The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25~26 [Next]
lwarren
View Profile
New user
Overland Park, KS
10 Posts

Profile of lwarren
Stand Up Monte by Garret Thomas is my go to. Lots of magic happening in that routine and you could essentially stop at any phase and the spectator will still be amazed. I recently picked up B'Wave from Penguin because it's nice to hear Max's thoughts, psychology, and pointers on the trick. Good information there.
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Stand Up Monte - its a lot of magic and gets a lot of great reactions.
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Also if you get the extension DVD by Garret Thomas there are even more ideas on how to extend or shorten the performance and add advanced moves if you wish.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
My favorite is still Jumping Gemini. Take the cards from a regular deck and go. However, now that I've been using it for a while, Double Back is also a real favorite.
S.V.C
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of S.V.C
I'd also vote on stand up monte.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I use NFW regularly and it never fails to kill, so that would have to be where my vote goes.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Duplicity
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Duplicity is a great effect as mentioned ( although my favourite is still Dr Daley's ) a quick question to those who perform Duplicity do you use the underground EC as taught as personally I prefer to start with a JC as it's more natural ?
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
I don't know if its the best packet trick, but with John Bannon's "Duplicity" I always got great reactions.

another great one is Roy Walton's "Kaleidoscope".
maybe its nothing special, but it just fits me.

bye
sennheiser
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2018, sennheiser wrote:
I don't know if its the best packet trick, but with John Bannon's "Duplicity" I always got great reactions.

bye
sennheiser

But do you use the Elmsley count as taught or do you use the Jordon count which looks more natural ?
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2018, warren wrote:
But do you use the Elmsley count as taught or do you use the Jordon count which looks more natural ?

I use the Emlsley like taught.
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
Went through the entire thread and no mention to Dan Harlan’s Hold It Buster? It took me ages to rewrite the puns so it would work in other languages, but it’s so entertaining it’s worth the effort. He recently taught it in his last Penguin Lecture. Have a look. Also voting for B’wave and NFW, always in my wallet. Stay tuned for an upcoming release of my take on B’wave. We stand on the shoulders of giants, but I think I have found a way to remove the équivoque still keeping the same effect (odd back and blank cards). I’m waiting to release it until I’m 100% sure there isn’t another one with the same method. Also, another vote for Masque (Maven) and Gypsy Curse (I do the Kaps presentation and I love it).
Gennovense
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
Bwave and Stand Up Monte.
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
Warren, that is why the Café is so great for novices like me - I immediately pulled out Duplicity (I create a dollar bill band around the cards - Bob Neale fold demonstrated by Larry Haas in a Penguin lecture) and practiced it with my Jordan count. It works!
It will be useful if I am also using a different trick using the Elmsley Count

But my favorite packet trick, that made me say "I want to be able to do that) has to be Alex Elmsleys Dazzle (.. or John Bannons Royal Scam ... or NFW ... or .... 4/3 card monte https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Fw0vAtXec )

Great thread to track down new effects. Thanks Café!
Paul24243
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Paul24243
Undoubtably the greatest packet trick EVER in my opinion is TAMED CARDS by the late and great Tommy Wonder.
Other favourites are..
Gypsy Monte by Paul Wilson, another superb effect.
Follow Me..yourself and a volunteer with four cards each, showing my age here ..I first saw this on the Paul Daniels show and have used it ever since.
Also of course from Gary Freed NFW a popular choice and rightly so.
Gennovense
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
View to skill is really good. Walk on the wild side by Dan Harlan is also great.
JETlivesOn
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of JETlivesOn
I always get awesome reactions when performing In the Middle by Mark Mason.
chinablue
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of chinablue
I used to work in a prison for young offender as when I performed NFW it really blew them away.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Twisting the Aces (my version).
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Hi Darko,

Is your version of Twisting the Aces different in effect from the Vernon version?

Thanks,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best packet trick of all time (58 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25~26 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL