The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Wild at Heart - A Ebook being sold to raise money for heart surgery for Rachel Colombini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi all.

As you may know, sadly Rachel Colombini, the wife of Aldo Colombini, has contracted an infection, and needs $200,000.00 for heart surgery. As well as donating here: http://www.magic4miracles.com/story_2.html and buying some of Aldo's material here: http://www.wildcolombini.com/cart/ , I thought that as magicians, we could all join forces; each submit a trick, and compile all the tricks into one Ebook. We could then sell this Ebook, and ALL the money made from selling it can be donated to Aldo and Rachel.
You can buy the book here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html

Please help out and buy the book, 166 pages, over 40 contributions, for $20!
All the $20 goes to Aldo and Rachel, to make money for heart surgery sadly needed by Rachel. The Heart surgery could cost $200,000.
Rachel and Aldo are great people, and we need to help out some great friends!
Contributors include Gary Jones, Cameron Francis, Jeff Prace, David Gemmell and Ben Harris.
Also, the book will be updated tomorrow with contributions from Rick Maue, Bill Montana and maybe Alan Rorrison!
Thank you so much guys for helping out!
Please buy this and help out Rachel and Aldo!

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Kyle,

I just bought mine. You are really a good guy and God bless you for taking such initiative. Aldo and Rachel have provided the art with SO much, and in the best "Aldo" spirit, you have stepped up to the plate and hit a grand slam!

Folks, just scanning over the contents and the contributors, this looks like a GREAT compilation. But, even if you do not find a SINGLE effect, the cause is a GOOD one. However, I will tell you that a quick read of a couple of random effects - no I won't say which ones - and at least one I will be studying post-haste!!

Kyle, a DEEP bow to you buddy, and a deep bow also to Chris Wasshuber.

THIS is TRULY magicians helping magicians!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks very much for your very kind words!
I hope you enjoy it greatly! Smile

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
If Kyle is the future of magic, then I think all of us can agreee on one thing (and in the Café, that isn't magic--it's a miracle)--our art, passion, vocation, advocation...whatever...will be entrusted to amazing hands and, more importantly, hearts!

Kyle, your actions don't require and skills in cold reading to tell what kind of person you are. Bravo!

I will certainly be buying and I if 999 other members do the same, Rachel will have more than enough for her surgery, and money left over for what all of us hope will be a swift and total recovery.

In fact, instead of merely thanking someone in the Forum for being of great help (a fantastic suggestion, an excellent review or mention , whatever)why not thank them by buying a copy of the book in their honor or, if you already have one, simply by making a donation in that persons honor to Rachel since there is a mechanism set up for that. That's a thanks that gets a thanks back in return. You were helped and someone else was as well.

That, my friends, is truly magic,and here I break the Magician's Code--the secret to that magic is concern, compassion and love!

gary
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
ADDENDUM: Not enough coffee yet. Actually if 999 other members buy the book, that would be great but obviously not enough to hit what's ultimately needed. 9999 members--and we have, what, 43,000 plus?--would be utterly fanastic. But every bit helps and that's what counts.

Now where did I put that calculator . . .
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks very much Gary! Smile

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I bought it too this afternoon and I agree, it's a great purchase, there's no question about it, very good contributions, you won't regret it !

Thanks to Kyle and to all the kind contributors.

Go for it, HIGHLY recommended, and for a very good cause obviously !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks a lot! Smile

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Kyle,

I don't know if you have done so, but, it might be a good idea to call Stan Allen at MAGIC magazine, and Richard Kaufman at Genii.

The more the merrier, and what better cause? Smile

Again, great work. You are good man Kyle. And again, deep thanks to Chris Wasshuber for being the publisher.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

PS: Gary, you are spot on about this young gentleman!! Smile
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Dear Vlad,

I've emailed Magic and will email Genii shortly.
Thanks very much for your lovely comments everyone! Smile
Spread the word!

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I have purchased this today and I really like lots of the material on it so far.
I am looking forward to having a few coffees tomorrow and a sit down with a deck of cards and a few props.

So far, a great effect I have read is Torn with a Reason by Pablo Amirá.
It is ridiculously simple and so usable and strong!

From a full-time magician in England I congratulate you Kyle and you should be very proud of yourself my friend!

Best wishes.

Joel.
davidleiper
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of davidleiper
Picked this up today and look forward to a good read later on.

Congratulations to you Kyle for putting this together and my hopes are that fellow Café members will show their support too.

Cheers

Dave.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Kyle has done a remarkable job gathering and sorting all of this material into a single volume. And, he did it all in a week (or so).? This kid's only 13! He's got the heart, the energy and the love for our art. There is a future! We need more like Kyle! I salute you, young man.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks very much ben! Smile

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Kyle, may I commend you on this effort. I don't know Aldo or Rachel personally but I've enjoyed Aldo's magic from afar for a long time and wish them the best.

I've bought my copy of Wild at Heart. Not only is it an extremely worthy cause, but so far it looks like a great book. Smile

Erik
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Dear Erik,

Thanks so much! Now up to 100 sales! Smile
Tell me what you think of the book! Smile
Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Hi all!
Now 145 sales! Smile
Keep spreading the word

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
The counter says we have 43,829 members as of this post. If every member bought this e-book, the grand total would be 876580 USD.

How amazing that would be!!

I have a feeling Kyle, that when word gets around in the journals, Rings, and Assemblies, this project will see LOTS more sales Smile I believe in miracles and I believe that the magic community will perform a heck of miracle Smile

Great job Kyle and Chris Wasshuber for hosting this e-book!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Thanks a lot Vlad! Smile
We've now got 1 and nearly a second magazine advert, its hopefully being mentioned in IrishMagicNews, Magic Friday, YMC magazine and Magic week.
Keep spreading the word guys! Smile Its now up to 158 sales!

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Please guys spread the word!
Now 171 sales Smile, but declining a bit! Smile
Spread the word! Smile
Out of interest, what are people's favourite effects from the book?

Thanks and best regards,

Kyle MacNeill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Wild at Heart - A Ebook being sold to raise money for heart surgery for Rachel Colombini (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL