The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Request - Paul Richards Truth (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
You made a very good point about some possible "noise" with a cloth bag. I've not yet performed this as I always like to make sure everything is as perfect as can be. The only way I've found how to get around that is if the bottom of the bag is placed slightly on a table which would account for any discernible noise. Of course if you're standing, well I suppose it would definitely be better to use a paper bag.
But....still working on it!

All in all.....very nice!
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
As I explained in the DVD instructions for Truth, virtually any paper bag will work and these bags are NOT required. However we have recieved requests for the exact bags we use in the effect, so we are now making these refill packs available:

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?key=8420&html=full
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I'm using the crown royal bag and it has worked without a hitch! Love it Paul! Thanks for sharing!
Paul Richards
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Paul Richards
To all those who have purchased Truth...

I’m currently assembling some new ideas and handlings for the gimmick into a small PDF file. I will eventually include this with the item (and of course make it available to those who already purchased it). If you've developed some ideas that you'd like to share, I LOVE to hear from you.

You can get the full details on our blog. Just scroll down to "Nothing But The Truth" at this link:

http://blog.elmwoodmagic.com/
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4777 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Quote:
On 2010-07-14 19:39, czero wrote:
There's a good demo of it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj0aiWEOIxg

--mike

Looks very good. This is on my wish list.
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I like this trick and I just keep the special something on the bottom of the bag so I can literally show my hands naturally empty and then slide off the special something as I open up the bag for the individual to take out the chips. I then load it from there.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1257 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Please don't get too specific about the method. I know you were vague but that's getting borderline. You can always PM someone, Isaiah.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
This is a nice effect. Pretty much plays just as in the demo.
You and your audience will have fun with it!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5181 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-05-05 16:28, Steve Hook wrote:
Please don't get too specific about the method. I know you were vague but that's getting borderline. You can always PM someone, Isaiah.

Well, if he hasn’t posted anything to expose it in the year+ since his last post, I think it's safe!

Jim
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I bought this several years ago and still use it regularly. It's a great effect and with good spectator involvement.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of NeilS
When effects have been out a little while they can fall of the radar.

I know I was the last one to post on this thread but again, last night, I performed Truth and it is as good and entertaining as ever.

It is one of my favourite effects for small gatherings.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I've had my eye on this for years. I just came across it again. I'm curious...

Can the gimmick be used with coins, instead of poker chips?

Also. I looked for it on elmwood, but cannot find it. Is this because of the transfer to penguin? Is this product even still available?

Thanks
Matthew
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
10399 Posts

Profile of John C
Got it. Great. Fantastic value.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1226 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On May 18, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
I've had my eye on this for years. I just came across it again. I'm curious...

Can the gimmick be used with coins, instead of poker chips?

Also. I looked for it on elmwood, but cannot find it. Is this because of the transfer to penguin? Is this product even still available?

Thanks
Matthew

I don't see it available on 5 sites I checked. I'm not sure whether to be happy that I picked this up when I did since it is GREAT, or sad that a great effect no longer seems to be available. More sad, since there's too many mediocre / bad effects out there.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5181 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
^ Agreed.

Jim
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
The AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair Test
10399 Posts

Profile of John C
May show up at penguin soon since Paul's movin in.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Matt Herbert
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Matt Herbert
Paul is selling this item at the live events that he attends. I saw him at an event in Seattle earlier this year and he fooled me completely with this routine. It was an immediate purchase and I could not be happier with the product.
jackbp
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of jackbp
Does anyone know where to buy refill bags for this effect - the link on the Elmwood site is no longer live and I can't seem to find a paper bag which is both black on the outside and on the inside?

Thanks,

Jack
AnthonyJD
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island , N.Y.
340 Posts

Profile of AnthonyJD
Hi drop Paul a line at Paulrichards.com I'm sure he'll help. I met him at live expo on Long Island and purchased this one too.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2297 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Request - Paul Richards Truth (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL