The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Diamond Jim Tyler's "DiaMonte" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
It's a shame he's only made
361 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
I don't post these sorts of things very often.......Diamond Jim Tyler recently lectured for IBM Ring 266 in Tyler, Texas. His DVD (comes with gaff'd cards....not very complex, trust me)"DiaMonte" discusses this remarkable effect.....so smooth, so beautiful......so fabulous!!

Put this on your "Buy Soon" list......it's rock solid!!

Paul B.
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of akc22
Paul,

What is the effect?

Anthony
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4007 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Quote:
On 2010-04-14 17:07, akc22 wrote:
Paul,

What is the effect?

Anthony

Hi Anthony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1n_wuY5lOw&feature=related
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Looks like "Three card trick" that I learned from Patrick Paige and now perform with cards obtained from "CardsbyMartin" but performed/routined differently. It is one of my all time favorite packet tricks!!!

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1045 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
@GlenD, yes this is based on the work of the great Patrick Page (Jim credits him on the DVD). However, all three cards at the end of the routine are examinable! This is what makes this effect so strong.

I think this is one of the best monte effects on the market today.

Marty
Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
As I understand it (Jim touched on this during his lecture), Patrick's effect used a more HEAVILY gaffed card to accomplish the effect. On this one, the gaff is ultra simple, and the angles are less critical.
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Yes you are correct but with the right handling it is a terrific effect and the gaff is darn near invisible when the fronts and backs of the cards are shown during the routine. Alright, I am definitely intrigued... The Patrick Page packet effect has been one of my personal favorites but I am real curious about this now. Soo, where do I buy it?

Glen

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Ok, well I have got this on order and am anxiously looking forward to it!

Paul Budd
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
You will not be disappointed in that effect.
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1296 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Well I received it and can't wait to begin using it but I am having a couple of problems. I wont go into them openly here but I will get beyond them soon, hopefully. On the positive side, I think this will be a lot of fun to perform, especially when I make up a set to match the original one(s) I have. I can show it again to those who have seen me perform the original version but then I can add the element of allowing them to examine the cards. I like the idea a lot.

Glen

Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
187 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Check out this guy's handling for DiaMonte:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEKLVfAYdIo
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5814 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Mr. Tyler,

Nice to meet you sir! I love your book Pocketsful of Miracles. Any new print releases on the horizon?

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5814 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
The handling was nice, but, Mr. Tyler, yours felt more "organic" and had a better flow.

BEAUTIFUL effect!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
187 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Vlad,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know if you are familiar with my Bamboozlers books, but they have done well for me. Volume Two came out in December of 2009. I am currently writing Volume Three, but it will be a year or more before it sees the light of day in magic stores or online shops. I just re-released an anniversary edition of my DVD Pockets Full of Miracles, since the first DVD printing sold out at Blackpool. I have other projects in the works. I maintain a website blog at http://www.diamond-jim.com/news that features what is going on in my world.

All good things,
Diamond Jim Tyler
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1377 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I have DiaMonte...it's awesome...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Diamond Jim Tyler's "DiaMonte" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL