The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The ParaPad by ParaLabs (65 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
Mhhhh... can't remember this detail. Let me check the PDF please.

But anyway...there's no need for this kind of gimmick.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I only got a dvd, not an online PDF and it never said anything about sticky stuff. Not saying I don't believe you - I just never read the PDF. I use a paper clip if it's going to be left with anyone for longer than a few moments. You could easily add some repositional glue or repositional tape as well.

Either way, I don't think hiding the gimmick is really a main part of the design.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@Last Laugh

Where did you got a parapad dvd? I have multiple parapads but never received a dvd.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I bought it from ProMystic.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I bought a 3x3 one from promystic but never got a dvd. I will send them an email. Thanks.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
I think that DVD may not exist Shakuni :/
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@252life

I don't understand. Please clarify. Thanks.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
It definitely does exist. It's Craig and one of the Paralabs guys sitting at a table and going over the pad's features. I have it. DVD says 'ProMystic' on it.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
Yes, that's correct LastLaugh!

Craig an me made the video during a MindVention 4 years ago.

Think there's a internal YouTube link available.

Please contact Craig for more details.

I show some details of the Pad in the 3thrd video of the Wallet.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Err once again the pdf def says and I quote the f**l will stick to the cellophane coated ......and it suggests that it will pass casual examination and if you want to make it stick more use a little moisture I have downloaded it rainer to say that it doesn't need to do that when your instructions says it's designed to do that?.I'm very confused.This is no different than scott creasys f1 pad which I've had about a decade. identical mechanism diff technology.No mention of scott creasy in credits??? Where's scotts pad did lock and didn't make any noises that parapad pdf say others make.I actually loved scotts pad as you could get the peek putting it away but change your mind and have another spec do adding up which I did with mathematical square.They would never find anything .So why does paralabs pdf say it has this cool features when it clearly doesn't.Any one into mentalism any length of time would know of the f1 pad.This product uniqueness is the diff coloured gimmick to anyone else's the handling of the f1 pad is also identical.In your email to me you say it's my presentation. I bought a product that I believed you could hide the gimmick and even says so in your instructions! !!!
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
My friend,

since 2006 my ParaPads work exactly the way the manual describes. The emphasis in our manual is on the work "slightly" sticking together of the covers. And they do ... for ten years now in my pads. And a drop of water (or spit) increases this effect. That's a fact.

As far as Scott's First Impression Pad is concerned - it IS a great pad indeed! And if you read my posts and recommendations over the years on this topic I ALWAYS spoke in highest appreciation about Scott's pad - as I did about John's Butterfly or Thom's Tommy Pad for example. You will have a hard time to find me speaking weak about other creator's work and not appreciating them.

That said you may appreciate as well that we would never copy a locking technology that Scott invented for his pad. So I guess you shouldn't have expected us to do so. This is a matter of ethics.
Apart from this a magnetic locking mechanism would be pretty counterproductive in view of our imp technology - right?

So, we pondered long and thoroughly about alternatives - believe me here. But after all pondering and consultations of many many pro workers who tested our pad before the release (really well-known pro workers who recommend the ParaPad now as it is), we came to the point that you have in hands: slightly sticking covers because of natural adhesive forces which can be increased with moisture if you want to. Even so a regular ParaPad user finds this barely necessary.

After all that said: you are an unsatisfied customer and this is the most important thing. It's not about arguing here in the first instance. You are not happy with your purchase and Rainer offered a full refund already days ago, immediately after you contacted him.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I don't think there's an imp I haven't tried. They are critical for many of my bread and butter routines.

Not sure how many times I have said it...but the ParaPad is simply perfect. It delivers consistent imps over and over again in every lighting situation, no matter what kind of pressure the spectator uses...no matter how small they write. I use one as a back-up for my much more expensive MindBuster. I run five of them during a trade show. I have never -- and I do mean NEVER -- been let down by a single one.

I wouldn't want the fo** to stick to anything. With the barest breath of audience management it's not an issue. Think of how clever the cover design is...and the fact that you can be looking right at the imp -- studying it even -- and the audience thinks the pad is closed.

When Thomas showed me the ParaPad at a MV many years ago, it was love at first sight. (With the pad...not Thomas.) I completely depend on my ParaPads and do so without even a hint of unease.

Let me suggest something if you're unhappy: take an hour and really learn the prop. Practice with it...work with it...really get to know it and I guarantee that you'll have a completely different view of it.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2016, shakuni wrote:
@Last Laugh

Where did you got a parapad dvd? I have multiple parapads but never received a dvd.

Ditto.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thomas, David, great thoughts thx.

The PL guys really set the bar high in all regards.
They clearly strive for excellence.

-Theodore Annemann
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2016, Rainer - ParaLabs wrote:
Yes, that's correct LastLaugh!

Craig an me made the video during a MindVention 4 years ago.

Think there's a internal YouTube link available.

Please contact Craig for more details.

I show some details of the Pad in the 3thrd video of the Wallet.

I got my DVD from ProMystic
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

On Penguin Magic
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@all

I sent an email to Promystic and they told me that they missed the DVD in my package and sent me a link to the video. So there 'is' a video.
Nathan Horne
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Nathan Horne
Theory11 also stocks it now. I ordered one from them and it also comes with a video download with detailed instructions. I've watched the instructions and there are a few performance tips and routine ideas. Franco Pascali hosts the video and also gives you detailed instructions on the workings of the pad/pen and tricks on how to avoid mishaps. Not sure how much of this is in the original manuscript from Paralabs, or if the Theory11 video adds anything.

https://store.theory11.com/products/parapad

I've mailed them and they will also stock refills in the future.

This is actually my first Parapad. Looking forward to trying it out.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2017, Nathan Horne wrote:
Theory11 also stocks it now. I ordered one from them and it also comes with a video download with detailed instructions. I've watched the instructions and there are a few performance tips and routine ideas. Franco Pascali hosts the video and also gives you detailed instructions on the workings of the pad/pen and tricks on how to avoid mishaps. Not sure how much of this is in the original manuscript from Paralabs, or if the Theory11 video adds anything.

https://store.theory11.com/products/parapad

I've mailed them and they will also stock refills in the future.

This is actually my first Parapad. Looking forward to trying it out.

i thought Promystic held the USA rights to sell Paralabs products?
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
All fine here! Smile An amicable agreement between all who are concerned - Craig obviously included. Smile
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Just ordered my third (fourth?) product from PL.
I have the pads for a couple of years, the PL wallet, etc.
And now I finally ordered the Jan Forster edition.
I was going to make up my own, but PL is worth the $$ to know it's been done right.

I did just come across Promystic Ballpoint ParaPen, and I'm very curious.
Specifically in comparison to the marker.

Anyway, hope the days leaving a good impression on all of ya..

(See that? See what I did up there? Hysterical (!) I know.
It's a gift Smile

252KeepingMyNightJob

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The ParaPad by ParaLabs (65 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL