The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wow 2.0 - the official info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4616 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2010-09-26 12:10, p:m wrote:
Saysold1,

Yeah I got it from penguin. Came with the official packaging and DVD. 3 Uses and its splitting more than half way down the sides. Cards wont even stay in it every well anymore. Smile

If it's brand new, you should send it back for a replacement. Penguin Magic really have no option but to send you a new one. The sides are likely to split after some time, if you use WOW! a lot. The simple solution is to simply tape up the sides again. Use extra strong clear tape, and it should last for ages. If that tape eventually splits, carefully remove it, clean with alcohol or lighter fuel, and re-apply the tape.
:)
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7291 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2010-09-26 13:16, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-26 12:10, p:m wrote:
Saysold1,

Yeah I got it from penguin. Came with the official packaging and DVD. 3 Uses and its splitting more than half way down the sides. Cards wont even stay in it every well anymore. Smile

If it's brand new, you should send it back for a replacement. Penguin Magic really have no option but to send you a new one. The sides are likely to split after some time, if you use WOW! a lot. The simple solution is to simply tape up the sides again. Use extra strong clear tape, and it should last for ages. If that tape eventually splits, carefully remove it, clean with alcohol or lighter fuel, and re-apply the tape.
:)


That was my issue with WOW 1... Also after a while I saw that making the card appear and disappear was harder too because no matter how hard I tried a faint image was still visible.
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
Hi Guys,

WOW 2 arrived a couple of days ago and it is "WOW" I performed it for my critics (my Wife & Son) and it went exteremly well, however has anybody used WOW in lowlight conditions, any thouhts?

Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I sometimes let them to hold it and I will 'guide' their hand on how to shake is slowly.

First try, I pretend it didn't work or nothing happened. Then, for the second try, I'll ask them to think really hard and picture the chosen card on their minds, then the change happens. A truly magic Smile

And that's true, they will forget about the sleeve. If you treat it as just a regular sleeve, they won't bother about it. Most of the time they will or want to check the card. Somehow they think it's a sticker lol.

The see-through nature of the sleeve is a strong key. What they see is what they believe. So because what they see is the card that changes it's face or back, they will just grab the card.

The sleeve already looks innocent as it's thin and transparent. Of course, to stay on the safe side, you can get the ungimmicked sleeve.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
MartinP.
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of MartinP.
I'm still not sure what type (face down oder face up) of wow 2.0 I should get!
Which one would you say is more impressive?
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2010-11-24 10:39, MartinP. wrote:
I'm still not sure what type (face down oder face up) of wow 2.0 I should get!
Which one would you say is more impressive?


I don't think one is more impressive than the other but I went with the face down so I could do the color changing deck as well as use it for my ACR.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2542 Posts

Profile of Robert M
After experimenting with both versions (FU & FD), I've come to the conclusion that the face up version is the best unless you want to use it as an ambitious card ending.

Just my opinion,
Robert
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
I know some guy said face up version is more visual than face down version. I just want to know if that is just when you compare face down version to face up version. independently, the visual effect from face down version is already shock enough to spectator. Or it is just hard to see the change, even some light restrictoin.
Because I really like the effect based on face down version. What do you think, Robert
huangja
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of huangja
I already owned WOW 1.0. What's the Paul Gertner's cell phone effect? Can I get a description somewhere? Would it work with version 1 or only WOW 2.0?
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of acortest
I already have WOW (face up version, not 2.0), but just ordered this 2.0 face down version from WorldMagicStore. Can't wait to see what routines come on the free companion DVD. I'll bet with a face-up, face-down and ungimmicked sleeve, you can really from some brains!
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Not sure if this has been discussed but there is a really cool hidden bonus effect for wow 2.0

see it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yoVx8Wz_......a_player


it shows the performance and how to access it on the DVD.


-Bobby Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4115 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Best reaction I get is when I get them to hold up the blank sleeve and use their phone to capture their image of them holding, now a picture of them self's with their chosen card showing in the sleeve,blow's them away everytime.
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
181 Posts

Profile of Wardy
I just had to add to this.....This is also great for kids. The first time I took this to a kids party was because the mother who hired me had seen me do the face down version. I just simply get anyone to write or draw on the back of the card and then I blow the writing or picture off. I then point to an item of their clothing that's dark and say I'm going to wipe the writing or picture back on. Took about 20 effects with me, but did this for about 40 mins, all the kids taking it in turns writing and drawing. They couldn't get enough of it. And then the parents had to see it to believe it. I've used it for the last 5 years and not once has someone asked to see it. Maybe because I'm amazed every time it does its thing.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
667 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
I know the thread is kind of old but I am trying to see if anyone has this same issue that I am having. I have the original wow, 2.0 face up, 2.0 face down, and the ungimmicked sleeve and I used to do the this effect all of the time. I don't know if it is me staring at this constantly or the gimmick wears down, but on all 3 versions, you could see the card very nicely through the sleeves when I first used them. But over time it almost seems like it starts to fade out or something and now, when the sleeve is activated sometimes you can barely see anything. Same thing when the card changes into the signed selection. It's now hard to see that too. Has anyone had this same issue? I see there is a "wow blank" now, and in the demo you can see the blank card really good.
mikenewman
View Profile
Special user
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
899 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Great to bring this back up. I'm heading to Denny's Magic here in Baltimore today to purchase.

Looking forward to it. I'm getting the face up version.

Mike
glennn
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of glennn
I've had both Wow and Wow 2.0 for a while now... For what it's worth, I haven't seen the fading that @nattefrost mentions, above - though I do find I have to be a bit more careful with the gimmick now (that it doesn't over-reveal or under-reveal - if that makes sense). It is a bit looser, I guess - but with a bit of care it still looks amazing even after a lot of performances.
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
I just can’t get over the fact that this does not seem like a normal object.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wow 2.0 - the official info (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL