The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Signed Card to sealed box released yet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
I remeber chasing after this trick a few months back, I was told the best or the only real version is not being released until after the Forum 2010 or something when a magician uses in his performance...

Has it been released, any EST on it?

Really love to look at this and tryit out!

Thanks

Waz
Christo
View Profile
Regular user
Cyprus
188 Posts

Profile of Christo
The Pandora system, Papercranemagic.com.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is what you're after.

C
"Humpty was pushed!!"
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of puggo
You may be thinking of the effect by Shawn Farquahar (I think various threads exist on this). As Christo points out, there are other versions and methods... Google reveals several with ease.

I was recently given a box of old magic stuff, and found a version of this effect called 'Sealed card surprise' by George Schindler (via Tannens), typed not printed, which hints at its age. There are probably older versions still.

Enjoy the search

Charlie
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2128 Posts

Profile of Robert M
It's Shawn Farquahar's, which I believe is based on George Schindler's trick.

I saw Shawn perform this in Louisville at the IBM / SAM convention in 2008. Still waiting for it to be released now that he won FISM this year.

Robert
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
798 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Shawn's effect will be released in the Summer, along with his fantastic version of Cups and Balls

How do I know? I asked him in person at the World Magic Seminar.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I talked with Shawn a couple of days ago, he's working on it and a few others to be released VERY soon.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"

What is the mental malfunction that some people suffer from that compels them to demand being able to kill the most vulnerable and innocent members of the human race? What kind of society champions the killing of nascent human life rather than demanding that adults behave responsibly?
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
523 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Shoulb be released in july from what I've heard..
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
I know Jardonnet had been working on a version for a few years now. Even before Farquahar's performance of his version. Another case of an a good idea releasing around the same time by different people using different principles but the same or similar outcome. Curious to see how they are going to be different? I understand Jardonnet has been working on the production of the DVD and manufacturing of the product. Jardonnet's version is a factory sealed deck the spectator can open. Pretty powerful stuff.... Can't wait for it's release! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xfwY0T4ilA
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
cardlover
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of cardlover
So is this close to release?
Any news?
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Quote:
On 2010-06-26 03:43, NexusMagicShop wrote:
I know Jardonnet had been working on a version for a few years now. Even before Farquahar's performance of his version. Another case of an a good idea releasing around the same time by different people using different principles but the same or similar outcome. Curious to see how they are going to be different? I understand Jardonnet has been working on the production of the DVD and manufacturing of the product. Jardonnet's version is a factory sealed deck the spectator can open. Pretty powerful stuff.... Can't wait for it's release! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xfwY0T4ilA

There are many before Farquahar's. Including Greg Gleason's.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
kenb123
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
64 Posts

Profile of kenb123
At World Magic Seminar he said he would release it at IBM this summer.
Roland B
View Profile
New user
Paris(France)
41 Posts

Profile of Roland B
Rhooo, mais quel aguicheur ce Jardonnet...

I did not know about this effect, but I had quite a similar idea : instead of making the card vanish, I wanted to have the spectator put it in the deck and then into the card case. Then the magician would do a little magic pass over the card case which would be instantly resealed.

Stephane if you read me, is this effect possible whith your method? I would be very interested then. Don't hesitate to PM me Smile
Rolangicien
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26099 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Aguicheur = tease?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
gillesA4
View Profile
Veteran user
Brussels, Belgium
368 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
Aguicher= to tease and aguicheur= teaser, yes Jon, you guessed it right!
Oh, all these coins on the floor, around me...
steez
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of steez
Daniel Garcia has a effect like this called 'Timeline 2.0'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTrr8IeSRDA
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
No. The Garcia effect is different. They are talking about a spectators selection appearing inside an unopened sealed deck of cards.

Seriously guys... Just gimmick a box and come up with a nice routine. It isn't that hard. I've been doing my version of this for quite a while. Before I even knew there were any marketed effects like this out there. Mine is a signed blue back selection that appears in a sealed red backed deck. And the spectator holds the sealed deck throughout the routine, opens it and spreads the new deck to find their card.

Its fairly straightforward and a gimmick box that you can use over and over is easy to make. You just need a few "things".
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Roland B
View Profile
New user
Paris(France)
41 Posts

Profile of Roland B
Oh, thanks a lot, I didn't really know how to say it in English. I'll keep on preparing my version. Let us see where it will lead me.
Rolangicien
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7 years no smoking. And counting
6935 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Looking for some versions of this effect. Any links?
anthonyb
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of anthonyb
Tommy Wonder, Vanni Bossi, for starters
Anthony Brahams
www.thecairnpress.com
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
6935 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2010-08-30 12:53, anthonyb wrote:
Tommy Wonder, Vanni Bossi, for starters

Tommy wonder, is that on book or dvd set. I have the set but havent looked at it in a good five or six years.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
912 Posts

Profile of Martino
Tommy's version is not a card to sealed card box. It is a folded card in a ring box.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
6935 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Oh ok, yeah I remember that. that's why I was confused.. Im looking to a Card to Sealed deck routine. I have see many online just not sure for the most practical with not TOOO much set up and reset. Might do it twice in a whole day...
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2565 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Ricky Jay has a version also that he performed on Ricky Jay and his 52 assistants. From what I understand it wasn't quite done the way that the original Schindler effect was done but it is very close.

B.T.W. There really aren't that many ways to do this effect so no one is going to come up with much of anything that is going to be new and unique to this effect.
Learn Michael Skinner's Impromptu Cup and Balls Routine.
http://www.skinnercups.com/
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
6935 Posts

Profile of paisa23
YEah I remember seeing that one then I Heard Shawn Farquar (MISPELT) had one buti currently do not know any. I have seen it done but I was looking to learn a method.
martyjacobs
View Profile
Special user
749 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
You might also want to check a out a routine by Peter Nardi called Intact (the routine can be found on the companion DVD for The Extractor). Intact is very similar in premise to the effects being discussed here.

You can see Richard Bellars performing the routine here.

HTH,

Marty
Read my magic blog at: www.MagicOnTheBrain.com
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
3944 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2010-08-30 18:24, RS1963 wrote:
Ricky Jay has a version also that he performed on Ricky Jay and his 52 assistants. From what I understand it wasn't quite done the way that the original Schindler effect was done but it is very close.

B.T.W. There really aren't that many ways to do this effect so no one is going to come up with much of anything that is going to be new and unique to this effect.

Then how can it be produced, marketed, and sold?
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
707 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
That demo video was just ridiculous. Was I supposed to get all excited watching for the effect or the half naked girls? So sad that this product has to be marketed like that. Speaks volumes for the effect.
WazMeister
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of WazMeister
Did someone not promise to release a awesome version after Fism ????
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
4497 Posts

Profile of pepka
I believe the Ricky Jay routine that RS1963 mentioned is The Jennings Box, detailed in Jim Swain's book Miracles with Cards. I've always assumed this because he doesn't just open the box, he tears it apart. Once you read Jim's book, you'll understand that this would destroy any dirty evidence.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Special user
Belgium
802 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-06-28 08:02, Voldemort wrote:
Seriously guys... Just gimmick a box and come up with a nice routine. It isn't that hard.

I agree 100%
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Signed Card to sealed box released yet? (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.435178 seconds, requiring 106 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [0] [1] [7] [2] [5] [2] [4]