The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Waltzing Cheek to Cheek (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Any reviews on this Joshua Jay effect?

thx,

Tony
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7 years no smoking. And counting
6966 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I was looking at this last night and almost got it. Joshua is a steller dude and always provides great effects, but I was curious what people were thinking about this. I love the Waltz but have never really played with Cheek to Cheek.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2135 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Looks good but the the demo video was a little weird for my taste regarding Josh's interaction with the ladies.(if you know what I mean and I think you do)
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
6966 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL I got a Paul Harris vibe there too. LOL
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
1945 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Anybody got a link to this?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2135 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
digitaltrip
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of digitaltrip
It's also on the Penguin website too...same demo I think.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1892
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
1945 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thanks...I might get have to get this....
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
NickyEvil
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong SAR
36 Posts

Profile of NickyEvil
I get it from penguin before
awesome triumph effect, and instantly reset!
and just a easy sleight of hand!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
6966 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Instantly Reset? Triumph? Im a bit confused, I would think that after the effect before you perform it again you must add a little"MAGIC" at least for the Waltz part.
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of fyi2
For those that have it, would they like to offer a review?

Tony
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1125 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Great trick. The routining is excellent. You can look at this as a triumph/cheek to cheek routine with an anniversary waltz kicker.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1016 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 09:49, paisa23 wrote:
Instantly Reset? Triumph? Im a bit confused, I would think that after the effect before you perform it again you must add a little"MAGIC" at least for the Waltz part.

Nope...Instantly reset. I think Josh said you could do it strolling 8 or 9 times before having to "refresh" the deck. But if you stop and consider the title, you might understand why it is "instantly" reset.

I have been doing the Anniversary Waltz that I first bought at a Doc Eason lecture in 1994 and I believe this is a really cool variation to the effect.

For strolling gigs, this is the best way to do Anniversary Waltz, without the need for a table and without the need to reset from group to group. Perfect for the stand-up cocktail setting. The Triumph effect just makes it a kicker.

For $10, I think you will get your money's worth.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
6966 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thanks Michael, I might have to look into this.
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
579 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Quote:
On 2010-08-03 09:49, paisa23 wrote:

I can confirm that it is instantly resettable. This is a trick that I've used in my walkaround repertoire for a few months and can highly recommend it. It's my closer for my walkaround set for couples and I frequently perform it at weddings.

--Andi
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
2679 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I agree that this is a great variation. The thing I like most is the selection process used. It just makes it seem incredibly clear that two separate cards are chosen. I love the original AW and have several versions, but this will now be my preferred version. It's clean, packs a lot of magic, and instantly resets for walkaround. Even though we already know how it's done, it was still worth the money.

ps. I do have to admit though that I laughed out loud as Josh explained the thing he didn't necessarily like about the original handling and how he solved it with this version. (adding an entire deck vs. adding two cards). Still, I admire the effort Smile
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
383 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
Josh turned me on to this some time ago. It is extremely clever on many fronts. The 'reverse cheek to cheek' concept is a wonderful application. That it can be done in the hands is another huge plus. Instant reset is another.

I guess the thing I have most trouble with is that, like many 'improvements' to the original it adds a kicker to it.. (or that the AW is a kicker to the deck straightening out.. )

I still think that this is a trick that is diminished when a kicker is thrown in. The Anniversary Waltz is a STRONG piece of magic that specs have a hard time getting their mind around to begin with. To throw in a triumph effect along with it is almost too much for the human mind to comprehend.

Please don't take this the wrong way.. Josh's thinking on this is exceedingly clever. I admire his talent greatly. But for me, I think this is 'gilding the lily'.. and if that reference doesn't make sense to you either, google it.

I think the waltz is a stand alone piece that packs a powerful wallop-on its own... I just think adding a triumph dilutes it.

I use it as a special occasion effect, too. Having this set up to do continuously also diminishes the 'special occasion' aspect of it all. "Oh yah, he just did that frickin miracle at our table too!" Having a whole bunch of these cards proliferating the room simply diminishes the effect.

Obviously your mileage may vary. and I think you should try it both ways. I am just sayin', that is way I feel about it.
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Waltzing Cheek to Cheek (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.223991 seconds, requiring 66 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [5] [7] [8] [8] [9] [9] [8]