The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Wave By Gary Jones & Mark Bendell (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Gary!

Didn't want to make them before being sure.

Great effect.

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Can we buy this direct from Gary or Mark?

Cheers

Matt
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2011-07-01 15:39, magicmerlz wrote:
Can we buy this direct from Gary or Mark?

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

I don't have any myself but I will check with Mark to see if he has any left. This is with Murphy's so I would imagine it's available from most dealers, your best bet though would be to go directly to Alakazam (UK and USA).

Regards,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Thanks Gary

Alakazam it is then.

Matt
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Is there a jumbo version of this effect?

Thanks,
Marcin
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
After a few years of using this it is still fun to perform.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
I was skeptical at first, but this is a very strong trick.
Members of the public are aware of the one-ahead principle in magic.
The strength of Thought Wave is that the magician cleanly makes two separate predictions in advance, thereby destroying any notion of one-ahead trickery.
And there are no switches required.
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
Will this be restocked at penguin?
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
I hope this will be re stocked, I could do with a couple more sets myself Smile

Gary.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
I have re-made my original deck in a Phoenix DD by Card-Shark.
It make the selection process even fairer. This is still a trick I have in my case, a perform regularly.
rjs
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of rjs
Yes, that's a neat idea.
The spectator can now choose from 52 symbols.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Old thread I know but I got this deck yesterday and I love it,so dam good and so easy to do so you have all the time in theworld to perform a nice steady good presentation.
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Love it too, better than version 1, BUT just one annoying problem : 2 symbols are identical (or almost for one of them) on both sides, in this new version this could have been corrected...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Just received "Thought Wave EXTREME" .... isn't this DETOUR DE FORCE by John Bannon?
chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2016, DavidKenney wrote:
Just received "Thought Wave EXTREME" .... isn't this DETOUR DE FORCE by John Bannon?

No. Nothing like it.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Hmmmm? Curious. "NOTHING" like it? I own both effects and the method is identical.

:S
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
Hmmmm? Curious. "NOTHING" like it? I own both effects and the method is identical.

I used to own John's effect and the method is different, not only is the method different, the effect is also different? The only similarity is, they both have something on the backs of the cards.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

chriscongreave
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of chriscongreave
Quote:

Hmmm, I have John's book and this effect, and it's nothing like it in effect or method. Are you sure you have the right effects?
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Picture: http://www.frankelcostume.com/media/cata.......139.jpg

Positive. Side by side - decks are built the exact same way - except instead of "symbols" you just use a "second set" of card faces.
Top stack is one f____________ bank
bottom stack is a second f________________ bank

the performer makes his predictions and the reverse side of the cards - match

Same

Exact

Effect

You can paint a car green but it's still the same make and model

remember - I am talking about THOUGHT WAVE EXTREME - NOT Thought Wave
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
Picture: http://www.frankelcostume.com/media/cata.......139.jpg

Positive. Side by side - decks are built the exact same way - except instead of "symbols" you just use a "second set" of card faces.
Top stack is one f____________ bank
bottom stack is a second f________________ bank

the performer makes his predictions and the reverse side of the cards - match

Same

Exact

Effect

You can paint a car green but it's still the same make and model

remember - I am talking about THOUGHT WAVE EXTREME - NOT Thought Wave

We can obviously go back and forth with this, yes there is writing on the backs of the cards, they both have that, and predictions are made....this is also used in effects by Paul Curry, Al Baker and many others - and used in the effects like Fred, Oscar, Trilogy, Duality Phil, Phil Plus, Pinapple Surprise and many others. There is a huge difference between the two mentioned.....with Thought Wave the spectator can name ANY symbol and ANY card, no restrictions and no forces. There is no dealing to keep within a certain stack, the spectator just names any symbol out of 52, you then remove the card with their choice on, and then they name any card, you remove that card....You have predicted both outcomes in the eyes of the audience. Different effect and different type of cards used in method, but yes, they both predict the outcomes as in Phil etc.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Thought Wave By Gary Jones & Mark Bendell (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL