The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..24~25~26 [Next]
alibaba
View Profile
Loyal user
Hawaii
280 Posts

Profile of alibaba
Yes, I believe it is. I did this last night at a party and got audible ooh's and aah's. A wonderful routine.

Quote:
On 2011-04-02 06:20, joseph wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-09 00:26, alibaba wrote:
Has no one mentioned Ultimate Carte Folles by JP Vallarino? I've been working on this incredibly beautiful routine for a month now and it's a joy, a wonderful routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BjK_n7UHwE

Is that the same as his Wild Card routine? ...
I'm as real as you think I am
juggernought
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of juggernought
Two Absolute Killers:

1. Twins (Bro John)
2. Dr Daley's last trick using the gemini count (bro john hamman's count)

Most of Bro John's packet tricks are excellent. Im sure you will find some favorites in his book. I recommend you check it out for good packet tricks.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Just discovered John Guastaferro's Intuition/Out of the Blue. Mini-Hofinzer, backs change, and Reset all combined. Done with ordinary cards. Will take work to perfect.
greymagick
View Profile
New user
Spain
53 Posts

Profile of greymagick
I actually prefer Double Back (Jon Allen) to NFW. With the latter, I have had people asking me why can't they see the "four jokers" face up in the beginning. The former has cleaner mechanics and the handling can be masked up more effectively (for me at least). Both are great killers when performed right, I just find DB a bit more seamless.
- Grey
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I'm partial to B'Wave, Entourage, and a few Nick Trost items you have to make up yourself from his first book.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I followed some of the advice on page 4 of this thread. I did Color Monte after culling the cards from a regular deck. Didn't go over very well. Not sure what the problem was. Help.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
EVILDAN,

Do you have success with this trick otherwise? Although I'm not much for toting packets, I do carry Color Monte with me--I don't use cards from the deck. My final reveal is a bright green facer. I actually don't think I would perform this trick without it--it's such a stunner, and the ridiculous color contributes a lot to that moment. If you're using ungaffed cards, and not getting the response you want, I would suggest trying using a brightly colored card and see if it makes a difference.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 10:35, greymagick wrote:
I actually prefer Double Back (Jon Allen) to NFW. With the latter, I have had people asking me why can't they see the "four jokers" face up in the beginning. The former has cleaner mechanics and the handling can be masked up more effectively (for me at least). Both are great killers when performed right, I just find DB a bit more seamless.
Agreed. I always found the handling of NFW a problem.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Id have to pick Wild Card I guess that was the first effect I performed as a grown up
velcrowe
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of velcrowe
Quote:
On 2011-05-14 07:25, Phil J. wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 10:35, greymagick wrote:
Agreed. I always found the handling of NFW a problem.

There is a method to show all four jokers at the beginning, but I've never used it.

I've done NFW hundreds of times and I've never had someone trace back and ask why they couldn't see all four jokers at the beginning.

One packet trick I've seriously underestimated is Duplicity. I'm not sure why I thought this way, but I never thought it would get great reactions or replace any of the packet tricks I do. I've done it a couple times in the last few weeks and it just absolutely FRIES people. Incredible effect.
TTrushin
View Profile
Regular user
USA
188 Posts

Profile of TTrushin
Corner of Piccadilly by Paul Gordon is excellent! Fast, instant reset, examinable at the end, two sleights (elmsley count and DL), and it is easy for anyone to understand.

I keep the cards in my wallet.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Damian, I was just joking around about culling the Color Monte cards from a regular deck.

I perform this all the time and it kills. And it kills me how many people have NOT seen this trick even though it's supposedly the best selling packet trick of all time.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
Has no one mentioned Ultimate Carte Folles by JP Vallarino? I've been working on this incredibly beautiful routine for a month now and it's a joy, a wonderful routine.

At the site where it's for sale, the ad says: "You can leave the cards for examination"
Can that be right?
http://www.artecoproductions.com/ultimat......ino.html
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 04:24, writeall wrote:
Quote:

At the site where it's for sale, the ad says: "You can leave the cards for examination"
Can that be right?
http://www.artecoproductions.com/ultimat......ino.html

Watch the clip again and you'll answer your own question, at least if you've ever performed any version of Wild Card. Beautiful sequence of moves though.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2011-03-03 02:14, PaulPacific wrote:
About packet tricks, The Amazing Kreskin once said to me, "Don't anybody show me a card trick-especially if it comes in a little plastic wallet!"

I can't see that has anything to do with the thread, but perhaps someone tried to show him one when he was trying to find his paycheck (or after he failed to find his check and was in a bad mood).

Paul.
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
Strictly speaking, not a packet trick since it uses postcards, but I really like Doug Higley's "3 No Evil".
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 10:51, Paul wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-15 04:24, writeall wrote:
Can that be right?

Watch the clip again and you'll answer your own question, at least if you've ever performed any version of Wild Card. Beautiful sequence of moves though.

Well, the answer I came up with was "No, they cannot examine the cards." But, I was willing to be wrong. I'm a fan of Tommy Wonder's version.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Back in March, I asked Arteco about the examination of the cards and it here is their response:

"As per the card examination, there are two methods explained in the DVD, so I will correct the description. I do not want to have the people being confused."

They never did change the description.
sohaib
View Profile
Special user
San Ramon, CA
577 Posts

Profile of sohaib
What a great thread! I'm still going with Alex Elmsley's Dazzle - the only thing is it's not examinable at the end. I would love to make this "fractal" as John Bannon puts it. Let me see if I can work something out Smile.

Sohaib
David Acer
View Profile
V.I.P.
177 Posts

Profile of David Acer
Another vote for Darwin Ortiz's "Jumping Gemini" (Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table, pg 141). Sooooo much magic using only four ungimmicked cards. Makes you feel powerful, like Thor. Or Loki. Or at least one of the Weasleys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (58 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..24~25~26 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL