The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Complete Beginner - Where to start performing? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Adir
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Adir
After reading all the comment about messing with cards or coins on a college campus, I figured I'd try it out at my college.
Unfortunately I've yet to have any luck. Iv'e tried in the Caféteria, an empty lecture hall waiting for class to start (half an hour before hand- there were lots of people there), and sitting in a popular hangout hallway with lots of people around.

It's almost as if all the other students are too busy looking at their phones, or laptops, or videochatting (or occasionally studying....occasionally).
Has anyone else ever encountered this problem? I don't think the issue here is that what I'm doing isn't eye catching. In the past, when siblings had friends over, or when a relative or someone from the neighborhood stopped by, they would always react even if only with a change in facial expression, even if they don't know me well and I wasn't using the most attention drawing flourishes or oddities.
Thoughts?
Coolmanclyde
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Coolmanclyde
Great topic/thread gotta keep it alive.

Does anyone else have review on grants book the approach?

Lastly, I am in the same boat. Developing routines,leaning new tricks, figuring out my style. I have been practicing on family and children. But I need to go out in public. Trying to decide if senior home or children's environment would be better. I can't decide which environment or age range would be better. Seems like a senior home would have a better arrangement/possibility for larger group show? Or would a hospital with more private performances be better?

Someone mentioned goodwill- I wonder what the setting would entail for that choice?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Complete Beginner - Where to start performing? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL