The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Jim Steinmeyer's "Hospitality" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
afoi
View Profile
Regular user
malaysia
140 Posts

Profile of afoi
Quote:
On 2003-12-04 02:20, mike_york wrote:
I have come up with a totally different method to the trick. It does not require any chemicals or formulas. I might sell you the concept if interested. I have slid it across the table to some of the big dogs out there. Still yet to see it.

Mike

Mind PM me on this?
- a f o i -
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
The Bay Area of California
2798 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Here is the finished milk carton I developed for the trick with the assistance of a local dairy

The children's magic party and magic class, where

Howie Didit performs the tricks and then teaches the kids "Howie Didit".

Ventriloquist & Children’s Magician. My lips are not moving and there are all kinds of tricks up my sleeves

Creator of the RING-A-Ding Gumball Machine, available through your favorite magic dealer that buys from Murphy’s Magic

The west coast dealer for Jeff Jones's Magic backdrops
Kevinh5
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Kevinh5
Very cool! How many did you have to buy to get them to do that?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
The Bay Area of California
2798 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
They gave them to me empty, I made the lables
The children's magic party and magic class, where

Howie Didit performs the tricks and then teaches the kids "Howie Didit".

Ventriloquist & Children’s Magician. My lips are not moving and there are all kinds of tricks up my sleeves

Creator of the RING-A-Ding Gumball Machine, available through your favorite magic dealer that buys from Murphy’s Magic

The west coast dealer for Jeff Jones's Magic backdrops
zoltan
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of zoltan
Quote:
On 2003-12-04 00:58, Bob Sanders wrote:
I really like this illusion. My ethical problem is that my wife and partner is also a real practicing physician. Passing out the (second batch) magic drinks for sampling is no problem because they are real. My concern is someone drinking one of the "look-a-like" drinks (off stage, by accident, etc.). Does anyone have any very harmless formulas for the fake drinks? Some of mine are not for human consumption.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

or you could just poison your audience like this guy -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNYXSf5WT1E

makes everything sooo much easier Smile
I say in 200 words what most people say in 20.
PetervanRhein
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
62 Posts

Profile of PetervanRhein
There is no second batch of drinks in that video (nor was the audience poisoned) but they all confirmed that the drinks were real.
Was the switch cut from the final video?
john wills
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of john wills
The book about Alan Wakeling gives some very smart answers (also from Jim Steinmeyer)
Martello
View Profile
Regular user
Catskill Mountains
179 Posts

Profile of Martello
Wow, this is an old thread. Just my 2 cents, but I have all of the books that this is published in (Steinmeyer, Wakeling, Atkins) but the real trick is coming up with the correct formula! If anyone can give me something that will work without 20 or more hours of experimentation, I would love to do this on stage. Unfortunately, I could not find the perfect formula after hours/days/months of experimentation The trick itself is simple and Steinmeyer explains it nicely in the Modern Art manuscript, but I have tried so many different p....s, and d....s without real success, that I have given up. even David Charvet's kind offering did no work for me. Any real help, would be greatly appreciated. It is a mind blowing effect if it is presented correctly and the audience believes the drinks being poured into the glasses are in fact real!

Arthur
Escape Artist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Escape Artist
Arthur, I have come up with a simple method to make the drinks that look good, I will PM you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Jim Steinmeyer's "Hospitality" (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.067900 seconds, requiring 34 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [2] [0] [8] [1] [6] [4] [8]