The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2010 entrée: Tyler Wilson » » Negative Emotions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Tyler,

As magicians, we are able to provoke emotions from an audience. This can be done from an effect, presentation, or numerous other ways.

Is there a reason/advantage to provoke a negative emotion such as anger, fear, sadness, jealousy, defeat, embarrassment, confusion, or alienation?

Thanks,

Jeff
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I like this question as one thing I love to do is provoke all emotions... I feel it can provide a very memorable experience... I like to scare them, confuse them, and even anger then. This of course all depends on when in my show and where. Making someone feel negatively at the absolute climax of an effect is definitely not desirable.

Anyways, this isn't my question to answer Smile.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2010 entrée: Tyler Wilson » » Negative Emotions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL