The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..30~31~32 [Next]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Douglas was our professional volunteer in the Friday night show. He had to walk miles more than anyone else since he sat at the back of the theater and made so many trips from there to stage and back.

I look forward to the days when he becomes the headliner.

It is wonderful to see young magicians at events like this. Thanks for seeing to it he was here, Dad.

Bob and Lucy

PS --- I'm only 65. How would I recognize the "kid stuff"?
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Not to worry Bob, I was stumbling around enough without it that I didn't miss it.... much. Those preachers and moonshiners, are some of them one and the same?
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
CMMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
Myrtle Beach , S.C.
145 Posts

Profile of CMMAGIC
I wanna thank Ray Witko for the nice things at a GREAT price , 2 things I have wanted to add into my act for quite sometime , and id like to come up and get that cremation illusion if I have time out of my schedule . We have 3 Illusion shows in the next 5 days !! Ray knows his stuff and is more than fair with things , highly recommend purchases from him !
- Carl Michael - www.CarlMichaelMagic.com
Frequent performer at top night clubs such as Mansion Miami , PURE Las Vegas , Marquee Vegas , and Veranda NYC . 2012 and 2013 Reader's Choice Magician of the Year. Currently headlining in my own stage show in Myrtle Beach . Follow on twitter , Instagram and ViNe @CMMAGIC
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
... well, I made three new friends, saw four old friends, and got a lot of video to go through, a few pictures plus getting to see the Sanders' farm and a free t-shirt from Brett.

It will be awhile b4 the video is ready for consumption. Im not sure how Im gonna do it but I hope to make a DVD available with most everything on it.

Thanks again for everyone who made my part of the weekend.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 11:39, CMMAGIC wrote:
I wanna thank Ray Witko for the nice things at a GREAT price , 2 things I have wanted to add into my act for quite sometime , and id like to come up and get that cremation illusion if I have time out of my schedule . We have 3 Illusion shows in the next 5 days !! Ray knows his stuff and is more than fair with things , highly recommend purchases from him !

Let me know when your coming and I'll pull it out of storage for you. Just remember it is a fixer upper.
Ray

Tabman USA
magicdmv
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 12:37, raywitko wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 11:39, CMMAGIC wrote:

Let me know when your coming and I'll pull it out of storage for you. Just remember it is a fixer upper.
Ray

If you get the cremation, Carl, remind me to tell you the history of it from Barclay Shaw, to me, to Kozak, to Ray. It would be great if you get it and restore the prop and use it in your show. Just be careful, I'd hate to see anything happen to Yuliya.
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 12:53, tabman wrote:
If you get the cremation, Carl, remind me to tell you the history of it from Barclay Shaw, to me, to Kozak, to Ray. It would be great if you get it and restore the prop and use it in your show. Just be careful, I'd hate to see anything happen to Yuliya.

There is one more link in the chain. From Kozak to Doc Dougherty and then to me.
Ray

Tabman USA
magicdmv
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
[quote]On 2010-09-15 13:38, raywitko wrote:
Quote:
There is one more link in the chain. From Kozak to Doc Dougherty and then to me.
Ray

Sort of like passing the "Mantle of Magic", only this is more like the "Furnace of Magic"...

Heck, makes me wish I had bought it, but I'm not worthy...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 13:38, raywitko wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 12:53, tabman wrote:

Ray

Now that is cool. I didn't know it was Doc who bought it from Koz. I thought you told me you picked it up from Kozak???

So it's:

Unknown maker to unknown to:
Barclay Shaw (paid $???)
Shaw passes away and stuff auctioned off
Tabby paid $500 at the auction in LV
Koz paid Tabby $500 in TN
Koz gave it to
Tabby in lieu of $500 salary in Pittsburgh
Tabby sells it back to
Koz in trade for $375 from Atlantic City
Doc buys it from Koz for $$?? and sells it to
Ray

Ray sells it to Carl Michaels and it lives on. Carl might put it in the show. He's got a love for classics and Yuliya makes for a great onstage partner. I just hope they're careful. That can be potentially very dangerous to the person in the box.

It's a great looking prop with a classic midnight spook show (1950s era) prop. Any chance you could post a picture of it. I'd love to see it again. I wonder if I shot video of it. I'll check.

Last I saw it it was in Kozak's daddy's garage. I thought you picked it up from there?? I'm assuming that Doc picked it up at Mr. Kozak's house??

Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Where does Kevin Bacon fit in? Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 14:37, Michael J. Douglas wrote:
Where does Kevin Bacon fit in? Smile

He fits in the box perfectly. Smile

raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
Actually Doc gave it to me and if Carl wants it he can have it. I was going to fix it up and use it, but I think my days of large illusion shows are about finished.
Ray

Tabman USA
magicdmv
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
I think that illusion performed to Dolly Parton's "Baby I'm Burning" would make for a great hit!...specially with some added bits for some dark comedy >:)

"Baby I'm burning, outta control, baby I'm burning body and soul, Hot as a pistol of flaming desire, baby I'm burning, you've got me on fire!"
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
PCoreyB

That Axtell Dragon is a really great prop. I have several of his creations and use and love all of them.

Remember if you are not a vent, he does have CDs with several routines. I believe that they are called AxTrax.

http://www.axtell.com/axtrax.html

Here is a dragon clip.

http://www.axtell.com/dragon.html
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
KyleTheGreat and I met up at The Guesthouse Inn after the show Saturday night to record a little BG music for the Magic Valley Magic video. The picture is courtesy of Kyle. He posted it on Facebook earlier.

Kyle is not only a fine and funny magician, he's an expert musician as well.

Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Do we need shirts or some other showing for "I survived the Hill of Death!" ?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- It was a long walk to the EMT's truck!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
Quote:
Do we need shirts or some other showing for "I survived the Hill of Death!" ? [/quote]

An escalator would be nice next year. Or at least a water vendor annex in the arena.

Murf
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:

On 2010-09-15 22:32, murf wrote:

Or at least a water vendor annex in the arena.

[/quote]

This is Alabama... the term you're looking for is hosepipe.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
barneyfife
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of barneyfife
I met E.R. Hutchison and bought a great book for a great price. Hoping to use some of the effects at a future club meeting. Dragon? Blowing smoke? Where was I when all that fun was going on?

Barney
Always in motion is the future
KyletheGreat
View Profile
Special user
Georgia
560 Posts

Profile of KyletheGreat
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 23:11, Michael Baker wrote:
<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER#0750 ALIGN#075CENTER WIDTH#07585%><TR><TD><font size#075-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE#075-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2010-09-15 22:32, murf wrote:

Or at least a water vendor annex in the arena.

This is Alabama... the term you're looking for is hosepipe.
[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only person that calls it a "hosepipe"...everyone always makes fun of me and calls it a "Water Hose" when I use the word in public...I thought it was a common way to refer to it! You've made my day!
Kyle Jarrard
"Entertainment at its Best"

http://www.kylesmagic.com
http://www.hypnobilly.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Magic Valley Magic 2015 --- FREE Magicians' Flea Market, Shows, etc. (Oct. 2-3, 2015) NEW DATE! (38 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..30~31~32 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL