The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dr. Fun: Paul Harris (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any ideas for this routine from the T.A. box set, regarding the "drawing" part of the routine? I can't say much more for exposure readings, but those with the routine will know what I'm getting at.
Instead of summing up the spectator memory in a simple sketch, does anyone have any other ideas of what to write on the card... prior to the revelation?

Many thanks,
sdp.

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 3:49am
------------------------------------
I can't be the only one performing this surely?...Smile
Archey
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Archey
Hello Dylan, I perform Dr Fun, I think its a great routine. I myself only use the drawing part but have often tried to come up with different ideas for it to no avail, so I'm also interseted to hear of any different twists to it.
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
It's a great routine, I'm surprised there's been no feedback as yet....
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
575 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
It could be that those that perform a different version don't want to give their's up...
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Very true pete..although usually Café members like to toss ideas around...
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
534 Posts

Profile of magicduro
This is a great effect! I perform the routine as is. I think the drawing, as bad as is may be, adds a playful element. However, you bring up a good point.

How about drawing an Asian symbol and saying that's what it stands for.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
4952 Posts

Profile of Amirá
A few members in the Café told me that my "Impromptu Prediction 2.0" is similar to this effect, so if that can help you you can get it and read all the ideas that I have for my own effect. Different motivations and presentations.

More info at the signature.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
imacmagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of imacmagic
I love Dr. Fun, but don't like drawing the picture or the idea that you just hand them some cards. The justification of "so they don't blow away" wasn't strong enough for me. And as good as the idea is for predicting the happiest moment, I think you can make it even stronger.

Ask the spectator to think of their favorite moment in time. Ask if they can be specific. Think of the time of day. Can they remember the exact hour?

Have them take some cards from the top of the shuffled deck corresponding to the hour. If it's one, take one card. Two take two. Etc. Then have them put those cards behind their back. Leverage John Bannon's AK47 from Move Zero here.

Explain that you're going to try to get an impression of that moment in time and see if you can get something from it.

You go through the deck, find the hour of the day using AK47, then look for a number card that matches (say an 8 for example). Move that to the face of the deck for later.

Then take an indifferent card and fake write something on it. Turn it around and on the back, instead of writing your signature, you write 3MVN. Tell them you are not sure what that means yet but that you feel it is important. Tell them to bring their pack of cards in front of them again and put this card on top of the pack.

Then say that you are now going to try to divine the exact time of day. To do this, you need them to describe the moment to you in ways that won't give away the time of day. So if it was a special dinner, describe it as a meal. That way I won't know if it was breakfast, lunch or dinner. Ask if there was someone in that moment. A name maybe? A color? A location?

After you "get a feel for the time" (which is already predicted by the value of the face card), instead of having them sign, you write the word "TIME" and put it on top of their packet as well.

Have them lift the TIME card up and see if your prediction was correct.

Then tell them that you figured out what "3MVN" means. Turn it upside down and it spells NAME. Then turn the card over and it has the special name, written before the spectator had said a word about the memory.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
769 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Great idea - but it seems to me the mystery word should be "3WVN".
imacmagic
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of imacmagic
Woops, you're correct. Thanks Bob.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dr. Fun: Paul Harris (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL