The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
braabesflaben
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of braabesflaben
I like the "this and that" card trick a lot, the last card always gets a great reaction.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1877 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I'm performing Strange Travelers a lot lately and it gets great reactions. I count the 20 cards from a regular deck that I first spread to show all cards different so don't take them out of the black wallet.
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 10:35, greymagick wrote:
I actually prefer Double Back (Jon Allen) to NFW. With the latter, I have had people asking me why can't they see the "four jokers" face up in the beginning. The former has cleaner mechanics and the handling can be masked up more effectively (for me at least). Both are great killers when performed right, I just find DB a bit more seamless.

Ya, I don't like NFW for the same reason. The only part of double back that I don't like is putting the two cards face to face without flashing.

I like doing this one now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC5t6evZYiE ... basically the same effect

I say: "for this trick, all you have to do is find one of the queen of clubs. see, there's one of them on the top. and it gets even easier, because the bottom card is also the queen of clubs. and you really shouldn't have any problem finding a queen of clubs, because the two middle cards are queen of clubs also. but it's actually trickier than you think, because this card is a 5 of hearts, this card is a 5 of hearts, and these two cards are 5 of hearts".

I think it's a descent routine because the spectator sort of understands why you just don't freely show all the cards face up at once by playing it off a guessing game where you have to "find the queen" and that's why they're all face down and hidden. but the spectator still thinks they've seen all 4 queens... and they know that they've definitely seen 2 there at the end at the same time. I also think it's a bit easier to perform than NFW and double back.
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
621 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
I'm a little disappointed not to have heard more love for Sympathetic Aces (I think I saw it mentioned once). I don't know how many packets of this Emerson & West classic I have worn out over the years. The cards were crap and would fade almost before your eyes, but I love the story and it's so very visual. I still have a pack for walk around at civil unions. I wish I could find some more!
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Virginia City Shuffle is an awesome packet trick. It is fun to perform and spectators love it. You can end completely clean with all the cards in their hands.
Harald
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Harald
Jumping Gemini! Just four normal cards you get a lot of milage out
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6779 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Just a heads up that I'm having a huge sale on my website right now. A lot of cool packet trick downloads. Some for only $3! (They were originally $10). Click on my profile to see my web address.
Moment's Notice 10: Six Impromptu Card Effects Available Now!
http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-10.html
macca_accam
View Profile
New user
Australia
67 Posts

Profile of macca_accam
Another Vote for NFW & Jumping Gemini
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Trik Cards by Nick Trost
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
John Bannon's Spin Doctor.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
I like to routine these together in this order:

Swirl Production - Eric Jones
Bolder assembly - Ben Train (ending with two 4 of a kind)
Reset cube - Yoann
The queens - D&D
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
I started this thread with Alex Elmsley's Dazzle and I still feel the same way about it - this is the best packet trick of all time! Watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck9LFEfZRGI Smile.
dbriegs
View Profile
New user
NJ
61 Posts

Profile of dbriegs
B'Wave is the only packet trick I ALWAYS carry with me. That gets my vote. Slays 'em every time.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7719 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yep, B'Wave is a great one alright...I carry it too, for years now. Smile

Easy to do and it's simply good presentation that sells its enduring amazement.

Not sure it's the best or anything but it's definitely one of them...Definitely in the to 10, which is remarkable in itself. Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Twisted by Eric Jones is the only gaffed packet trick I carry, but I have several impromptu ones that are really fun
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1417 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This past year "Mega Wave" by John Bannon is my go to Packet trick. Plus he gave me an on camera credit for the alternative handling he describes which was a huge honor for me!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2402 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
I don't think I've left the house in the last 10 years without carrying 2 Jokers and a Queen for 3 Card Monte:

1) If I'm ever kidnapped, transported to a different country, and make a daring escape- I can make enough money to get back home with my 3 cards (after making a couple of friends Smile )

2) If someone asks to see a trick, I can straight up pull it out and perform it.

3) If I want to bring magic into the conversation, I begin by asking about places we've all travel led- talk about hustles- mention I can demonstrate.

My 3 cents,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
YangPyeong, South Korea
2726 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Quote:
On 2012-01-25 16:37, theatfusatfus wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP1Ru-4F4IU

I really enjoyed that.
KSan
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of KSan
My favourites:
Red Herring - Paul Gordon
4 card trick - Alex Elmsley
Bullet Party - John Bannon
Dr.Daley's Last Trick
Twisting the aces - Dai Vernon
Marked - John Cornelius

:)
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4402 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2012-01-08 20:19, that'sJustWrong! wrote:
I'm a little disappointed not to have heard more love for Sympathetic Aces (I think I saw it mentioned once). I don't know how many packets of this Emerson & West classic I have worn out over the years. The cards were crap and would fade almost before your eyes, but I love the story and it's so very visual. I still have a pack for walk around at civil unions. I wish I could find some more!

This is probably because there have been updated versions of the plot like John Bannon's
"Royal Scam" that you should check out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL