The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
7719 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Man, this string is still happening??? Smile

I think, like my buddy Vlad here above, I was also part of this back in 2010...Long time. Smile

And basically, I guess I still feel about the same, as to what's best and what's your favorite as to packet tricks.

I still like NFW, B'Wave and Doc Daley, but would add the classic "Double Back" and would throw in an off beat piece like "The World's Fastest Card Trick." And even "Capitulating Queens" is pretty nice and fun to do.

Now, as to what I do now (about 7yrs later)?...It's something I had never done much before..."Twisting The Aces." Smile I know, I know, I'm late to the party yet again... Smile But this trick has come to be my go to packet trick. It's so simple, engaging, pretty easy to do and very magical. In short, it's a darn near perfect effect to do on the spot, and most times just about the only one I play with and perform. Seems to be more than enough. Smile

...And I would also say that another offbeat trick has found its way to my hands, and I like doing it very much..."Find The Queen" by Assad (52Cards). Just a marvelous little presentation of the Monte variety. I like it because it's not really a trick you simply present, but you explain how it's done and involve them into it, or something like that. Smile Anyway, it's fun to do, has a good little handling to it, and always plays well for me. Smile

So, I guess I have evolved some, but there are so many wonderful packet tricks out there, and that's a really good thing. Smile
*Check out my latest: Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
dsleasman
View Profile
New user
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
23 Posts

Profile of dsleasman
When I am at those very special occasions and the time feels just right, I will pull out Miracle Monte by Wolfgang Moser and it never fails to amaze.
"If you want something from an audience, you give blood to their fantasies. It's the ultimate hustle." -Marlon Brando
DadwithAPen
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
38 Posts

Profile of DadwithAPen
My all time favorite: Daryl's Cardboard Chamelons
Woodini
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Woodini
I keep two packet tricks on me and ready to go at all times. First is Card Warp, and the second is Cascade by Walton. You can do both sitting or standing, and surrounded is no problem. I have been doing my version of these for thirty years, and they still play very strong after all this time.
Leo H
View Profile
Special user
972 Posts

Profile of Leo H
My vote goes to You Must Have Been Drinking. But classic
ungaffed packet effects are near and dear to me as well.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
I like stand up monte and variations of the princess card trick principle.
SHMagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of SHMagic
If we are talking about gimmicked packet tricks, my favorite, and one that I have used for years is NFW.

If we are talking about an ungimmicked packet, I am a fan of 8-card brainwave, reset w/ a twist (Gregory Wilson's handeling of Paul Harris' effect), and Jazz Aces.
Chollet
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I have been doing three packet tricks as a set for years. Twisting the Aces, Daley's Last Trick and Card Warp. I think the three play together really well (Ammar has a routine wherein he explains the cards ability to turn over / move and it frames the set really well). No gaffs, which is great (unless you consider Card Warp to have a gaff - I don't as it uses regular cards).

For a gaffed effect I like B'Wave along with just about everyone else, and am (finally) working on Standup Monte.
MitchC
View Profile
Veteran user
Ventura CA
351 Posts

Profile of MitchC
B'Wave is a go-to. Recently added 'Printing' by Joshua Jay on his Close Up, Up Close Vol 2 DVD. Get's a GREAT spectator reaction.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Veteran user
prototype
356 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
I still love "Factory Misprints" JC Wagner.

It's 3 tricks in 1.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2102 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Spin Doctor. Corner of Piccadilly. Capitulating Queens.

Hands down to these three in my opinion. The use of regular cards is the one that gives more kick into each of these routines.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Jack Skipton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
I love this thread AND packet tricks.

My faves would be Twisting the Aces plus Last Trick of Dr Daley, Entourage, B'wave, stand up monte and Factory misprints.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
3718 Posts

Profile of Sixten
For all that love "Oil & Water" effects, as I do. Have many, and you want (totally) examinable, (Clean! Clean! Clean!) invest $10.00, just for item #!:

Mr. Aldo Colombini's (R.I.P.) "Oil and Water 1": Mr. Nick Trost's (R.I.P.):
"14-Card Oil and Water." (A download-WMV + MP4)
Hopefully, this will work: https://www.lybrary.com/oil-and-water-1-p-118656.html

My absolute favorite.

Smile
drolleric
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of drolleric
About Oil and water
Check my post here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=639236
Wordsworth
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2017, Rick Holcombe wrote:
I still love "Factory Misprints" JC Wagner.

It's 3 tricks in 1.

This is a very underrated effect, despite having been taught in the Ammar Card Miracles series.
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
I like Walton's Cascade and the Ronnay effects (Color Vision, Alpine Travelers, Sympathetic Cards, and Wild Wild 2000).
Chris03
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Chris03
Best packet trick of all time, probably not, but I like to perform it :"Nervous Breakdown" by Dominique Duvivier, you can find it in "Magie Duvivier" by Jon Racherbaumer.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
New user
Randolph NJ
10 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Color Monte has always been near and dear to me as it was the first thing I ever bought in a magic shop (remember those?) and I still love it today 30 years later! Is it the greatest packet trick ever? I don't know, but to me it's tough to beat. I'm also a huge fan of 8 card brainwave and card warp. I have also been known to perform the Sidewalk Shuffle although with the jumbo cards it's more of a parlor/stage effect so maybe that's why it hasn't gotten a lot of mention in this thread, but that's a great one as well!

Glenn
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3272 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
My two favorites are my versions of the gimmickless color monte and twisting the Aces.

My color monte is based on, and pretty close to Garret Thomas' color monte. The only difference is I had to change it up a bit because I have it in a gimmicked packet trick holder along with Dan Harlan's Vortex.

My Twisting the Aces uses the original moves, unchanged, just with different cards, not the Aces, and a different patter.

KJ
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3314 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Wow, this is a long runner, Way back in October 2010, I favoured John Bannon's "Twisted Sisters". Since then, I've seen nothing to beat that, as a standalone packet trick, until John unearthed "Duplicity." Well that has replaced "Twisted Sisters" in my repertoire. As for a 'packet trick' from a deck of cards, it has to be Max Maven's "Masque" from his book "Focus" (which I think was under his Phil Goldstein name) I include "Masque" as it neatly follows on and uses the same spectators from John Bannon's "Timely Departure."
Wenger MUST go!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL