The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lebanon Circle Presents - Crookes' Residual Ectometron - TEASER (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I have always received Outlaw products in a timely manner, but if Algebraic has really been waiting this long, we should support him. Maybe we should wait for Rick to chime in here before anything else is said.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-05-08 22:05, Lucien Astor wrote:
I have always received Outlaw products in a timely manner, but if Algebraic has really been waiting this long, we should support him. Maybe we should wait for Rick to chime in here before anything else is said.

I understand his feelings, and rightfully so. Tim has personally contacted the customer today regarding the RA. The R.A. has been a thorn in our sides for well over a year.
Too many orders in the beginning, and a very complex time consuming machine to build. We underestimated all facets of this product right out of the gate.

We took the paypal button off the R.A. page almost 7 months ago. We're talking with the customer and there are 8 other R.A. customers waiting quite a while too.

I think it's time this thread went back to discussing Dan's wonderful product Smile

Thanks guys
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2012-05-08 04:30, looch wrote:
Next week?

Doomsday 2012
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On 2012-05-08 23:16, Roth wrote:
Too many orders in the beginning, and a very complex time consuming machine to build. We underestimated all facets of this product right out of the gate . . .

erm, not 'all' facets, surely. The bats have been built and shipped to California in a consistently timely manner, often within a week despite taking days to build each one. Every ordered bat is built and standing by to ship even now and has been since within a week of the order being placed.

I take my punctuality very seriously and wish it known that my part of the RA has not been responsible for the delays.

Just to clarify, all facets of the *machine* have proven monumental for Tim to produce (and ultimately monumentally successful to see); the machine itself IS a complex and cumbersome (but wonderful) undertaking.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2012-05-09 18:41, PROF BC wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-08 23:16, Roth wrote:
Too many orders in the beginning, and a very complex time consuming machine to build. We underestimated all facets of this product right out of the gate . . .

erm, not 'all' facets, surely. The bats have been built and shipped to California in a consistently timely manner, often within a week despite taking days to build each one. Every ordered bat is built and standing by to ship even now and has been since within a week of the order being placed.

I take my punctuality very seriously and wish it known that my part of the RA has not been responsible for the delays.

Just to clarify, all facets of the *machine* have proven monumental for Tim to produce (and ultimately monumentally successful to see); the machine itself IS a complex and cumbersome (but wonderful) undertaking.

Prof BC
How much for just the Bat???? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Quote:
On 2012-05-10 10:34, Slim King wrote:
How much for just the Bat???? Smile

Nice animation! Or should I say reanimation?
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
629 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I'd like a bat tooooo! Prof?
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-05-10 09:10, necroloid wrote:
Man! if the RA is this troublesome to produce Rick should just retire it for the same reasons he is retiring Forever.

The device works great, it's the dozens and dozens of orders that came in that have created a long queue.

The fact is, 80% of all orders for the RA have shipped. There are a handful of orders, and they have waited a long time like everyone else, that have not shipped yet.

The paypal button was removed from the RA page quite a while ago.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Back On Topic, I am wondering if Dan has managed to make a traveling case for the ectomtron. I like the RA because it is basicaly built into a case that allows it to be easily portable.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Do you get the DVD of the backstory and all of that too?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Just received my Ectometron today and have spent all day
in rapture at it. It is beautiful and exceeds all expectation.
And once you set it going .... wow! This will really pack a punch.
An extraordinary item. Dan is a genius and I feel very lucky to
own one.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 18:05, papalazarou wrote:
Just received my Ectometron today and have spent all day
in rapture at it. It is beautiful and exceeds all expectation.
And once you set it going .... wow! This will really pack a punch.
An extraordinary item. Dan is a genius and I feel very lucky to
own one.

I saw this demo'd live at Doomsday - it was breathtaking.
Without giving anything away, I think you are in fantastic company Reece owning one! My favourite director has one!
[
papalazarou
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of papalazarou
Aha! Intriguing! Yes, it's an amazing item. I wanted to go to Doomsday, but couldn't make it.
I intend to go next year, if they'll have me!
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Yes! How have I missed commenting on this thread? Dan demonstrated the Ectometron at Doomsday, as docsteve says, and it was extraordinary. Up close as well as from far back in the audience, this thing has real power to enthrall.

I've loved the look of it since it was first posted here, but to see it in person was a revelation. I didn't think it possible that it could be more enchanting than it is in the pictures and videos, but the level of detail and 'presence' the actual piece has can really be experienced only in person.

Dan is an artist of the highest degree, and this is (currently) my vote for his masterpiece (among so many other beautiful creations!) . . . but who knows what he'll wheel out next?

Papalazarou, do go to Doomsday in 2013. You won't be sorry--but book your room at the castle now. I'm not kidding, now; I booked it a year ahead and am very glad I did because they sold out that weekend and a number of the brethren were forced to walk up from the moors . . . eh, Jon?

BC
Phasmologist
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
This thing blew my mind. As has been pointed out, it is one thing to see photos of it, but yet another to see it in the flesh. Superb workmanship and a fascinating concept. It seems to me that the bar is raised almost daily...
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I just received Crookes' Residual Ectometron early this week and I am still quivering with excitement.

Dan's kinetic art work alone in this project is well worth the moola. The best part is my wife can also appreciate it's beauty.

My mind is a realing thinking of ways to make the Ectometron a focal point in one hell of a seance. So far Magic Lanterns and Stereoviewers will definately come into play with this developing performance.

Completely inspired to the spooky side,

Eric
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Am I alone in wondering why posts from Freddy and Dan have become so infrequent?
I for one enjou hearing about the most recent issue of the Mystic Menagerie, of DAns most recent piece of brilliance.
With luck it is no greater problem than they are extremely busy.
I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they return to us very, very soon.

Kotah
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Well, I won't speak for Dan or Freddie, but I think I know why they left the Café for now...
If I am not wrong a new issue of the mystic menagerie will release for the summer.
Quote:
On 2012-06-21 14:58, KOTAH wrote:
Am I alone in wondering why posts from Freddy and Dan have become so infrequent?
I for one enjou hearing about the most recent issue of the Mystic Menagerie, of DAns most recent piece of brilliance.
With luck it is no greater problem than they are extremely busy.
I will be keeping my fingers crossed that they return to us very, very soon.

Kotah
The Great Zardini
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of The Great Zardini
Very late picking up on this but it's brilliant. I cannot wait to see it used by one of the latest generation would be "physical mediums". Although a Spiritualist and a genuine medium I really love this type of magic. I would love to own one and have some fun with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lebanon Circle Presents - Crookes' Residual Ectometron - TEASER (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL