The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question about "Which Hand" type of effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I've recently become interested in "which hand' type of effects. I'm aware of both "Childs Play" and the "Relic". If anyone would care to mention others, I would very much appreciate it. In anyone's opinion, which would be the best for close-up/ strolling?
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Do it for real.
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Know's Nose.
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
In my opinion Duel by Outlaw is the best aas you not only know whcih hand but also which side is up.

regards,
Damon
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
magicFreak2
View Profile
Inner circle
1220 Posts

Profile of magicFreak2
Quote:
On 2010-08-02 15:14, magicFreak2 wrote:
Know's Nose.

Sorry, I meant Nose Knows. Its propless and impromptu.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
The 'nose knows' idea is just one concept that can help you figure out which hand an object is in. There's a lot more you can learn to raise your success by a wide margin.
marklock
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of marklock
Prevaricator by Patrick Redford has a wealth of material on this type of effect, and has a great way to practice the technique via DVD.
s3rg3
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of s3rg3
Ring of Truth (Banacheck)

Impromptu and 100% safe...

Rgds
Serge
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Doing Ring Of Truth in noisy places / walkaround I find to be too complicated. People mis-hear the instructions and get confused if they've had half a pint.
s3rg3
View Profile
New user
Belgium
72 Posts

Profile of s3rg3
Quote:
On 2010-08-02 16:48, bevbevvybev wrote:
Doing Ring Of Truth in noisy places / walkaround I find to be too complicated. People mis-hear the instructions and get confused if they've had half a pint.

Indeed !

With Ring of Truth it is very important to be understood...
Skylippo
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Skylippo
I just saw Jason Alexander's presentation of this effect. Very entertaining. It's on the 2nd volume of Reel Magic.
JonWhite
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of JonWhite
I don't have one (yet) but this looks like a pretty useful tool:

http://www.magictao.co.uk/Factotum-Magne......Thompson
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 05:58, JonWhite wrote:
I don't have one (yet) but this looks like a pretty useful tool:

http://www.magictao.co.uk/Factotum-Magne......Thompson

this device detects a magnet at around 12 inches?
but I guess without a hand! but sounds interesting!
kiki
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I happened upon an interesting idea of Docc Hilford's (in his booklet "The Secrets of Dr. Tao), which after reading the description. His routine entitled "Desire" has a which hand sequence, which is 100% reliable. Basically, an object of desire it written on one of two pieces of paper (the other left blank). Without any standard indentifying methods, you reveal which one is which. It ends with a magick-y revelation that may not suit all, but the structure can be applied to a number of ideas. Very nice indeed. It was worth the price of admission to read Docc's approach.

Just a lateral thought.

Sean
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Theres an incredible subtlety by Minch in one of his older booklets for a 100% hit...at this 50/50 premise
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Looch,

I believe I read about that in Richard Busch's The Busch Factor. If it is the same one, it is very strong for me and garners wonderful reactions.

Thought Channel by Jerome Finley has been a great resource for applying ideas with no gimmicks at all. As was stated above-doing it for real!

-Scott M
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
If you buy ALONE, I've created a routine where you can do "which hand" without a physical object that is hidden in one hand. It is purely mental.

Regards,
Mike
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 08:34, Scott M wrote:
Looch,

I believe I read about that in Richard Busch's The Busch Factor. If it is the same one, it is very strong for me and garners wonderful reactions.

Thought Channel by Jerome Finley has been a great resource for applying ideas with no gimmicks at all. As was stated above-doing it for real!

-Scott M

Hi Scott, I havent read TBF...But if it is, its a wonderful subtlety that ive kept quiet about for years for selfish reasons lol...tbf ive not heard anyone else mention it Smile
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
For the same selfish reasons I have been quiet about! It is SWEET!

-Scott M
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Check Safawan Papers.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Question about "Which Hand" type of effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL