The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Vortex (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2532 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Any reviews of this yet? Saw some initial thoughts in the Lounge but was hoping for a more in depth review.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive! Can't wait! I hear it's fantastic!!
asherfox
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Wt I heard, tom stone got some very nice thinking on multiplying Bottles.
However, he stops selling those from his stie.
Is there any multiplying Bottles routines in Vortex?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1344 Posts

Profile of Daren
No multiplying bottles but other fantastic routines are within, benson bowl routine is outstanding, himber ring routine is worth the price of the book, tracking mr fogg superb, a great card routine called elode from memory!! start with a brand new deck, shuffle and you can read minds of two spectators, great stuff!!!!!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Hey Daren. Here's a quick question for you! Can most of the effects be performed in standing situations ala table hopping? I've got David Regal's Approaching Magic and though the book is fantastic a lot of the effects are parlour situation effects. Just wanted to know before it popped in my mail box! =)
jesse_james_mcguire
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jesse_james_mcguire
What is this effect?
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
Quote:
On 2010-06-27 12:51, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Can most of the effects be performed in standing situations ala table hopping?

Lou, it's a great book, but the focus isn't on material for table hopping. It's pretty evenly divided between close-up, parlour and stage. Some of the routines are ideal for table hopping, but certainly not "most".
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
This is a book!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Kozmic Kettle- Thanks for the quick response!!! The reviews for it were superb and it should be here any day! What are your favorite effects from it?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2532 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just ordered. Ordered directly from Stephen Minch and his service was fantastic. Sent immediate emails acknowledging the order and then an email that the book was already packaged and would ship today. First class customer service....which is even more rare these days than great magic books.
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
Quote:
On 2010-06-27 14:50, Lou Cirulli wrote:
What are your favorite effects from it?

Well the handling of Linking Finger Rings is worth the price of the book. Of the close-up stuff, I can see myself using Champagne, and I really like the boldness of Reality Glitch. Concerto for Cutlery is also great ... and there's lots stuff I haven't read properly yet.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3262 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Stephen Minch/Hermetic Press is my favourite publisher bar non... nuff said.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
guitarmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans / Baton Rouge
244 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Outstanding publisher . . . odds are its a great book.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Just got this in the mail! I am completely in love with this book! It is amazing!!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2532 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I'm about half way through the book (can't put it down) and it is absolutely fantastic. From writing style to layout to quality and uniqueness of material, it's near perfection. I immediately jumped to the Benson Bowl routine...fully expecting to find a completely impractical method....and was blown away. One of the best routines I've ever read and the most amazing part...it's completely practical. The final load is as amazing as advertised and much to my surprise the method is genius in its simplicity (I actually laughed out loud at how mindblowlingly creative Stone's solution is).

Bottom line, even if the rest of the book (which I have yet to read) stinks, the only way this doesn't win book of the year (if not book of the last 10 years) is if God releases a book (hopefully through Hermetic Press) entitled "Secrets of the Bible: Revealed"

Bravo.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
2642 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got this last week- I agree with all the other reviews- this book is AWESOME! I HIGHLY recommend buying this. Love how there are tricks for close-up, parlour and stage! All the tricks are workers!

RNK
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
2610 Posts

Profile of insight
More than worth the price of the book.

Regards,
Mike
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1223 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Myself and David Penn have just relooked at this and reviewed it in the latest Wizard Product Review. I even perform a trick out the book. Here is the link to the show, hope it helps

Craig

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%......5hDmKl-w
The Wizard Product review on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/worldmagicshop
The Wizard Product Review is on iTunes: Just search for ‘Wizard Product Review’

SLIM COMING SOON!!!!!
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Hi
Here is the correct link for the Review of Vortex on the Wizard Product Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ15hDmKl-w
Jim
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2532 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Craig's performance of Kings Castling was really cool. Great trick.

ps. Craig, I really like when you or David actually perform a trick during the weekly reviews. The reviews are very helpful but there's just something about actually seeing a trick performed that really puts it over the top.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
459 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On 2010-07-01 12:08, emyers99 wrote:
I immediately jumped to the Benson Bowl routine...fully expecting to find a completely impractical method....and was blown away. One of the best routines I've ever read and the most amazing part...it's completely practical. The final load is as amazing as advertised and much to my surprise the method is genius in its simplicity (I actually laughed out loud at how mindblowlingly creative Stone's solution is).

My friend Robert "Gaston" Dahlström just got his photo in a few newspapers, thanks to the "Benson Burner" from Vortex:
http://www.expressen.se/noje/recensioner......och-ratt
Author of Vortex & Maelstrom
jcsum
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
184 Posts

Profile of jcsum
Another review for an excellent book! http://sexymagicreviews.wordpress.com/20......m-stone/
J C Sum

Author of 'Ultimate Illusion Collection', 'Illusionary Departures', 'The Event Magician'. 'Equilateral', 'Urban Illusions','Pack Flat Illusions for Kids & Family Shows' & 'Behind the Illusions' DVD.

For FREE illusion plan, backstage pass, illusion resources, audio shows, links and catalog of illusion DVDs, books & plans, visit: http://www.illusionbooks.com
helder
View Profile
Special user
588 Posts

Profile of helder
I just ordered from Penguin...now have to wait...

Helder
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5469 Posts

Profile of motown
I just picked this up recenly and am still reading it. What I've read so far is outstanding.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
459 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On 2010-07-01 12:08, emyers99 wrote:
I immediately jumped to the Benson Bowl routine...fully expecting to find a completely impractical method....and was blown away. One of the best routines I've ever read and the most amazing part...it's completely practical. The final load is as amazing as advertised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TfnVdycSuw
Author of Vortex & Maelstrom
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Man, that is killer!

What an amazing final load! And the first phases are not just killing time.

Great routining. The routine builds in both pace and increased effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Vortex (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.201936 seconds, requiring 82 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [8] [6] [6] [1] [5] [2] [7]