The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sankey Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
235 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Well I have to tell you I'm not happy with Sankey Magic. I asked if I could BUY more locomotion cards, I like to get the card signed by the spectator. I get an Email back saying they don't sell refills. If I were to order 2-3 products from them then they give me some. I think that's BU!! SH!T. I told them I had just about every trick he put out. I have lost some respect for Sankey.

Jeremy
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of puggo
Jeremy,

I am not at all defending the marketing / sales of Sankey, but I think simillar issues have been raised before (e.g. earplugs,, holy moley, various card bits..)

I think that the problem stems from the fact that a lot of Sankey effects have a full demo (which is good), but are fairly easy to deconstruct to a modestly experienced magician (bad!). Therefore people could watch the demos and just buy the refills rather than the product...

Then again, I could be completely wrong!

Respectfully

Charlie
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
235 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Yea I understand, It just sucks. I told them I wasnt looking for ten cards, I was looking for at least 150. I guess I will have to start doing Fragile Harbor, just about the same thing.

Jeremy
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1146 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Get your own decks made.

(I don't know how feasible this is.)

Or you can also get kind of the same visual by pushing the middle pip of a 7 from one side to the other, using dupes. of course they'll just assume you flipped the card end for end somehow.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6522 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I think Liam Montier has a similar effect to this on Ultraviolet. Draw a circle around the pip on the Seven. Then push it to the other side of the card leaving a blank space inside the circle.
Check out FLAT PACK, a stunning appearing deck effect!

http://cameronfrancismagic.com/flat-pack.html

and VIVID, a strange and strangely commercial T&R card routine

http://cameronfrancismagic.com/vivid.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sankey Magic (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.158043 seconds, requiring 20 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [8] [5] [7] [7] [3] [8] [6]