The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Info wanted: Russian Roulegg by Quique Marduk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
I would greatly appreciate a review or other information regarding 'Russian Roulegg.' The premise is interesting, but the video with the ad has some edits that I wish weren't there! How 'clean' is the actual presentation?

Thank you for your help!

Tom
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
I like to know more about this to
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
4002 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-04-30 14:28, Tennispro wrote:
I like to know more about this to

Do you plan to play tennis with the eggs ? Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
647 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
I want to order this stuff, but on many magic shop, Russian roulegg still out of stock
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
I suspect they were trying to get the word out--before the item was available!

Tom
JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
69 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
I really like this and think it has huge comedic potential. As well as
it looks like Fun!. I definitely could figure a way to do it however I am ordering it to be supportive of his idea.
Will let you know as soon as it arrive.

Jpz
JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
69 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
I tried to order this everywhere and they were all out of stock.
I was able to order it from Hocus-Pocus
Lets see if he emails me it's out...Hmmmn
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
John,

Thank you for your posts! I agree with your assessment; it does look like fun!!

I wonder if it is really 'out of stock' or simply 'not available yet.' Please let us know what you find out.

Tom
Christo
View Profile
Regular user
Cyprus
190 Posts

Profile of Christo
See toberman May 3rd in the For Sale column.

C
"Humpty was pushed!!"
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2031 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
What's the website?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4541 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
The egg-on-head version of Russian roulette has been discussed before at the Café. Marduke's routining is clearly the "secret" here, which is, I suspect, the reason for the edits.
Potty Smile
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Hello 'Failed,'

The effect is listed by Murphy's, Hocus-Pocus, Penguin--and I suspect many other dealers.

Tom
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Hello Potty,

Thank you for your post! I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything relevant. Could you possibly provide a link?

Tom
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Interesting! There is now one listed for sale on the Café!! Will ask the seller if he would provide a review.
indomagic
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of indomagic
Zero stock in Murphys.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Hey Folks!

I just bought the one on the Café. I'll post a review when it arrives.

Mike Smile
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4541 Posts

zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Mike and Potty, Thank you for your help!

Christo, I'm sorry I missed your post about the sale listing!! Thanks!!!

Tom
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1125 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Would someone actually take a bag (whether empty or not) and smash it against a spec's head? I can't see this. However, smashing it between their held-out hands I can see, and still funny (I think . . .)
Jv
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Jv
Quote:
On 2010-05-04 05:50, Potty the Pirate wrote:
The egg-on-head version of Russian roulette has been discussed before at the Café. Marduke's routining is clearly the "secret" here, which is, I suspect, the reason for the edits.
Potty Smile

Those were my thoughts, as well... nothing new here (with the egg), but I'm guessing those interested, are interested in the routining, as you said before.

But one thing that bothers me about this is, wouldn't you/or they know which bag would contain the egg (NOT KNOW WHERE IT'S AT, BUT KNOW WHILE IN THE SMASHING PART OF THE ROUTINE)... WHAT I MEAN IS - when you/or they grab a bag to smash, the egg would obviously add weight to the bag, so if you/or they grab a bag, wouldn't you/or they be able to tell, just from the weight of the bag that bag being held doesn't contain the egg and it's safe to smash?

Jv
Guillotine+ASYLUM
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Jv,

You make an interesting point! I was thinking that I would prefer to have the spectator slightly downstage of the performer, and not able to see the mixing of the bags or the selected bag(s) coming toward him. The comedy of the approaching egg 'crowning' might be enhanced that way!

Tom
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Ok Folks,

I have had this for a about a day. This is a quick review. I have 4 shows that I WILL be using this in next weekend so I will post how this plays in the real world after these performances.

Regarding the video ad and edits. There is absolutely no reason to have edited the presentation to hide any secrets or routines. The only reasons for edits was to keep it short. The trick is exactly as shown.

You display 4 bags. Three bags are closed and one bag is open as you show the spec an egg and place it in the bag. You close this bag so all bags now look identical. You explain three bags are empty and one has the egg. You mix the bags up and the spec can choose ANY bag they want. There are no forces or switches. ANY bag can be chosen and broke over their head. You crumble the bag up and place in your pocket. You repeat this until your down to your last bag. At this point you open the bag and truly pull the egg from the bag. NO SLEIGHT of hand. You hold the egg in your left hand and crumble the bag and put it in your pocket. At this point you put a glass on the table and place the egg in your left hand into your right hand. You break the egg with your right hand into the glass and drop everything into the glass (shell and all). You can now show both hands completely empty.

This trick is very simple, very clean, and has huge potential. The bags are not gimmicked in anyway. You are supplied with high quality gimmicks that make this easy as pie. If you take care of them they will last a long long time.

For those worried about the weight of the egg, well this simply is not a problem. The egg is simply not heavy enough to be notice. If you don't believe me grab some small bags and an egg and try it out.

I'm very excited to add this to my shows next weekend. This is an effect that you can add to your show the same day. It's that simple. I'm looking forward to the comedy and hopefully strong reactions from the kids.

Feel free to pm me.

Mike Smile
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Mike,

Thank you for your most informative and helpful comments! I'm now sold!!

Tom
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4541 Posts

Very nice, yes I see now why this justifies it's price. Sound like a real worker to me.
Potty Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
2550 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Think I'll pick this up, its sounds like a really fun and clever routine and if done right as in Mike's review, it will be a winner for sure. And yes, it actually sounds like a bargain for the gimmicks, not to mention supporting the creator
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Now, if we can just find it in stock somewhere !!!
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
647 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Thanks for your information Mike.
but I'm still can't find this stuff on many magic shop, still out of stock...
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Just get it from Penguin, they have a reasonable shipping price to Indonesia. At the end of the day, you'll pay a lot cheaper than what the shops charge in Indonesia Smile

Just my 2 cents.
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of zgecko
...but Penguin doesn't seem to have it in stock either!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Oh, sorry, I thought they have it in stock. There are couple of shops with good prices tho. Penguin is one of them, then Magicwarehouse.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Info wanted: Russian Roulegg by Quique Marduk (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.246998 seconds, requiring 92 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [6] [7] [1] [8] [1] [2] [5]