The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Review 50: Classic Renditions Vol. 2 – Michael Ammar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 50: Classic Renditions Vol. 2 – Michael Ammar

AD:

This series focuses intensly on one specific subject. This is volume 2 of the Classic Renditions series. The subject is "Rubber Band Magic".

Considered to be among the best teaching tapes anywhere, Michael employs his "Super Practice Session" - where you can practice along with him, over and over again, guided by his hands on a blue screen, while Baroque music plays.

Rubber Band magic is fantastic, because it can be (or appear to be) completely impromptu in social situations. This is the kind of material Michael always chooses to do when he's socializing and someone askes "can you show me a trick?".

Michael worked with David Copperfield on a rubber band effect for his 'Great Wall of China' special. Later, David claimed more people called in about the rubber band effect than they did about the Great Wall!

The video teaches in great detail three classic rubber band effects:

THE CRAZYMAN'S HANDCUFFS
A rubber band is stretch between your forefinger and thumb on each hand. You link one with the other, give a tug and the bands appear to just melt right through one another. You repeat from a few different angles, and conclude with allowing the spectator to hold one of the bands and you melt your band through right under there nose!

TRAVELING CASH
A 'rubber ladder' is formed with two stretched rubber bands. A spectator wraps a folded dollar bill around the top strand, and holds on. Then, one by one, the money jumps from the top down, one strand at a time.

THE BROKEN & RESTORED RUBBER BAND
A single rubber band is broken, the outstretched fully to display, then put right back together again! Michael often concluded a rubber band sequence with this one.

And there is a bonus section by John Cornelius.

REVIEW:
One of the few magic videos with a decent music...
Typical Ammar stuff: well-produced, average presentations, superior attention to details (check out the essential quote from Erdnase!). His explanation of the CMH is in my opinion a lot better than Harlan’s handling, and the “practice sections” make the effects really easy to learn.
The video also includes John Cornelius’s Vanishing Nickel, previously marketed as “Fickle Nickel”.

Overall rating: very good

H.
fernandolpo
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of fernandolpo
Hello, I am to practise the Crazy Man's Handcuffs Routine.
Where I can see in net videos on the demonstration of this trick?
Already see the "penguin", but I want to see more examples.
Fernandolpo
[]'Fernandolpo

Abracadabra! ... Puf!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HN Review 50: Classic Renditions Vol. 2 – Michael Ammar (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL