The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Wow 1.0 or Wow 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
neomaster
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of neomaster
What is the difference of First Wow and the Second Wow?
because I don't want to buy Wow 2.0 if its has almost similar effect to the first wow.
Thank you...
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
It's cheaper and creates new possibilities.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
There are two versions of WOW 2.0 I guess. One if facing up and the other one is facing down.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
The original WOW (which is GREAT) is a face up card whereas 2.0 shows the back of a card (red or blue depending on which you order). Both are fantastic and have unlimited possibilities. I would get Wow 2.0 from World Magic as it comes with an extra DVD by Craig Petty and David Penn with some additional, and I might add, great ideas. In my mind, absolutely mind boggling and VERY visual. I would also go for the added expense of investing in the un-gimmicked Wow sleeve. Please NOTE: Wow 2.0 is not an improved version of the original Wow per say, but just a different alternative. Both are great in their own application.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
OK I have a goofy question - just got WOW 2 (face down) and wanted to confirm how the extra little plastic "sleeve" with the adhesive on either side should be applied as I don't want to screw it up.

I'm assuming it is for the card to be inserted in between the main sleeve and the extra plastic sleeve - right?

Which side does this adhesive plastic sleeve go on?

I dunno, I didn't see it on the DVD or any instructions...

Thanks folks!

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-09-14 21:35, saysold1 wrote:
OK I have a goofy question - just got WOW 2 (face down) and wanted to confirm how the extra little plastic "sleeve" with the adhesive on either side should be applied as I don't want to screw it up.

I'm assuming it is for the card to be inserted in between the main sleeve and the extra plastic sleeve - right?

Which side does this adhesive plastic sleeve go on?

I dunno, I didn't see it on the DVD or any instructions...

Thanks folks!

BRETT

I'm assuming that you don't have the original so I can easily see your confusion as it's never covered in the DVD, or with any written instructions. I think that was a terrible oversight, but I've had the original for a long time.

I haven't placed the sleeve on mine, but if you notice that there are removable white strips on the sleeve. The sleeve has adhesive on it and it should be placed on the opposite side of the "Back Card" side. I would suggest that you first place a very small amount of isopropyl alcohol on a soft cloth and clean the edges where the adhesive will be. Make sure you have it aligned properly as once its on....its on to stay and cannot be reapplied. If you choose to do this you can than, if you so wish and as I did a long time ago, purchase the non-gimmicked sleeve which will them match the one you have with the sleeve on it. Actually, I'm not at all too sure if there is a non-gimmicked sleeve that will match the Wow 2 that does not have the sleeve on it.
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
THANK YOU!!!

I ordered a non-gimmick sleeve from Penguin and I will wait until it arrives before applying the sleeve as of course I want them to match up. I don't know if that sleeve will match so better to hold off.

It makes me feel better knowing I didn't miss something - I was just like "what is this extra piece of plastic for?"

Best to you - I will post again here once I get the non gimmick sleeve and report back.

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
UPDATE!!!

Just spole with Keisha at Penguin and she confirms that the NON-GIMMICK Wow 2 DOES include the extra clear card holder and it is PRE-INSTALLED. So all should match nicely.

Hope this helps others who are curious.

BRETT
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Thanks for that bit of info. Penguin is the greatest! Smile
~Yogi Berra~

zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
I just wonder if the ungimmick can be separate to two parts as the gimmick one. Because I want to only use the separate part, if the ungimmick one can not be separted, it can not be same for examination.
Quote:
On 2010-09-15 14:24, saysold1 wrote:
UPDATE!!!

Just spole with Keisha at Penguin and she confirms that the NON-GIMMICK Wow 2 DOES include the extra clear card holder and it is PRE-INSTALLED. So all should match nicely.

Hope this helps others who are curious.

BRETT
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 02:03, zhoudumu wrote:
I just wonder if the ungimmick can be separate to two parts as the gimmick one. Because I want to only use the separate part, if the ungimmick one can not be separted, it can not be same for examination.

Exactly the same thing that crossed my mind. The "original" ungimmicked sleeve is not the same as the Wow 2 sleeve. Also, for some reason I was under the assumption that if you chose to use the additional sleeve (to make it work like the original Wow) that it would be removable. Such is not the case as once you place it on, it’s there to stay! I pre-ordered mine from World Magic so as to get the extra DVD by Craig Petty and David Penn. Some great routines on it but they constantly refer to having the ungimmicked sleeve. Obviously, there is not much sense in having an ungimmicked sleeve if it does not match the gimmicked one and something they failed to mention for some reason. I imagine the best thing to do is place on the sleeve and be done with it, but there might be some who do not wish to do so. Then again, there might very well be an ungimmicked Wow 2 available but I so far I’ve been unable to find it.
~Yogi Berra~

zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
That is right. If there is a ungimmicked Wow 2 , that will be great. But if not I think I will just use it unseparately.
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 10:51, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-09-16 02:03, zhoudumu wrote:

Exactly the same thing that crossed my mind. The "original" ungimmicked sleeve is not the same as the Wow 2 sleeve. Also, for some reason I was under the assumption that if you chose to use the additional sleeve (to make it work like the original Wow) that it would be removable. Such is not the case as once you place it on, it’s there to stay! I pre-ordered mine from World Magic so as to get the extra DVD by Craig Petty and David Penn. Some great routines on it but they constantly refer to having the ungimmicked sleeve. Obviously, there is not much sense in having an ungimmicked sleeve if it does not match the gimmicked one and something they failed to mention for some reason. I imagine the best thing to do is place on the sleeve and be done with it, but there might be some who do not wish to do so. Then again, there might very well be an ungimmicked Wow 2 available but I so far I’ve been unable to find it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just got the un-gimmicked WOW2 today and as stated prior, it DOES have the extra card holder with adhesive already attached.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-09-17 18:24, saysold1 wrote:
Just got the un-gimmicked WOW2 today and as stated prior, it DOES have the extra card holder with adhesive already attached.

Well then, its not an exact un-gimmicked match to WOW 2 as WOW 2 does not have the sleeve attached. It is simply the un-gimmicked original WOW as I knew it would be, and have had as soon as they came out. However, today I just gave in and attached the sleeve to the WOW2 and got it over with. Anyway, it's much more versatile that way so all is well.
~Yogi Berra~

Ken Lam
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Ken Lam
I have the original WOW (that displays a Joker) which does not include any DVD back then. I was wondering if there are more than 1 routine taught in the new DVD?
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
WOW2 includes a DVD with some nice routines. Also, if you order it from World Magic it includes a companion DVD by David Penn and Craig Petty with some great routines. I'm not really sure, but you may be able to get that DVD separately from World Magic if you purchase WOW2 from another dealer.
~Yogi Berra~

popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
One guy told me that he has double wow, wow that changes two times...i couldn't find any link of it...
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Two times? Must be a custom-made but it is a good idea!

I wish WOW 2 face up is not this high so I can buy it. Very nice gimmick and it's open for creativity.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2010-09-18 10:53, popcalinda wrote:
One guy told me that he has double wow, wow that changes two times...i couldn't find any link of it...

That's because I seriously doubt such an animal exists and I think he was just trying to "WOW" you! Knowing how it works its very doubtful that it could have two "patterns" as it were. I imagine it could be done, but being able to precisely control the proper alignment would be very difficult to say the least. For those that have it I'm sure you know what I'm referring to.
~Yogi Berra~

Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

It could be done but it would be thicker I guess.

Btw, for the face up version, are there two type of colors? I've seen the demo in red back and Chris Ballinger also showed the one with the blue back.

Can someone confirm this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Wow 1.0 or Wow 2.0 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL