The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Live from FFFF Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I am hoping to broadcast live from FFFF at 10PM ET starting Wednesday night and continuing each night at 10PM until Saturday. It will depend on the quality of the internet connection at the hotel which is, as of yet, untested. It would be fun to have TSD members involved, so track me down Wed if you're interested.

I'm going to ask some of the attendees to sit in and perform a trick and say hello to the viewers. Because my camera and laptop are battery powered, I can also roam around and have a free form show that might be fun to watch.

I'm using uStream.tv as the source of the broadcast. My website is hooked in and there is a link on the homepage. So you can go to http://www.mallofmagic.com, click the link and then begin watching. You can also go to uStream.tv and look up the show "Card Corner Live from FFFF." I'm using a Canon Vixia HV40 as the source of the video so the picture should be good. I'm also using Adobe Media Live Encoder at the front end which enhances the quality a lot.

When I have experimented at home, the picture is very good, even at full screen. But I have Comcast cable cranking at 22 Mb/s. I should be able to test things out tomorrow afternoon. If it sucks, I'll post that the show if off. Otherwise we'll be on the air at 10PM ET Wednesday. The lecture should be over by then.

Mike
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
That's great news. Ill be watching for sure. I havent been to FFFF since it was at the Forks.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Thanks again, Mike!
magicwanabe
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of magicwanabe
This sounds like a great idea -- thanks for taking the time to set all of this stuff up (or at least for trying!). I am sure it will be watched by many of us (especially us "students of magic")! Good luck.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
What a wonderful idea! Thanks for all of your efforts in promoting magic for the rest of us.

Jim
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
381 Posts

Profile of atucci
Mike - this is great news.

I understand Friday night's lineup is suppose to be outstanding with a number of performers from outside the U.S. (providing they can get flights).

Looking forward to the broadcasts.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
See You there Mike! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Thanks Mike
magicjy
View Profile
New user
Big Stone Gap, VA
61 Posts

Profile of magicjy
I LOVE IT!

Joseph
---
MAGIC is believing in yourself.
If you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Foka Gomez

Joseph Young
WWW.JOSEPHYOUNGMAGIC.COM
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Nice ... Howie is one of my favorite people. Great seeing everyone. Keep up the good work and please tell Howie I said hello.

Hope to see you again tomorrow night.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
607 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
Hey Mike,

great job... sorry I can't be there this year... give my best to the boys!
D
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I'd really like to be there. Thanks for the link.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Was there sound tonight. I couldn't get any at my end but I enjoyed seeing the audience shots and realize that we are all getting really old. Incredible.

Thanks Mike.

Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I learned a lot about trying to do live coverage this year. After some problems on Wed we got on the air for about 40 minutes. Tim Ellis, Vic Trabucco, Eric Jones, Howie Schwartzman and others sat in, did tricks and talked. It was very good. Unfortunately it didn't record so that people could watch it later. We probably lost the audience at the outset due to our connection getting broken.

Thursday we were up at 10PM for about 40 min. But as mentioned above, the sound didn't come through! Ouch. Bob Sheets gave me permission to put his performance on the air. That was worth waiting for, but the lack of sound killed any interest.

The shows started going really long Fri and Sat. I think Sat the show was 3.5 hrs! Scott Wells and Ryan Swigert had the right idea - use an iPhone and record short items that people can watch any time. That's what I'll be doing next time.

I really thought that LIVE would be cool but I think that LIVE and RECORDED so that anyone can watch later is clearly the way to go. I had a very good Canon camera with firewire to my computer. I used Adobe Media Live Encoder to create a high quality stream to uStream. The picture quality was excellent and could be viewed full screen.

Anyway, I learned a lot and will try to do some coverage this summer at the Abbott's Get Together. I'll get it right this time!

Thanks for tuning in.

Mike
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Great. It can only get better. I for one will be looking 4ward to Abbotts.

Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
Can't wait to attend for my first time this year.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Mike, there are actually going to be live performers there?? Wow.. Smile See ya on Wednesday
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am so glad there are live performers this year also. The stuffed ones were getting hard to move around and they kept hogging all the beer.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Brad Lancaster
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Brad Lancaster
I resemble that remark!

Brad
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
No, but Bob Rees and you make a great set of Hippty Hop rabbits!!

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Live from FFFF Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL