The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review - One Degree, Key Warp, Original Thumb Tie, Magic at the Bar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi Guys.

Sorry about the late post, I've been at the IBM convention all week!

Anyway the latest Wizard Product Review is online. In this weeks show we look at Key Warp, Magic At The Bar by Chris Randall, Joe Monte's Original Thumb Tie and One Degree by John Gustafero.

I hope you enjoy the show and if you have any questions or suggestions just let me know

Link to show - Click Here!

Craig
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Great review! I have a question about Key Warp, how is it compared to Key Accessory? the card effect you performed off of One Degree was niiiice! I thoroughly enjoy your reviews!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
And, how does Key Warp compare to the Bongo Bender and other key bending gaffs from the 1970's and 80's. It does not APPEAR to be anything new at all. But, I could well be wrong.

Benny
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Wow...you incorporated my "trash of the week" suggestion...you like me...you really like me! Smile Would have loved you to use the word "rubbish," however...such a great word! In any case, I LOVE the Wizard Product Review. More!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Astounding! Another great review session gentlemen. Informative, and, I feel...fairly and objectively judged with the consumer in mind.

These days, where we in the states are Goshman-pinching our pennies, reviews like this are more valuable than ever.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-09-27 19:35, stempleton wrote:
Wow...you incorporated my "trash of the week" suggestion...you like me...you really like me! Smile Would have loved you to use the word "rubbish," however...such a great word! In any case, I LOVE the Wizard Product Review. More!

Hey Steve, it was a great idea, thanks - you the man! We plan on saving this award for those special products that really deserve it. We won't award it every week but when we do it's because the product really needs it!

Thanks again Steve

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-09-27 18:42, Ben Harris wrote:
And, how does Key Warp compare to the Bongo Bender and other key bending gaffs from the 1970's and 80's. It does not APPEAR to be anything new at all. But, I could well be wrong.

Benny

I'll find out and get back to you Ben!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-09-27 20:12, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Astounding! Another great review session gentlemen. Informative, and, I feel...fairly and objectively judged with the consumer in mind.

These days, where we in the states are Goshman-pinching our pennies, reviews like this are more valuable than ever.

We aim to please!!

One thing I have noticed from this show is how much trash is out there. Some producers must think that we as magicians will buy anything!

Anyway, glad we can help!

Craig
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
On your suggestion I purchased One Degree and it is GREAT!
Coulkd you please do a review of the PLOT THICKENS by Ollie Meech: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p3312/The_Plo......nfo.html

Best wishes,

Kyle
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
So how does Key Warp compare to Key Accessary?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2010-10-01 18:52, nonvpro wrote:
So how does Key Warp compare to Key Accessary?

Dunno mate.

Could you post a link to Key Accessary and I'll have a look

Cheers

Craig
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Craig,

Here is a link for Key Accessory:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S9487
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I have to disagree a little bit with your review of Chris Randall's DVD. I myself have it and while you are spot on about some effects crossing over to the other DVD, (Which I believe the bar ones are updated handling while the other is a lecture, correct me if I am wrong), it is obvious to me you didn't bother to watch the whole video and merely skimmed it. Especially for coin in bottle and the phone number effect.

If you are going to set yourselves up as reviewers, you should do the rest of us a favor of actually sitting through the products you "review" in their entirety. Otherwise, you are just wasting everyone's time and not giving the item a fair shake.
Official Thread Killer
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your feedback Stucky.

Dave and I are always fair with our reviews. If something is good we say so, if it is not good we say so and explain why we felt it wasn't good. In Chris Randall's case neither of us liked the DVD. Now this is just our opinion and we are not saying our opinion is the be all and end all, take it for what it's worth.

We always look at every DVD all the way through including Chris's. The bottom line there is a lot of bad magic and even worse handling on there. Did you see the business card thing. Can you honestly tell me the way he inserted the card in the spectators hand was natural? Do you see the vanishing bottle, what is there that is original there? As for the seven digits effect as with everything else we watched it all and point is the actual effect and the performance of the effect does not get the girls phone number. Yes, in the explanation he talks about how to convert this into a getting a phone number but the actually effect that was performed on the DVD does not result in a phone number being received.

Regarding the coin in bottle in Dave's and my opinion there is nothing new there. Everything I saw has been done before. Now I mentioned in the review that I liked his Misers Dream and his Napkin Rose material but overall there are much better DVDs available for a similar price. Of course that is just my opinion and not gospel. However, I sure that most will agree that if we are nothing else the Wizard Product Review is fair.

Hope this answers your questions

Craig
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Craig,

I posted a link for Key Accessory. Any comments on a comparison between Key Warp compare to Key Accessary?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review - One Degree, Key Warp, Original Thumb Tie, Magic at the Bar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL