The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The ParaPad by ParaLabs (65 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14~15~16 [Next]
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Got mine today, can only echo what everyone else is saying Wonderful peek and very clear . HeadHacking dispatched very quicky too. Very pleased
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Got rid of my ParaPad, - not quite as good as I hoped IMHO.
Great quick service from Anthony at Head Hacking, but the ParaPad in my oppinion is no where near as good as the John Riggs Beautiful Butterfly, on Butterfly I can use any ballpoint pen and not just the special supplied Sharpie that ParaPad must use.
Also with ParaPad the imp------- is not as clear,its quite thick and blurred,
and the pe-- is more awkward too.

Now I know some will say that a spectator should not need to examine your writing pad, BUT if they did they would quickly find the gimick on ParaPad, But that is not the case with the Butterfly, your spectator could indeed examine your pad and wont find anything.

So many people love this new ParaPad but its just not for me, I'm back with the superb Beautiful Butterfly, - it wins hands down in every respect.

Steve
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Dear Steve,

John's Butterfly is a superb product without a doubt.
And if you feel more comfortable with it than with the ParaPad, all we can do is to be happy with you:
You found your imp device of choice! Smile
Never change a winning team!

But there is one aspect in your comment that surprises me anyway - and this is your remark on the quality of the impression on your ParaPad.
If the impression of the copy is in fact "thick and blurred" as you mentioned then there is obviously something wrong with your pad or the marker.

If you don't feel comfortable with the construction and the handling - well, that's a matter of taste and everybody had to decide regarding his personal preferences as a matter of fact.
But the phenomenon of the impression as you describe is not in line with our usual standards.

Please contact us via email (heine@paralabs.org) and we will find a solution that will satisfy you. Smile

Best
Th.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Well, I got it!!

Even though I ordered the blue one, and I got the smaller black one instead, I am still excited about this product. I am sure Thomas and Rainer will figure out what to do about the extra bucks for the blue one I ordered.

Meanwhile I am thinking about using it for the first time tomorrow at a big presentation I have at a local fancy club, maybe a will use it to read people's minds or maybe to talk to the death...

Giovanni.
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
OHA - shame on us! Smile

Giovanni, today is your lucky day!
You'll get a second pad (in blue!) for free! Smile

Cheers
Th.
tiriri
View Profile
Loyal user
Ecuador
247 Posts

Profile of tiriri
Oh my God!!! Thanks Thomas!! That shows incredibly good customer service Smile

Giovanni.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Further disguise can be added (if YOU think it required) by going around the edges of the covers with a black marker. Makes the covers look (and to an extent, feel) like they are solid plastic. Also adds camouflage. These things being said, this mod IS NOT REQUIRED. Just a nicety. A GREAT DEVICE, Thomas.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
VictorUnNettoyeur
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of VictorUnNettoyeur
I do wish the plastic covering on the covers didn't peel up quite so easily, as it makes switching the gaffed one for the clean one a bit harder. Also, I don't understand why the paralabs URL is on them. I know the site, therefore it's not for my benefit. And I don't want anyone else knowing it, so it isn't for theirs. Still great pads though.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 22:13, VictorUnNettoyeur wrote:
. Also, I don't understand why the paralabs URL is on them. I know the site, therefore it's not for my benefit. And I don't want anyone else knowing it, so it isn't for theirs. Still great pads though.

I advice to you to read what Thomas wrote about it.
It avoid to write 200 times the same things.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-09-29 22:13, VictorUnNettoyeur wrote:
I do wish the plastic covering on the covers didn't peel up quite so easily, as it makes switching the gaffed one for the clean one a bit harder.

Ah ?!!
Lucky you, you're the only one Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
VictorUnNettoyeur
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of VictorUnNettoyeur
Presumably you mean 'unlucky' me.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
The pad could be improved if solid plastic covers were used. I don't normally wear a jacket and it would be useful to carry the pad in a trouser pocket - plastic covers would avoid the bumping, scuffing and peeling that would happen with the current covers.

Mike
Rainer - ParaLabs
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Rainer - ParaLabs
About the cover-foil:

if somebody don't like this foil or they are peeling, easily remove the complete foil from the cover sheets.
We decided to protect the cover with this foil, which can be removed very easely.
On the other side the pad looks like a daily used "something".

We are working on an update, about which we informed by newsletter.
So stay tuned ;-)

cheers
Rainer
(ParaLabs)
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
I love my ParaPad and Thomas and Rainer's customer service is top notch. When I'm not using my CT, I'm using the pad. Its the best imp pad I own and I find that it suits my needs perfectly.

Thank you Thomas and Rainer.

-Ran
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
rmecsw
View Profile
New user
new york
49 Posts

Profile of rmecsw
I received My Parapad today, had some minor technical difficulties that were swiftly resolved by Thomas and
Rainer.I concur that their product is only exceeded by their outstanding customer service.Highly recommended.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Got mine today.....

I cant say anything positive about the pad that already has not been said by better people then myself. Sooo, I will leave you with something that has NOT been said and I feel is VERY important. It was important for me.

ParaPad

Walk up to a crowd of people and remove your pad from your pocket. Open the pad and ask someone to write something on the paper that is still in the pad. You turn your back while they write. You instruct them to remove the paper from the pad and hold the paper to their chest. You take back the pad and CLOSE the pad. You place the pad into your pocket. You then divine their thought. ITS NOT OVER....Someone in the crowd/group says "TRY ME!". You then remove the pad from your pocket, OPEN the pad and have that spectator write a thought on a piece of paper. REPEAT PROCESS WHILE THE CROWD BURNS YOUR HANDS!

Why do I mention this....It has to do with the RESET in the heat of battle AND the natural actions associated with getting the pad back in "fighting" condition. You can do the above process over and over and over and each time getting a clean reset AND your pad is in "working" condition. I feel the process in which I described above is where most pads fall short. The ParaPad solved that problem for me.

Thanks ParaLabs!

BTW....Where is that PAROUTINES at!? Smile

Cozmo
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Just received this. What an incredibly devious device. Simple to use. Recommended without reservation.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I am very happy with my A7 pad.

However, I wanted a specific size as well, so I contacted Paralabs.. In a very short time, I received my custom order. Excellent communication, service and price for a custom job.

Thank you Thomas and Reiner.
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
213 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
I've had my ParaPad (from Headhacking in the UK) for a couple of weeks now and I'm very impressed with it. The peak is just ridiculas. Similar method to the Sniper Pad, but executed much better (due to the clever binding). There's just nothing unnatural. Close the pad and toss it on the table and you know all you need to know.

I think I'd still use John Riggs pads if I were doing pre-show work, but I'm using this in real time at close-up gigs. The impression is great and much better than all the other ma***tic foils.

The one thing that's a bit of a let down with my pad is the surface area of the impression. I'm sure I read somewhere that whole area was covered, but on my pad the foil finishes way before the the binding. This results is the last letter often being drawn outside of the impression area. This is a shame. I know the foil material ParaLabs is using is expensive, but at the same time we are paying a high price for the Pads. They shouldn't scrimp on the material.

It's probably just my Pad though as I've not heard anyone else mention this.

Cozmo D,
How are you re-setting the pad? I've thought of having a 'you know what' attached to my inner breast pocket so that it resets its self as it goes in and out of there. Are you doing something similar?

Cheers
Damian
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I've ordered this based on everyone's recommendations.

It said on the site "Ready for despatch 1 - 2 weeks" so I'll just have to be patient.

I hope it's as good as you all say.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The ParaPad by ParaLabs (65 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14~15~16 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL