The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..24~25~26 [Next]
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3510 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On 2013-03-29 16:35, Merc Man wrote:
The best packet trick of all time, in my honest opinion, has to be Peter Kane's Gypsy's Curse.

Watch this performance by the Dutch Master himself, Mr. Fred Kaps, for Bro. John Hamman and admire the true, unique brilliance of Kaps by performing it in his own, inimitable style (not to mention his own, particular take upon Bro. John's Hamman Count).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufyCwkc0M6I

This, in my honest opinion, is at the absolute pinnacle of packet tricks. Colour Monte isn't fit to clean it's boots! Smile

Thanks for the link.
mercedesrules
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of mercedesrules
Quote:
On 2013-02-09 16:41, virtualwizard wrote:
Where can I find Henry Evans, Impossible Divination?

......I can't find it either.
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Macphail
Color monte is always a favourite of mine, because it was the first one I learned.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 12:04, macphail wrote:
Color monte is always a favourite of mine, because it was the first one I learned.

Yes, but do you think it the best packet trick of all time?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2013-06-05 03:28, Merc Man wrote:
Hi MB (great initials by the way). Smile

NFW. - never performed it as, got to be honest, cards turning face up/face down actually make my eyes glaze over. That said, I've always seen rave reviews.

Yep - Gypsy's Curse is an older trick (from the 1970's). That said, linking rings and cups & balls are even older.............but do you know what?

Thanks Merc, Smile

NFW goes by pretty quickly as an effect, nowhere as long as Gypsy Curse. I happen not to like a lot of the effects that bring together way too much twisting and turning either but NFW has a real nice play and feel to it, good movement (not too repetitive at all and it's done way before you begin to glaze-out) Smile of the cards toward some really awesome magic. Smile It's worth a try and I think you'll love it.

As to Gypsy Curse, well, it's an oldie but goodie for sure. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Colour Monte gets my vote.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 17:21, Paul wrote:
Quote:

Have to agree with your question of this Paul. Smile

While Color Monte is a good trick, in a list of best packet trick of all time, though many do the effect, I would think it would not be listed in any legit Top 5 or 10. It may be a "favorite" for many but "Best," I wouldn't think so. I know "Best" is subjective but with all due respect, I think there are a quite a few better than Color Monte. Smile Sorta like going to an Audi dealer and falling in love with a Jeep on the lot...I guess it could happen but... Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Macphail
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Macphail
Quote:
On 2013-06-10 17:21, Paul wrote:
Quote:

I don't know. I haven't seen every packet trick. But deciding on the criteria would be interesting. Ease of performance, power of the effect, ability to reset quickly, how many sold, how often performed...

I don't really use packet tricks because I don't like spectators seeing obviously gaffed cards and thinking--"well, that's how all tricks work, isn't it? The card can look anyway they like." The great thing about color monte is that it doesn't play around with the standard shapes of the suits and has a stunning close. Sleights are easy, reset brainless, and one can pass everything out for inspection. Plus it's a whimsical take on an old swindle.

Yes, I've talked myself into it...Color monte is the best one of all time (that I know about!) Cheers!

:bikes:
Jesse K
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
133 Posts

Profile of Jesse K
Any video links to the Color monte? If it is indeed Best of them all.
Sounds like it really would be my new favorite. Smile
Heart full of Rock 'n' Roll and Magic.

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.kervinen.1
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Well, here'a clip to the latest marketed version of the effect:
http://www.previewmagic.com/yedid-jumboquickmonte.html
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The Last Trick Of Dr. Jacob Daley is one of the best, because it happens in their hands.
Shayde Phoenix
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
116 Posts

Profile of Shayde Phoenix
There are many great packet tricks out there and it is hard to pick a favorite. But if I have to pick just one, then I choose Nick Trost's "Trick Kards".
fregis
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of fregis
I love Strange Traveller !
No sleight of hands. Easy to perform.
fregis
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of fregis
...twisted sisters is nice too
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Just off the top of my head and in no particular order. I literally have these in packet cases every time I leave my house.

8 card brainwave
Double Back
Twisted Sisters
Wild Card
ACES (Sanders)
Jesters (Aldo Colombini)
Twisting Aces
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2013-07-07 13:40, TheMag1cian wrote:
Just off the top of my head and in no particular order. I literally have these in packet cases every time I leave my house.

8 card brainwave
Double Back
Twisted Sisters
Wild Card
ACES (Sanders)
Jesters (Aldo Colombini)
Twisting Aces

Isn't Jesters Peter Kane's? Where they change color?
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-07-11 09:36, Paul wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-07 13:40, TheMag1cian wrote:

8 card brainwave
Double Back
Twisted Sisters
Wild Card
ACES (Sanders)
Jesters (Aldo Colombini)
Twisting Aces

I learned it off of Aldo Colombini's "True Magic". It;s the second effect on the DVD I dvd I believe. Extremely visual color changes. Love it.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 14:56, sohaib wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-12 04:23, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-13 09:04, magicgettogether wrote:
Trik Cards by Nick Trost

+1. By a mile.

My #1 is still Dazzle, but this is in the Top 10 for sure

Here's a performance for those who haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otg8VhR5dwE Smile

Hi Sohaib,

I know I have Dazzle, but I don't remember where? Would you mind providing a citation? (I am thinking it is in the Elmsley books, but, maybe not. Smile )

BTW, nice work!!!
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Vlad ,

You are on the right track. The Dazzle Act is at the end of the Collected Works Vol 2. Dazzle is just part of the act. Page 463.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
[/quote]

I learned it off of Aldo Colombini's "True Magic". It;s the second effect on the DVD I dvd I believe. Extremely visual color changes. Love it.
[/quote]

Yes, it's Peter's. Sometimes called The Court Jesters or Blushing Jokers. One place it can be found is his book "Kane". J. K. Hartman also has a variation which is either in Card Craft or Trickery Treats. Before the book publication I think it appeared in The Last Heirophant with some further thoughts by Jon Racherbaumer. the exact references are probably in that book "Small But Deadly". :0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (58 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..24~25~26 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL