The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Please rate and review my website ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
A big hello to the magic Café , on this hot afternoon in Florida ! I need your advice on my website . All comments either positive or negative are welcome : ).

the web site is as follows : http://www.partiesbyjerry.co.nr <--- I know the first improvement is to make it a . com !

Thanks in advance ,

~Jerry
monstercreations
View Profile
Regular user
England
116 Posts

Profile of monstercreations
Hi Jerry....
I could tell you but you really wouldn't like what I have to say!
Ade
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Hi Jerry,

I just glanced at the home page, and there are quite a few typos. While that may not seem like a big deal, it make the difference between the perception of a professional site and a site that was just thrown together by any old Joe.

Here are the things I noticed on one quick read-through:

Quote:

No problem let Jerry take care of all your entertainment needs!

You need punctuation between "problem" and "let". Perhaps: "No problem! Let Jerry..."

Quote:
♦And much much more !
There should be a comma between the "much" and "much", and no space between "more" and the exclamation point.

Quote:
Jerry's shows are the most comedy packed magic shows in the South Florida area !
"comedy packed" should be "comedy-packed", and again there is a space (that shouldn't be there) between the end of the sentence and the exclamation point.

Quote:
Jerry has worked for
♦Private party's at Kabooms
♦Private party's for Treetops & Markham park
♦Special events at The Weston Town Center
♦ Joe Dimaggio Children's Hospital
♦ River Walk's Boat Show
♦ And many more !

There are several errors here. First, you do not have a space between the bullet and the listing on the first three items, but you do have a space there on the last three. This should be consistent; there should be a space after every bullet. (This also applies to the preceding bullet list). Second, "party's" means "belonging to party", as in "The Guinn party's table is ready." You want the plural of party, which is "parties". Third, once again there is a space before the exclamation point on the last line.

Quote:
Jerry has been preforming and creating memories for almost nine years !

There is that space between the end of the sentence and the punctuation again. Also, "preforming" is not a word. The word you want is "performing" which means "doing" as in "putting on a show".

You can fix all of these things in just a few minutes, and it will go a long way in making your site seem more professional.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Also, Jerry you have been "performing" not "preforming" and my suggestion is to get a trusted friend to help you.
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Mark , thank you for your advice. I would have never noticed , but your right , it does indeed pack a big difference. If ya would check out my all new , redesigned website , that would be great! Its , http://www.partiesbyjerry.com . Thank You.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I think your new website is much better it looks more professional.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
By the way it also looks more upmarket, which might help you attract better clientele and lead to more money.
yeahidomagic
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of yeahidomagic
Thank you ! I also agree , its way better than my old one , such an improvement!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Please rate and review my website ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL