The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Sam The Bellhop type story for the Aronson Stack? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
I re-watched Bill Malone perform Sam The Bellhop today and wondered if anyone put together a story around the Aronson stack. I have a strong suspicion that someone (or even a couple of people) did (if to help themseves memorize the stack)...

Searching the forums I found something called "The Legend of Southside Johnny" mentioned...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=2&44

Dennis Loomis: http://www.loomismagic.com The Legend of Southside Johnny is a reworking of a story effect for the Aronson Stack. This was originally created by Paul Thomey and Doug Brewer who granted permission to Dennis for releasing his version
the dealer
View Profile
Regular user
las vegas
188 Posts

Profile of the dealer
I haven't done that, but something similar. I have a deck set up that is two Faros away from Sam the bellhop
0likv
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of 0likv
I recently watched a local magician perform sam the bellhop and I have purchased it myself. Sadly in my dvd it didn't tell me how I could let a spectator cut the deck. Could someone please message me how I could do this ASAP please. Thanks
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2010-04-12 18:42, Dmitriy Zalesskiy wrote:
I re-watched Bill Malone perform Sam The Bellhop today and wondered if anyone put together a story around the Aronson stack. I have a strong suspicion that someone (or even a couple of people) did (if to help themseves memorize the stack)...

Searching the forums I found something called "The Legend of Southside Johnny" mentioned...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=2&44

Dennis Loomis: http://www.loomismagic.com The Legend of Southside Johnny is a reworking of a story effect for the Aronson Stack. This was originally created by Paul Thomey and Doug Brewer who granted permission to Dennis for releasing his version

Dmitriy,

Is this "The Legend of Southside Johnny" actually published in one of Dennis Loomis's 23 articles on the Memorized Deck? A very brief (and cursory) scan of the 23 article titles by these tired eyes (grin) did not reveal that name to me. Would you please be so kind as to tell in which of these 23 articles the Southside Johnny article is in? Thanks a lot.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Eric Richardson
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Eric Richardson
Hey,

You can also find the original "The Legend of Southside Johnny" along with two other full deck, Aronson stack, story routines ("A Hero's Tale" and "Lunch at Louie's") in my e-book OASIS (vanishingincmagic.com). Paul allowed me to publish his story routine so if you are interested in the original it is available.

Best,
Eric
mrehula
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of mrehula
Quote:
On 2012-12-27 17:51, Eric Richardson wrote:
Hey,

You can also find the original "The Legend of Southside Johnny" along with two other full deck, Aronson stack, story routines ("A Hero's Tale" and "Lunch at Louie's") in my e-book OASIS (vanishingincmagic.com). Paul allowed me to publish his story routine so if you are interested in the original it is available.

Best,
Eric

If you're working with the Aronson Stack, the work of Eric Richardson is essential. And OASIS is a lot of fun!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2012-12-27 17:51, Eric Richardson wrote:
Hey,

Best,
Eric

Thanks for the info, Eric.

I recently purchased your fine .pdf manuscript and was blown away by the professionalism exhibited in the layout, the writing style and the effects. I only read abot 1/2 of the effects and then, Christmas and other activities competed for my limited time. And while story-telling effects (like Sam the Bellhop) are not my style, I was intrigued by Dmitriy's paring up such and effect with a memorized deck--and I decided to take a look.

Thanks for the reference to "The Legend of Southside Johnny" in your manuscript. I'll definitely check it out.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Sam The Bellhop type story for the Aronson Stack? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL