The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shufton Harris X ray (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2073 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Doug,

The "powers at hand" reek havoc amok the digital domain. We are battling like demons to wrestle this from the hands of the "special powers unit" (SPU). Declassification is in process. Your bounty of crypton is safe.

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Huh???
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1113 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 04:47, Ben Harris wrote:
Doug,

The "powers at hand" reek havoc amok the digital domain. We are battling like demons to wrestle this from the hands of the "special powers unit" (SPU). Declassification is in process. Your bounty of crypton is safe.

Benny

FINALLY...some clarification.

peace, charlie
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
But I'm still confused!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
3673 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
On ben's blog it's an x-ray deck that he's been working on since 08 with Steve
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What's an x-ray deck?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2010-08-12 13:35, daffydoug wrote:
What's an x-ray deck?

Dunno, but I hope Wilhelm Rontgen gets a mention in the credits.
South Coast. England.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
LOL!! I doubt it will be that technologically advanced!
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Wow the blog definatly caught my eye... Sounds great as usual Ben!

Bernardo Rodriguez
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2073 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
"...Not only did I immediately absorb every last detail and nuance employed in the development of the XRAY routine, I was blown away by the number of well known and respected names I encountered that had a collaborative role in its construction.

"...XRAY is an extremely powerful and entertaining effect. Watching Steve Shufton and Ben Harris concoct a recipe for a satisfying and delicious mental effect is as sweet as the frosting on my cake.

"...Do I like it? You bet I do. Highly recommended...."

-- Larry Becker

http://www.wowbound.com/xray001.html
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
eMentalism.com
1634 Posts

Profile of Prager
I am interested Ben.
eMentalism.com: SECRET PRODUCTS FOR MENTALISTS
OliverI
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of OliverI
Out 11th September...so why start this discussion now when there are no details being released by the creators - only riddles?!

Sounds like another attempt at viral marketing to hype a product and boost pre-sale revenue me thinks...I fell for this last time...never again.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'll probably be one that falls, then.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
15100 Posts

Profile of joseph
The 2nd clue will appear on page 20 of this thread.. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2109 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I released an effect once where someone could freely choose a card while you were out of the room and place it in their pocket sight unseen. No one new what the card was. You came back into the room donned your XRay specs and looked into their pocket. You revealed the card with 100% accuracy.

Audiences loved it! I did too but the gimmicks were a pain in the butt to make. So I eventually dropped it.

Wonder if this routine will be similar? Hopefully they came up with a better method than I did.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-08-13 06:54, joseph wrote:
The 2nd clue will appear on page 20 of this thread.. Smile ...

I have a creeping feeling you are right.

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 9:44am
OK. The link is now live. And as we may have guessed it's a tease. Coming Sep 10.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2073 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
The XRAY DECK

Steve Shufton & Ben Harris

"A wonderfully clear cut plot. This is very powerful and appears
utterly impossible." -- Marc Paul

When I was young, my uncle Peter fooled me badly with a simple X-Ray Vision stunt. It played serious havoc with my developing mind. Pete had been using his X-Ray Vision to “see through” the table top in order to identify how many fingers I was holding aloft. He hit it time and time again. I was later crushed, when dad explained that he’d simply been coding the information, to my uncle, via surreptitious foot tapping. In due course it was I who was performing the demonstration, and I’ve been fascinated with the X-Ray Vision plot ever since. My one man show, HELLucinations, is my core act— the one I fall back upon for all of my highly paid professional work. Purporting to replicate the demonstrations of the legendary Dr. Elmer William Bishop, the show commences with some direct and perplexing “card reading” and then quickly moves through a series of unbelievable-looking demonstrations of supposed X-Ray Vision. These, among other demonstrations, include “seeing through” a heavy iron box to reveal which card a spectator has reversed in the deck, AND IT’S EXACT POSITION in said deck. It is a demonstration repeated over and over, the conditions becoming more stringent every time. The show, presented in all seriousness, can play for thirty minutes or an hour and a half. It leaves the audience completely convinced that I have the powers of X-Ray Vision—even with a full disclaimer. This, my friends, is real bread and butter stuff. Secretly, I have always wanted a “casual” demonstration of these supposed powers—something that could be performed with any deck of cards, at any time!

And, that's exactly what we have here, in THE XRAY DECK. Steve has done a wonderful job, completely solving the problem—creating a practical, perform anywhere solution for the effect. He’s then gone on to clearly and concisely detail every nuance of his clever and direct method. Once you fully understand Steve’s approach, you’ll be able to perform The X-Ray Deck anywhere.

Here's what some professional mentalists and scholars have said about THE XRAY DECK:

"Great idea, great routine and great thinking! Another winner!" -- Greg Arce

"Waaa?!?! That is ****ing AWESOME!" -- Jeremy Weiss

"X-RAY is one of the most fantastic effects I have come across. I like simple, easy-to-perform effects that require subtlety and sleight of mind rather than sleight of hand. This is an effect that Al Koran would have been proud to have invented. I can not wait to perform it and I know it is going to become a magical classic." -- Martin Breese

"A wonderfully clear cut plot. This is very powerful and appears utterly impossible." -- Marc Paul

"X-RAY is an amazing effect that also ENTERTAINS the audience. I know the professional performers, with dynamic personalities, will love X-RAY. However, I know X-ray will be a miracle, even when performed by average magicians, just for their friends." -- Steve Dusheck

"Not only did I immediately absorb every last detail and nuance employed in the development of the X-RAY routine, I was blown away by the number of well known and respected names I encountered that had a collaborative role in its construction. X-RAY is an extremely powerful and entertaining effect. Watching Steve Shufton and Ben Harris concoct a recipe for a satisfying and delicious mental effect is as sweet as the frosting on my cake. Do I like it? You bet I do. Highly recommended." -- Larry Becker

Take advantage of the pre-publication offer:
Order NOW for just $16.95

Receive Instant Download Teaser with Introduction & Forword. Final file delivered Sept 10.

http://www.wowbound.com

Did we have some fun?

Benny
+ WOWBOUND.COM
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2762 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Sounds Great! Smile

Kyle
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Benny, you're our hero, man! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!!
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2073 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Daffy,

You are my hero.

Benny
(a free set of Xray Specs have not been sent to ya!)
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Shufton
View Profile
Regular user
California
143 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Clark Kent has nothing on this baby!
Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Don't tease us. Tell us more details!
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Wow I don't know what's betetr the effect, the price, or the fact that you get to put those kool Xray specs on your avatar picture... Hmm
Shufton
View Profile
Regular user
California
143 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Imagine:

A REGULAR deck is removed from the case and shuffled - it is verified that all 52 cards are there - all different. The performer leaves the room (or turns his/her back). Spectator inverts a card in the deck, and seals the deck back in the un-gimmicked box. Performer returns, and NEVER touches the deck. Performer uses X-Ray vision to determine which card is inverted! Still, not EVER touching the deck, the performer delves a little deeper with special X-Ray powers and finally names the position of the card in the deck! The SPECTATOR opens the deck and counts down - and lo and behold, there is the card. Brain cells start to melt from the ears!

Any deck - can even be borrowed! No stooges or confederates. No electronics, mirrors, magnets. The deck and the box are ungimmicked and REAL. No duplicates. No memorized stacks or card stacking systems. Can be done anywhere at anytime!

Best of all, this is a real killer - your spectators will be stunned and have no possible explanation! Highly touted by some of the best names in the business - and so very reasonably priced - even better with the pre-order.

I'm very proud of this one. It has been my little pet for well over a year. I'm so glad that we can finally release it to YOU.
Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2762 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Sounds SO good!
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
eMentalism.com
1634 Posts

Profile of Prager
Great!
eMentalism.com: SECRET PRODUCTS FOR MENTALISTS
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Wow! Thanks Steve! This is the post we have all been waiting for! Of course, you are going to bombed with orders, but when is the release date and the price?
Shufton
View Profile
Regular user
California
143 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Release date is September 10th. You can save a few dollars if you preorder:

http://www.wowbound.com

Just $19.95 but even better with the preorder! Only $16.95!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You just won an order!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12684 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I took the plunge. Ok, Steve and Bennie! Do me! Give me X Ray vision! Bring it on, man!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shufton Harris X ray (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.329154 seconds, requiring 114 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [9] [9] [9] [2] [9] [0] [6]