The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Here he goes again... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
monkeypuzzletree
View Profile
Regular user
essex
119 Posts

Profile of monkeypuzzletree
Quote:
On 2010-09-24 17:47, mindpunisher wrote:
I am not going to put links up here but a five minute search will show many reviews from lay people who are disappointed that he no longer does his "clever tricks".

Surely even you would agree that there would be even MORE negative reviews if he was still just doing "clever tricks" and hadn't progressed in any way. In fact, he probably wouldn't even have a career.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I agree totally he wouldn't have a career and would've disapeared from TV by now. There would be no reviews at all! that's the point I've been making.

In fact I greatly admire his ability to keep up there. I think its his best trick so far. I personally don't like his tv shows anymore. But You have to admire his staying power.

>>>You really are beating a dead horse, MP.<<<

I think the dead horse will beat itself up eventually. Lets wait and see.
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1111 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
I finally saw the show last night. I thought it was terrific, and Derren came across as the talented, warm, caring person that he is.

I can't speak for what is on British TV, but I've certainly never seen anything like "Hero" on American TV.

When I read much of the criticism here, I am reminded of how I felt when new Beatles albums came out. I would say to myself, "I hate this new stuff. Why don't they make more songs like the ones I know and love?". But then as I listened again and again, I began to love that new album, too. The Beatles pulled us along with them as they grew.

Derren has stretched and grown right before our eyes. He's not the "Mind Control" guy any more. He is a great performer with a great intellect and a great heart. I'm eager to see where those qualities take him. And us.

Good wishes to all,

Bob
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Yeah but it's still crap really... come on... open your eyes people!

stop swallowing the force-fed slop!
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
monkeypuzzletree
View Profile
Regular user
essex
119 Posts

Profile of monkeypuzzletree
Quote:
On 2010-09-27 06:49, Olympic Adam wrote:

A well constructed and thoughtful argument. I'm converted.
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Quote:
On 2010-09-22 13:45, entity wrote:
From what I can tell he and Andy Nyman and Iain Sharkey come up with all of the material in his television series, specials and live shows.
- T. Baxter

Just realized that I forgot to mention S. Long, who has had a brilliant hand, from time to time, in helping Derren to realize his artistic visions.

- entity
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2010-09-27 06:49, Olympic Adam wrote:

And you saying that is NOT force feeding?

My eyes are open and I still like it.

It is entertainment and will always be subjective as to who likes it or not.

For example, I for one do not like Juan Tamariz's show or style but you are free to feel however you want about him...

Really Adam.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
Am I imagining this or do I remember correctly that a second Derren special was due to be broadcast a month after Hero (which was shown on Sept 8th)?

There is no indication of this in the Channel 4 schedules or on Derren's blog.

Mike
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
The timer was set for another person to become a hero but thet does not mean that it will be shown then. It is probably a prerecorded event to be braodcat in the future
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
OK, that may be it.

Mike
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Though no doubt it will be called LIVE

if you read earlier, you can see some of my actual thoughts
the ones presented later are due to this thread going nowhere sensible

if you truly believe something your ideas shouldn't be able to be swayed by a post on a forum, there is no point arguing about it,

I posted my thoughts when it was mostly a discussion rather than bickering that came later, hence I added what I felt people would understand
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Just had a thought, this thread is in the wrong place as it was no demonstration of mentalism, more just hypnosis/entertainment, perhaps more useful in Not Very Magical?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Here he goes again... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL