The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorize faster? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To taoist,

Yes, I've performed it, but it was years ago. It played well, if not as strong as something like the magazine memory. One of the features of this stunt is that you don't have to know how many cards have been removed from the deck. It could be only one, or it might be as many as 5 - 10, you can call them all correctly. It is also a legitimate memory effect, although based on a very clever procedure.

Another good stunt memory stunt with cards is called Quartet and appears on the relatively new set of DVDs from Barrie Richardson. It's described on the package like this: "Playing cards are fairly shuffled by a spectator and yet, when the cards are distributed to four participants, the performer reveals them with stunning speed and inerrancy. This is an extremely commercial effect that looks and feels like a genuine demonstration of extraordinary memory power."

Bob Cassidy has a similar effect to Quartet in his book. But the Richardson version has a "wrinkle" that allows the spectators to shuffle the cards is a more deceptive way. (It went by me when I saw Barrie do it at the L & L shoot.)

In today's world, people are very impressed with memory stunts, I find. And I recommend that you study some memory effects and try them out. You won't regret it.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
MagicMitch
View Profile
New user
New City, NY
71 Posts

Profile of MagicMitch
Quote:
On 2010-09-28 13:09, Dennis Loomis wrote:
Well, I'm partial to his first: How to Develop a Super Power Memory. He covers so much ground, and it's such a good value for the money. But, Harry has put out many books, audio, video, etc. and it's all great.

So here's what you should do: buy EVERYTHING he's ever written or recorded. Then go through it and tell me which you would recommend.

Dennis Loomis

Harry is just so good, and I think that I am going to have to purchase all of his books eventually. No better time than the present!
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
427 Posts

Profile of boinko
I've posted this before, but I've had good luck using Bob Farmer's Queen of Halloween system with a 52 step journey. My plan now is to double up each step along the journey to cut it down to 26.

I'm able to memorize a shuffled deck in less than 3 mins. Not the fastest, but it works for me -- and impresses the heck out of everyone. What's even more impressive to folks is going backwards along the journey -- or having them call out a number and then starting from that number forward or backward.

What surprised me -- and continues to surprise me -- is how easy it was to actually do it once I settled on a system and started practicing. Nowhere near as hard as I feared it might be.

The hardest part (for me, at least) was coming up with a couple of 52 step journeys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Memorize faster? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL