think it would make doing the dirty work harder having the clip stuck to a magnet.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
You can get a magnet that isn't that strong, but will aid in stopping the keys from jingling so much.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of 2010multimagic
Yeah I definatly noticed this !!...

If you perform this in a bar/club or poss on street ..no one will ever notice !!...

BUT.. if you are a resturaunt performer this could be a problem!..the noise kinda "distracts" the spectator form the effect..alot of patter and mis direction is needed to hide the key's talkin too much!..

overall it's really not a majour issue...at the end of the day , key's on a key ring/fob will " talk"..it would probably be more wierd if they made noise at all!!..

just a thought !!...

I still love this effect and has yet not let me down!!...
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Quote:
On 2010-04-11 15:19, lunatik wrote:
What's everyone's opinions about having Greg Wilson's FreaKey and Andrew Gerard's Key Accessory all on Pro-Flight's key ring? I'm not saying that you have to perform all 3, but maybe 2 of them? that's quite a few routines just on keychain!

I think its a great idea, one could go from Ring on String, to imposable location (Pro-Flight) then Freakey. Could make a nice little routine..

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Quote:
On 2010-04-04 01:28, motown wrote:
How does this compare with Viking's Morelli Ring?

It's much better. I initially thought this was the same thing as the Morelli Ring Flight and although similar in principle the workings are quite different and better IMHO + the spectator can handle the gimmick, all that and not forgetting you get an excellent Ring On String routine too. Nice one Nick!

Adam
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Thanks Adam
I have been delighted by the wonderful comments by those kind people both on and off this forum. It is strange because I have been using this for years and it is quite a pet routine - so to make it public was a big thing for me. I am glad that people can see the differences between this and other similar effects available. I still think one of the underrated highlights of Pro-Flite is being able to safely carry your keys in everyday use.

The noise is a non-issue - No one has ever asked about it and it has never been a distraction for me - use it for a few weeks and the noise will become as invisible for you as it is for the spectators - It is such a common sound that no - one will question what the noise is.

I can tell you that World Magic Shop and Craig Petty's Key Master fits Pro-Flite perfectly and DOES make a great combination. I am sure the other effects mentioned do too but I only own KeyMaster. It is worth checking out.

Nick
presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Quote:
Hi, hope your well do you have the keys in the inside pocket on on the out side ? mike
On 2010-04-10 19:22, aceofharts wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-08 16:28, presto77 wrote:
Hi,I put pro flight in today yes a big hit , I did take a Break and sat down not good as it came out of my back pocket I could have lost it so when you take a Break (TAKE IT OUT OF YOUR BACK POCKET BEWARE )any new moves that are not on DVD
???
mike

Mike
I have performed it a few times from inside my jacket pocket, got the same reaction as going to my back pocket. Also from my front trouser pocket as well and same reaction.

Seems to make more since to me because I never put my keys in my back pocket so maybe my movements are like how I would normally pull out my keys. I don't know it just seems to be much smoother for me.

Give it a try once, would like to hear how this works out for others.

Floyd
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I'm very pleased with Pro Flight. In fact, I liked it so much that I ordered a spare. For those that are curious...you can (easily) remove 'Keymaster' from the unit without having to remove the leather Fob because the key holes are wide enough to slip through the locking mechanism, but it is not possible to do the same with Greg Wilson's 'Freakey'. I devised an alternate handling for Freakey but you'll need a duplicate set of keys....simply pretend to remove them (your hands will be concealing the set already on the ring), since nobody is paying any attention while you're removing the two keys.

Somebody had mentioned the comparison between Pro Flight and the Morelli Ring version... IMO the Morelli gimmick is better suited for those who prefer to remove their keys from a jacket pocket because the gimmick hangs nicely in-place to the inside pocket. Pro Flight seems to be easier to load when wearing jeans or pants with 'tighter' pockets.

-Jared
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
"Somebody had mentioned the comparison between Pro Flight and the Morelli Ring version... IMO the Morelli gimmick is better suited for those who prefer to remove their keys from a jacket pocket because the gimmick hangs nicely in-place to the inside pocket. Pro Flight seems to be easier to load when wearing jeans or pants with 'tighter' pockets."

Jared,
If you change the keyfob out for a slightly wider and longer one Pro-Flight hangs just as nice to the inside pocket. If you can find a fob with a small chain and round heavy medal disk on the end it works a treat. I found a nice one at an air port gift shop during a layover that I put on mine. Just a quick FYI on that.

For those going to the inside pocket instead of the back. Make sure to work on your timing. It should be one flowing motion, going into the pocket and come right back out!. So far I have done it this way over 20 times and seems to be getting better as I do it.

Floyd

presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Quote:
Floyed that's cool you are right on jeans it hangs better A bigger fob is the way to go .....mike
On 2010-04-13 06:28, aceofharts wrote:
"Somebody had mentioned the comparison between Pro Flight and the Morelli Ring version... IMO the Morelli gimmick is better suited for those who prefer to remove their keys from a jacket pocket because the gimmick hangs nicely in-place to the inside pocket. Pro Flight seems to be easier to load when wearing jeans or pants with 'tighter' pockets."

Jared,
If you change the keyfob out for a slightly wider and longer one Pro-Flight hangs just as nice to the inside pocket. If you can find a fob with a small chain and round heavy medal disk on the end it works a treat. I found a nice one at an air port gift shop during a layover that I put on mine. Just a quick FYI on that.

For those going to the inside pocket instead of the back. Make sure to work on your timing. It should be one flowing motion, going into the pocket and come right back out!. So far I have done it this way over 20 times and seems to be getting better as I do it.

Floyd
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of 2010multimagic
....just a quick one on the "talking" key's!!!!!?????

...would it not more "wierd" if the key's did nt make a noise at all???...

..key's "talk"..thats wat they do on a keyring/fob!!..

..try to get outta ya magic mind and into lay persons !..they wont even notice the keys clinking..after a while nor will you !!...

just enjoy performing this fantastic effect...never let's me down !!
presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Quote:
Yes you right there Keys Talk
On 2010-04-14 09:49, 2010multimagic wrote:

..try to get outta ya magic mind and into lay persons !..they wont even notice the keys clinking..after a while nor will you !!...

Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Quote:
On 2010-04-14 09:49, 2010multimagic wrote:

Keys do talk, but here in the states not many people carry their keys on the outside of their pocket. Inside the pocket the noise is not as pronounced. Also hearing the keys before bringing them out and into the open is a tell that you are doing something.

In a room that has a lot of back ground noise this is not an issue at all. However not every environment will be like this.

It comes down to personal preference I think, and as I stated you don't have to hang them on the outside at all. Smile

MerIin
View Profile
New user
Valley of the Sun
27 Posts

Profile of MerIin
I agree with the author of this thread.. I own Pro Flite too and I think its a very good routine facilitated by a top notch, examinable gimmick.

I use Pro Flite myself for a keyring penetration routine, instead of the vanish/reappearance routine taught in the DVD. Mr. Einhorn teaches the handling and subtleties of the routine very concisely on the DVD, and nothing is left out.

It is definitely something you will like to use often if you are a close up magician.
presto77
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of presto77
Hi, Guys yes the Pro flight is a Big hit try this do the false pass of the ring
then pull your left hand sleeve up then place the ring on to the pro flight .
a good direction ?
mike
monkeypuzzletree
View Profile
Regular user
essex
119 Posts

Profile of monkeypuzzletree
Has anyone changed or found a good alternative to the leather fob that comes with it? I don't like unicorns.
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Has anyone changed or found a good alternative to the leather fob that comes with it? I don't like unicorns.

For those that own Pro-Flight you might like to know you can peel off the Unicorn logo with a sharp craft knife - the whole 'rubber' disc will come off and leave you with a plain metal tag which you could have engraved at your local engravers - with you favorite or preferred logo. In the UK many key cutters or shoe repair places do this type of engraving.
Really nice to hear such positive comments about this release.
Good luck! and continued success.
Nick
monkeypuzzletree
View Profile
Regular user
essex
119 Posts

Profile of monkeypuzzletree
Thank you einhorn! (Is that german for 'one horn'?) I managed to wedge my fingernail under the unicorn and yank it off. I will think about getting it engraved. Much better.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
This seems to be on back-order at a several popular online retailers like Hocus Pocus and Penguin. I hope they are in stock soon.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pro-Flight Nicholas Einhorn / Bob Swaddling- review (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL