The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2010 entrée: Tyler Wilson » » Need feedback on a trick I'm dedicating to you » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Tyler,

Erlandish here. We've chatted by email before regarding some stuff involving Morgan Bondett, some other famous magician, and mayonnaise. At least, I hope it was mayonnaise.

Anyhow, I've been developing a 10 Card Poker Deal trick that I'm going to dedicate to you. Problem is, I can't decide on a title. Any thoughts? Currently I'm leaning towards "Jo Nah Gonna Believe Dis" but there's a lot to be said for "Let the Wookie Win". Any thoughts?
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Tyler Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
Calgary
123 Posts

Profile of Tyler Wilson
Hey Andrew,
Good to hear from you, hombre!

May I ask why I have the honor of the trick dedication? I hardly feel worthy. And what if it's garbage; would I really want my name associated with it? Luckily you're a clever guy, so I probably won't have to worry about that.

Your suggestions are already great, but hmm, here are just a few off the top o' me noggin:

- Jonah's Brother
- Don't Mess With Texas
- Wyoming Hold 'Em
- Deal a Round of Applause
- Make No Mistake
- Cry Me a Flop and a River
- Twilight is a Cinematic Masterpiece

Looking back, most of those are pretty bad. Sorry. They just don't make top o' me noggins like they used to.

Tyler Wilson
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

You got me. I was just trying to win the "Worst Comment/Question" award. I got nothing.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Tyler Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
Calgary
123 Posts

Profile of Tyler Wilson
Hey Andrew,
Then get to work! You owe me a 10-Card Poker Deal.

Just please make it good. I remember seeing a version of the plot a little while back which was laughably bad. I can't remember who it was by, but it was the single most embarrassingly terrible idea for the plot I had ever witnessed. The idea was to make the spectator win every time. Ya know, to take out the "sting." Clearly, the guy missed the ENTIRE point of the plot.

But I know you'll rise to the occasion Andrew. Show me whatcha got!

Tyler Wilson
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Oh, snap.
Tyler Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
Calgary
123 Posts

Profile of Tyler Wilson
Hey Andrew,
Oh no you di' 'int!

Anyway, I found that trick I mentioned earlier: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=159

Now get to work!

Tyler Wilson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2010 entrée: Tyler Wilson » » Need feedback on a trick I'm dedicating to you » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL