The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pro-Flight Nicholas Einhorn / Bob Swaddling- review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1245 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Guys,

Myself and David Penn reviewed pro-flight on the latest edition of the Wizard Product Review. We also give you a chance to win my 'Keymaster' effect which works really well with pro-flight.

Check out the link below and let us know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmHwvHKZk4

Thanks

Craig
The Wizard Product review on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/worldmagicshop
The Wizard Product Review is on iTunes: Just search for ‘Wizard Product Review’

SLIM COMING SOON!!!!!
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1047 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2010-06-15 06:05, 2010multimagic wrote:
Hi guy's.. why cant people just concentrate on the "effect" that is being talked about instaed of bringing other effects into the conversation!?!?..really annoy's me!!... I love pro flite use everyday.. great simple strong effect... you wont be let down by this !!:D:D:D:D

Comparing similar effects is quite common here & can be informative so you need to live with it. Just as I have to live with posts about how long the postman takes to deliver stuff which I feel is even more irrelevant.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
15201 Posts

Profile of joseph
Don't forget the thousands of informative "I can't wait" posts.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
526 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On 2010-05-16 12:19, TKE wrote:
I was JUST about to order ring flight revolution until I saw this...now what?

Nothing wrong with having both for different situations. There are many times I work without a coat and Nick's routine would seem to work perfectly in that type of situation.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
What do I win if I get
1878 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
After being a bit harsh on this, I have been playing with it for a while, and I must admit, it is a dream to use,and more important are the great reactions it gets, love it. Dave
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1413 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Is anybody able to discuss the differences between this and Duscheck's Ringer? If so can you please PM me as I have a question. Not looking to drag methods out.

I've used Ringer for years but need a backup.

Thanks.

Dan
Bringing the underground a little closer to the surface
http://www.DeeperSecrets.com/
http://www.DoccHilfordProducts.com/
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Dan,

Go to Duscheck's website and buy another back-up. I bought one from him a few months back and I love it.

Also, I asked the same question on a different Pro-Flight thread and apparently Steve Duscheck gave his praise on this product and stated that Pro-Flight is an improvement to his original idea.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1413 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Steve tells me he is out of stock. I also didn't see where he said this is an improvement. I'm not saying it is or isn't. I've performed Ringer a few thousand times over many years. Just needing a backup.

Thanks.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
What do I win if I get
1878 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I had the original Dusheck , years ago, and if my memory is correct, they are quite similar, but the pro F, is a thicker more sturdy version, and the DVD that comes with it is loaded with great info.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1413 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Thanks Dave.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
911 Posts

Profile of Martino
Not quite Dave. There is one main difference between Dusheck's Ringer and Pro-Flite.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago, IL
2120 Posts

Profile of jprace
I've had Pro-Flight since it was released, and it's great!
Voices is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on YouTube
einhorn
View Profile
New user
London
92 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Hi Guys
Dave, there are many differences between Pro-Flite and RINGER. I sent Steve Dusheck the very first Pro-Flite so he'd be happy I did not duplicate his method. Steve wrote back imediately and said:

'Pro-Flite arrived today. Thank you very much. It is very, very good. I'm glad it's not a rip-off of my Ringer as so many of the hobbyists were claiming...... and they (magicians & hobbyists) will be very satisfied if they buy Pro-Flite..............'

For all the very latest reviews please go to http://www.einhorn.co.uk/?q=node/23 fill in the password and click on the reviews link in Pro-Flite.
Glad so many of you like it.
Regards
Nick
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
What do I win if I get
1878 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I am very sorry if I gave the wrong info, all I had was a memory of the effect, and that there was a lot of similarity, and this was an improved version. Thanks for the correction, next time I open my mouth, I will double check.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1124 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I just got this item. Am I missing something about what the gimmick is? Looks to work just like a regular keychain to me.
CORBETT D. TROYER
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1092 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
I own Pro-flite and I am generally happy with it except.....

My fob broke just after a few hours of practice. The metal part (unicorn) came out and an ugly hole where the metal part use to be can be seen clearly. The stiches along the leather is also coming apart. I have emailed (about 3 weeks ago) Mr. Eninhorn but he has not replied me.

This could be an isolated case which I think should not stop people from buying it. Though the fob don't really affect the trick, I think I deserve at least a reply.
Bernard Sim
einhorn
View Profile
New user
London
92 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Bernard. I never received your email. Please send me your email address and I will contact you direct to rectify this asap. Email info@einhorn.co.uk Never had a key fob break yet.
Corbett. The gimmicks main strength is that it has been custom made to look feel and function as a regular key fob BUT with modifications to allow for the method used.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1047 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Got this a few days ago but it isn't really for me. The gimmick (if you can call it that) is made well enough & the DVD tells you everything you need to know plus some bonus ring on string effects to precede the main routine.
This may suit some & there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with it but I had the following issues -
1) The move is very knacky & I couldn't get it smooth & quick like Mr Einhorn can. As I also wear jeans the pockets are a bit saggy which makes things harder.
2) I found the barrel didn't lock everytime.
3) I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around with my keys like that.
4) Your hand goes directly to the final destination which makes it easy to reverse engineer.

However, as said there is nothing wrong with the product. It simply doesn't fit my style.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
2811 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-07-01 09:59, Corbett wrote:
I just got this item. Am I missing something about what the gimmick is? Looks to work just like a regular keychain to me.

It pretty much does- just a little quicker closing process!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
2811 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-07-02 06:17, Bernard Sim wrote:
I own Pro-flite and I am generally happy with it except.....

My fob broke just after a few hours of practice. The metal part (unicorn) came out and an ugly hole where the metal part use to be can be seen clearly. The stiches along the leather is also coming apart. I have emailed (about 3 weeks ago) Mr. Eninhorn but he has not replied me.

This could be an isolated case which I think should not stop people from buying it. Though the fob don't really affect the trick, I think I deserve at least a reply.

You will get a reply- it may take a little time. I had a little issue with mine and it took a little while, but Nick finally got back to me and made everything right. He is very nice to deal with. I had to google his website and e-mail him though that to get a hold of him. He seems to check that e-mail more than the Café. But as I stated- he will make everything right with you and the product.

RNK
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7 years no smoking. And counting
6975 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ringer was the first thing I thought but after reading I'm curious about this. Im guess its similar to Ringer in appearence but mechanics more like Morielli ring?
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
503 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Just picked this up the other day and love it. The ring on string section is fantastic - well performed, explained and very well credited.

El Duco released an effect called the Wedding Bell where a ring was placed into a ring box but ended up in the bell (it was actually the object that made the bell 'ring'). This ring box would go well with Pro-Flite.
prizna
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of prizna
Anyone found a way to get the ring to be between the keys instead of next to the keys?
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I'm thinking of purchasing but want some reassurance that the key ring is actually gimmicked in some way...

I'm not fishing for methods here, it's just that, without some special feature, it is just a regular key ring. Moreover, if it is, it's exactly the type of key ring that Richard Osterlind uses and routined in his ring on key chain effect (the name of which escapes me) written up some time ago.

I'm assuming that there is some gimmick by which the key ring is opened and closed other than the screw lock which is the ostensible method.. I'm not looking for divulging of secrets but, as I say, without some such ingenuity it is just a regular key ring, albeit a particular type. These type are a little harder to find but they are regular nonetheless. And I don't want to shelve out for a regular key ring....

Some advice would be appreciated, either in the thread or by way of PM.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
2934 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
PapaG

This trick works how you think it works but with a little twist Smile

It has been gimmicked in a subtle and clever way.

Nick and Bob worked their way through many variations of the gimmick before they came up with the one supplied. The mechanism makes for easy loading that is guaranteed to work every single time. It is a professional prop in that regard.

The real value for me though lies in the routining and handling. The ring on string lead in uses the most powerful moves in print while the appearance of the ring on the 'empty' keyring is genius in its simplicity.

I don't think you'll be disappointed if you buy this.
I'm considering retiring from the Magic Café when I reach 3,000 posts.
jackbp
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of jackbp
I must say I've had this effect for over two months now but am still struggling with the handling of the gimmick mechanism. Has any one else overcome this issue and if so, could you pm me with your solution or any tips? Thanks,

jack
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
2934 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Email Nick directly if you're struggling.

Let him know what problems you're having and I guarantee he'll sort you out.
I'm considering retiring from the Magic Café when I reach 3,000 posts.
bingo
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of bingo
Hi

As I love this Effect I foun a way to do it faster just need help and advice to improve it , anybody ? Smile

Best regards

Bingo
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Hi

I just played around with it and I have bit problem to keep the fob on the place during the routine. Sometimes it's moved inside my backpocket. Any suggestion ?

Thanks
martysh
View Profile
Veteran user
Greenville,SC
371 Posts

Profile of martysh
You could bull dog clip it to back pocket.. but better yet ... the leather part has a metal insert.. stick a strong magnet inside you pocket and you can have an easy holdout.

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Pro-Flight Nicholas Einhorn / Bob Swaddling- review (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.265799 seconds, requiring 94 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [5] [9] [2] [9] [9] [7] [4]