The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Conway Rope (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I was able to locate the original manuscript for (The Conway Rope)
I do remember that sometime ago someone posted on this effect.
TrickyRicky
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It is great and I have added to it in my book "Give a Magician Enough Rope".
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Give a maguician enough rope---seems to me a book put out by Harry Stanley some years back with that title.
I may still have that small book somewhere on my collection.
I stand to be corrected.
TrickyRicky
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-04-07 18:28, TrickyRicky wrote:
Give a magician enough rope---seems to me a book put out by Harry Stanley some years back with that title.
I may still have that small book somewhere on my collection.
I stand to be corrected.
TrickyRicky

Yes, you are correct, I have a copy in my collection also. I don't think Unique Magic Studio or Supreme Magic will sue Pete Biro, the copyright time is long past and now we can all be confused by duplicate titles.

The Conway Rope Trick published by Ken Brooke is a good finish for the Professor Nitemare Rope Trick or as some call it Equal Unequal Rope Trick or My Favorite Rope Trick by Empire, etc. I don't think many do it because it requires practice and timing in the 'catch'. Most moves of this nature, people are unsure of themselves to perform it correctly, and thus leave it out.
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
I do the complete routine with the drop catch part, but you can leave that move out, it's not necessary to do it at the end.
TrickyRicky
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
YIKES... I didn't know that title had been used befor... grrrrrrrrrrr....
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Actually, you can't sue over titles. In essence: Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That was a joke as the 2 companies mentioned have been out of business for years. I believe the copyright is long past due, anyway.

It will not be more confusing on the used book market as to what the buyer is actually getting.
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
How about this for a title Pete - Enough to hang a magician!

CYRS
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-04-30 15:02, magicalwishes wrote:
How about this for a title Pete - Enough to hang a magician!

CYRS

It's kind of to late now as the book is printed and Steven's Magic is selling it right now.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 5:16pm
The Conway Rope Trick is really just an ending for the Professor's Nitemare Routine. Others may know it as "My Favorite Rope Trick" as there are now a number of supplies of the effect.

If anyone is interested in obtaining the instructions for the "Conway Rope Trick", I can provide for $20.00.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I believe it is a dealer item in the Ken Brooke line and the only authorized seller is Stevens Magic Emporium.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Everyone,

Bruce Cervon used the Conway Rope Trick in his original Close-Up act at the Magic Castle. It was, and still is, a great addition to Carver's Prof.'s Nitemare.

I remember using it at a show where there were some fellow magicians--They were "floored" by the routine.

Enjoy the search!

Regards,

Paul Green
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I did it at a Tannen Jubilee in the Catskills and at the finish threw the rope into the audience.

Soon as I got back to the dressing room two knowledgeable NY magicians rushed back and asked me to settle a bet. They wanted to know when I switched the ropes so I could throw it into the audience.

I told 'em, "I didn't switch anything. The guy that caught it might figure it out, but the other 1,500 in the audience were fried."
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2010-04-30 20:01, Pete Biro wrote:
I believe it is a dealer item in the Ken Brooke line and the only authorized seller is Stevens Magic Emporium.

Pete, you are correct. Stevens Magic has the rights.
No one has the right to sell a copy.
TrickyRicky
gocall911
View Profile
Loyal user
Salem, VA
247 Posts

Profile of gocall911
Any updates as to where the 1 rope finish can be found these days? I’ve done some searching for the references listed and haven’t had much luck finding it. I could use it for a corporate lesson presentation I’m working on.
"Use your head." ~Dai Vernon~
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Check out Nick Lewin's routine based on the Conway Rope Trick. It is in a download, well taught and a complete routine.

http://www.lewinenterprises.com/store/p6......oad.html
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The Conway Rope (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL